Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bournemouths 3 Wanderers 0

L/H White

It's above

You won't because you can't

I've already answered it. I said i'd get rid of those that are either not part of his plans or have already left on loan. The rest are plenty good enough as either first team regulars or squad players, so by definition if i'd keep them, then the rest have all played a role this season and have a role to play next season. I don't really know which part of that you're struggling to understand.

I've also said that it's impossible for clubs at this level to carry two first teams. You'll always have a first team and a reserve team making up the squad. Anyone who thinks you can just trade squad players for first team players from other clubs should offer their services to BWFC because they're obviously wasted on here.

Now this raft of shite. So far Dervite is sailing on it alone. Who else is joining him?

I've already answered it. I said i'd get rid of those that are either not part of his plans or have already left on loan. The rest are plenty good enough as either first team regulars or squad players, so by definition if i'd keep them, then the rest have all played a role this season and have a role to play next season. I don't really know which part of that you're struggling to understand.

I've also said that it's impossible for clubs at this level to carry two first teams. You'll always have a first team and a reserve team making up the squad. Anyone who thinks you can just trade squad players for first team players from other clubs should offer their services to BWFC because they're obviously wasted on here.

Now this raft of shite. So far Dervite is sailing on it alone. Who else is joining him?

You haven't answered it you boring bell end

Reading this with interest and I'm firmly in the Jules camp. I'll name players who aren't good enough starting with the obvious, Feeney - don't know what he offers apart from effort, no quality in either crossing or finishing. Dervite - not good enough. Lonergan - contract up and lets in too many easy ones and his parrying of shots usually ends up in a goal. Trotter - did think there may be a player in there but can't stay fit and for a big lad doesn't impose himself. Moxey - effort doesn't excuse his lack of ability or positioning. Danns - thinks he's better than he is and loses possesion too much. Mills - if he wanted to stay he would have signed already, no composure on the ball. Spearing - not in Lennys plans and not mobile enough. Craig Davies - too injury prone and needs too many chances to score when fit. Rob HalL - Billy big Bollocks and far to light weight. Probably a few young un's like Eaves etc.

Tim Ream as a CB he's a no from me and depends if Lenny sees him as a regular left back if he can get someone else in.

Big job on in my opinion and will probably take more than this summer. Just want to see us competative which we definitely aren't away from home.

Well at least you've actually had the balls to name a few players but are you seriously suggesting that the likes of Davies, Lonergan, Ream and Mills aren't good enough? Not even as squad players?

If we changed the question to who would you be gutted about leaving.

There's only Clayton, Clough, Vela, Bogdan and potentially Walker I'd say.

Genuinely don't give a shit about the rest.

Very happy to rebuild the sinking ship.

Forgot about Vela. He's another I'd add to my consistent performers list, and yet ANOTHER who's spending time out injured.

Well I'm not sure what you mean really, I don't honestly belive they are good enough to play and if they are part of the squad then potentially they may have to due to injuries, suspensions etc. In reality I'd like to have players in reserve who could challenge for a first team place and not weaken us too much. Leads to complacency if the backups aren't good enough, hence the mess we are in at the moment. We'd look a lot better with the likes of Clough,Pratley,probably Wheater and a big powerful

central midfielder which granted we dont currently have.

Edited by boltonbhoy

In reality I'd like to have players in reserve who could challenge for a first team place and not weaken us too much. Leads to complacency if the backups aren't good enough, hence the mess ee are in at the moment. We'd look a lot better with the likes of Clough,Pratley,probably Wheater and a big powerful central midfielder which granted we dont currently have.

Some of those you've named are good enough to be playing in the first team and the back-ups are good enough... as back-ups. The reason some of them have had to play the entire season, is because we've had half a team out for large parts of it.

You can't expect players who are good enough to be playing regular first team football, to sit on the bench every week at this level on the off chance that someone gets injured.

The trick is to assemble a decent first team and hope you can keep them fit. If we have to rely on the likes of Lonergan to come in every now and then, i think he'd do a decent job.

If we changed the question to who would you be gutted about leaving.

There's only Clayton, Clough, Vela, Bogdan and potentially Walker I'd say.

Genuinely don't give a shit about the rest.

Very happy to rebuild the sinking ship.

I'd like to keep Pratley too. We're going to need some experience.

Some of those you've named are good enough to be playing in the first team and the back-ups are good enough... as back-ups. The reason some of them have had to play the entire season, is because we've had half a team out for large parts of it.

You can't expect players who are good enough to be playing regular first team football, to sit on the bench every week at this level on the off chance that someone gets injured.

The trick is to assemble a decent first team and hope you can keep them fit. If we have to rely on the likes of Lonergan to come in every now and then, i think he'd do a decent job.

