Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Liverpool 0 Wanderers 0

DomRepWanderer

• Moderators

I would suspect that the club very much 'look after' those types.

Even though the good folk of the LoV are putting very little extra in to the club. Prob got a call asking how many they wanted.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Do they?

I always thought clubs kept home gate receipts

The away club gets to keep 5% of the takings of whatever they pre-sell for an away game. Any pay on the day goes 100% to the home club as does home sales, hospitality etc.

It's a Football League ruling so is probably treated as little more than an admin charge lower down the divisions, but in our league it's a nice little earner over the course of the season - even a pretty conservative estimate of Leeds selling 3,000 tickets at an average of £20 each at the weekend would have earned them 3 grand.

• Moderators

all this take of loyalty points and that

really, what's the point?

I can think of this, and Carling Cup in the last 15 years where there's been a clamour for tickets

and probably Hull away, and that's it

by all accounts this isn't even the clubs fault, it's ticketmaster (which you could argue is the club's fault)

but we've really got no real need for a system that works in any other way to the one we have

I still don't think to this day the carling cup final would've sold out had it been 1 per s/t as folk were getting them for their mates because they could

think Liverpool would've gone on open sale had the 1 per s/t rule had been applied on ticketmaster

(just in case, I just hope the club know I'm going to Sheff Weds and not Liverpool, even though I'm paying on the day)

Free travel is a great idea...always boosts our support when offered (WBA about 3 years ago we had almost 40 coaches...rather than the usual 5 or 6). It's Ticketmaster who appear to be the culprits in this. Their job is to sell tickets, that's what they do for an actual living...how the fuck can they keep getting it so wrong? Why are they still in business? And why are we still giving them some? Meanwhile, the BN is still recycling quotes from NL's post match interview from Saturday as its lead story online. Their job is to report news, that's what they do for an actual living...

They phoned us today, canceled our booking of 6 tickets, they had refunded the account before ringing. Re-booked 4 "correctly" however as of tonight no moneys left the account, first time it was instant.

Slightly worried.

They've taken money for 6 tickets now. How many tickets should we expect, 4 or 6?

Free travel is a great idea...always boosts our support when offered (WBA about 3 years ago we had almost 40 coaches...rather than the usual 5 or 6). It's Ticketmaster who appear to be the culprits in this. Their job is to sell tickets, that's what they do for an actual living...how the fuck can they keep getting it so wrong? Why are they still in business? And why are we still giving them some? Meanwhile, the BN is still recycling quotes from NL's post match interview from Saturday as its lead story online. Their job is to report news, that's what they do for an actual living...

You would really expect some sort of statement from the club on this

Correct put the free travel on to those Friday night aways we had, not a drive less than an hour away.

Me and poppa Spencer have taken up the offer of free kids and flids as it was there and takes some hassle out of getting there. Was it not available we'd still have gone to the game.

This adds to our usual away games of Wiggin, Blackburn and one of forest or derby

You would really expect some sort of statement from the club on this

Agree 100%.

I'm not on twatter, but I can't see anything on their Facebook feed other than saying it's sold out (and telling us what we really want to know - that it's Moxey's birthday today).

I can only assume they are waiting until they have sorted out the mess with Ticketmaster and have worked out how many tickets they have actually sold, so they can then issue a statement to say what the hell is going on.

In the meantime, many fans are in limbo and waiting in fear of a call from the ticket office.

It's not been difficult getting organised and getting tickets really. I've got the Mrs attending her first game since Wembley. Big E is in our party despite not having a season ticket and he's bringing his eastern European bride along who speaks less English than Julio Geordio and couldn't find Bolton on a map.

=@