Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Freedman

anewman

• Site Supporter

Gartside will be pulling every string and covering all basses to keep Lennon here, even without any brass. If I were him this moaning woodwind me up. If he knew how much he was disliked, there would bound to be a re percussion.

Erm..... triangle.

Well, I think you've just about orchestrated every pun into a single post.

Perhaps he has better players at his new club.

So, are you admitting that you were wrong in labelling DF as a shit manager?

Don't get me wrong, his tactics and team selections were questionable, however every manager since big Sam have failed miserably at the club, I think the problems lie deeper. Maybe there's a negative vibe at the place where it's an 'us against them' mentality

Something is not right

But most managers at most clubs fail miserably, hence why the average time a manager spends at a club is generally less than two seasons.

DF did quite well when he first got here, and we thought we would get in the playoffs.....it then went horribly wrong after that.

Every new manager in the land has a honeymoon period.

People were touting forest as promotion candidates at the start of Pearces reign.

It wasnt just poor selections that fucked Freedmans tenure up. He infested the club like a disease and took every little last bit of fight from everyone surrounding him. He froze people out,froze the club captain out,ignored advice on youngsters that are now shining to instead hand pick his own loan signings. He fell out with every fucker and became a recluse.

Tie all that in with a completely bonkers playing strategy that exposed every weakness in our frail sqaud and a total unwillingness to change or adapt plus bizarre team selections and in game changes that made your toes curl and you have a manager that given time at forest will take them lower than they have ever been.

Fuck you freedman.

Don't get me wrong, his tactics and team selections were questionable, however every manager since big Sam have failed miserably at the club, I think the problems lie deeper. Maybe there's a negative vibe at the place where it's an 'us against them' mentality

Something is not right

As you know, the Reebok was cursed. Presumably this has been taken over by Macron

Have any fans on here lost their savings to that burnden leisure rip off scheme?

Know someone who lost 10k to the club

I think plenty did, but even at the time to invest in a football club was a ridiculous thing to do. Anybody who bought £10K worth must of either had a shit loads of money so as £10K is neither here nor there, or they were stark raving mad.

• Moderators

Have any fans on here lost their savings to that burnden leisure rip off scheme?

Know someone who lost 10k to the club

See, this is the sort of comment that lands you in court. Good luck.

People don't lose their savings in share schemes. They are investments. Might be worth taking a backseat if you don't grasp that.

I think plenty did, but even at the time to invest in a football club was a ridiculous thing to do. Anybody who bought £10K worth must of either had a shit loads of money so as £10K is neither here nor there, or they were stark raving mad.

Agree with this it was never going to return a profit I had 1300 shares cost me about £200 quid just in it for the ride and I still get the accounts and it was worth £200 to just see them. Anyhow Eddies 200 million down less whatever the hotel offices and ground/training grounds worth so he's the big loser in all this.

. Anyhow Eddies 200 million down less whatever the hotel offices and ground/training grounds worth so he's the big loser in all this.

Indeed, it would be interesting to know how much the assets are actually worth. I think Anewman said £500M the other week, I think that's a bit high, but we must be sat on c£25M~£40M worth of assets

Edited by CWP

See, this is the sort of comment that lands you in court. Good luck.

People don't lose their savings in share schemes. They are investments. Might be worth taking a backseat if you don't grasp that.

I doubt PG going to do a KO given his current court case, but just in case I think it is sensible advice. Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

How so adolf? Many folk got ripped a new arse when they got took off the stock exchange.

Luckily I decided against buying but i was willing to stick a grand in

No one got ripped off. Shit happens when you buy shares as an investment (look up what that means).

It you wanted them so be a shareholder of BWFC then you could have bought one on its own.

Too many people bought shares without understanding them. That's their fault. No one forced them into it. On the plus side, your loses offset your capital gains tax.

Indeed, it would be interesting to know how much the assets are actually worth. I think Anewman said £500M the other week, I think that's a bit high, but we must be sat on c£25M~£40M worth of assets

A money speculation thread is always fascinating.

The stadium must be worth that

Then there's the hotel, Academy, Euxton, the school, the contract on the wider development

.....and player contracts (sic!). Actually, Z Clough and Vela

It could be £100m

Carlos is right here, everybody knows what they are letting themselves in for when they buy shares. There was no rip off, it transpires it wasn't the greatest investment in the world, but it wasn't a "rip off" 

Thank God I only sank £1,000 in