Ok so who do you think is good enough for the first team out of the ones I've named?

You'll probably say Ream and I'd say purely as a leftback not at CB and I dont personally think he's brilliant there either.

Its all about opinion and to be fair nether of ours really count,its down to NL. Even then its about who he can shift if their contracts arent up, cant see anyone else paying decent money for any of them otherwise.

Ok so who do you think is good enough for the first team out of the ones I've named?

You'll probably say Ream and I'd say purely as a leftback not at CB and I dont personally think he's brilliant there either.

Its all about opinion and to be fair nether of ours really count,its down to NL. Even then its about who he can shift if their contracts arent up, cant see anyone else paying decent money for any of them otherwise.

The four i named. If we're going to strengthen we shouldn't be chucking our money away on more centre halves. At last count we had five including Baptiste.

Thirteen games is not a 'handful' of games. It's almost a third of the season. He wouldn't have had to play the number of games he has if Wheater had been fit.

Who were the 13 teams and how many of them are in the top ten? Three? We had a very favourable run of games when Lennon joined as our start was tough, partly making the position of 11th since Lennon joined false.

I've seen nothing in the games against those top teams under Lennon to suggest he'd have fared any better.

However, as Jules said, that doesn't mean with the right changes that we won't next season. But there are a lot of teams we need to have a better summer of squad building than.

Anyone saying Feeney isn't good enough can get to fuck for me.

He's had a dip at the end of the season that I think he's played in pretty much every game.

He's our leading assist maker and has played wherever he's been asked and given it his all.

He's limited but as far as a right winger in the championship I'd say he's as good as we'll get without spending money we don't have.

Is he a wing back? No

Can he play left wing for a full 90? No

Getting down the right and getting the ball in is his speciality and he's proven earlier in the season he's good at it.

• Moderators

how do our last 35 games compare with the last 35 games in the previous 2 seasons?

fwiw, i think with a decent run on the injury front and keeping 3 or 4 of 5 key players fit for most of the season, we'll be comfortably top half

anything more than that, i dunno

but i do know we aint as bad as some want to wail on

• Moderators

shouldve left it at that, frankie boy

this league is about a few good uns, supplemented with some padding

feeney is plenty good enough padding

unless we're now doubting lennon

Boltonbhoy totally in agreement with your comments . For me the spine of the team is the most important keep Bogdan get Baptiste back with a fit Wheater add a strong defensive midfielder alongside Prats and a big strong mobile forward and fill in the other positions with Clough, Clayton and a Rb and LB and we will be in with a shout of promotion.

The four i named. If we're going to strengthen we shouldn't be chucking our money away on more centre halves. At last count we had five including Baptiste.

Well Craig Davies, Lonergan and Mills contracts are all up and the only one we've heard that has been offered a new one is Mills, if the others have then it's not been made public so unless they are willing to take reduced terms then they won't be kept in my opinion. Presume Mills has been offered less hence him not having signed yet. I agree with Traf, that in my opinion Ream isn't a good defender, too weak at CB and not brilliant at LB. Like I said, all about opinion but  guess that none of those mentioned bar Ream will be here next season. If he is I don't expect him to be starting much. Don't think we can play any two of Mills, Dervire and Wheater together, in my opinion if fit then Wheater is the best of them with a footballer playing next to him. Heard Danny Wilson being mentioned and he fits that role and he won't be on much money at Hearts.

He's had a dip at the end of the season that I think he's played in pretty much every game.

He's our leading assist maker and has played wherever he's been asked and given it his all.

He's limited but as far as a right winger in the championship I'd say he's as good as we'll get without spending money we don't have.

Is he a wing back? No

Can he play left wing for a full 90? No

Getting down the right and getting the ball in is his speciality and he's proven earlier in the season he's good at it.

If you mean getting past his fullback and just leathering it in then that's fine but most of his crosses are over hit or end up out of play. I'll give you that he's a trier but looks like that is even missing judging by last night.

We need a team that scores consistently 7 and 8 out of 10 every week. Looking at Iles scores for last night then Bogdan had an 8 and the rest 4's or 5's which goes along with what I witnessed. I'm sure Feeneys a decent lad but IN MY opinion a footballer he ain't !

Edited by boltonbhoy

shouldve left it at that, frankie boy

this league is about a few good uns, supplemented with some padding

feeney is plenty good enough padding

unless we're now doubting lennon

Spot on.

Folk are going on as you need a team full of superstars to compete in this division.

I could probably name 2 Watford first team players. Same for Bournemouth and that's only because I listened to them play last night.

We have the luxury players in already. There's no shortage of guile in midfield. A couple of defensive additions and I really don't think we are far away from being a strong unit.

We're not million miles away from the old deadwood bollocks debate here. Everyone in this division is in the same boat.