Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bournemouths 3 Wanderers 0

L/H White

Utter bollocks.

Ok tell us why he's a good defender ? Gets caught out of position every game at LB and last night confirmed hes not strong enough at CB. Wilson barged him off the ball and hes not even what I'd say is a powerful striker. He's ok as a footballer but very weak ad a defender. Only say what I see....

If we changed the question to who would you be gutted about leaving.

There's only Clayton, Clough, Vela, Bogdan and potentially Walker I'd say.

Genuinely don't give a shit about the rest.

Very happy to rebuild the sinking ship.

Not sure about Clayton; not convinced me from what I have seen but appreciate that is limited

If Eddie Howe keeps Bournemouth up next season could he be taking over from Hodgson? England team needs a revolution IMO a change in approach and a change in attitude, next season will prove his worth there's plenty good at riding on the crest of a wave.

Edited by HR

If Eddie Howe keeps Bournemouth up next season could he be taking over from Hodgson? England team needs a revolution IMO a change in approach and a change in attitude, next season will prove his worth there's plenty good at riding on the crest of a wave.

I thought Gareth Southgate or Gaz Nev was earmarked for that job. Presume if u21's do ok in the summer then he'd be odds on.

Edited by boltonbhoy

Well I can get to fuck because I think Feeney is crap. Admittedly we are also crap so he fits in well.He stays and we stay crap.

I like Ream though not in defence. Don't like Mills, the Leicester fans were right about him, he can go, paper tiger and definitely not captain material. Dervite has been a big disappointment, neither are a patch on Wheater, if he could stay fit he is one that is good enough for the top end of this league. Baptiste as a central defender, got to be good enough as he was for Blackburn.

Bogdan, Ream,Pratley,Wheater,Mark Davies (unless we can get a few bob), the young lads obviously including Clayton. Apart from that not bothered about anyone else going. This is a longterm rebuilding job, another relegation fight next season, nailed on. 

Well I can get to fuck because I think Feeney is crap. Admittedly we are also crap so he fits in well.He stays and we stay crap.

I like Ream though not in defence. Don't like Mills, the Leicester fans were right about him, he can go, paper tiger and definitely not captain material. Dervite has been a big disappointment, neither are a patch on Wheater, if he could stay fit he is one that is good enough for the top end of this league. Baptiste as a central defender, got to be good enough as he was for Blackburn.

Bogdan, Ream,Pratley,Wheater,Mark Davies (unless we can get a few bob), the young lads obviously including Clayton. Apart from that not bothered about anyone else going. This is a longterm rebuilding job, another relegation fight next season, nailed on.

Matches my opinion more or less, Ream not a defender but not sure in def midfield either.

Last years league standings:

Bournemouth 10th

Watford 13th

Brentford/Wolves could feasibly could be the 3rd promoted team... League 1

Wigan and Brighton in the play offs last year, Reading just missed out.

This years final standings mean very little outside of the teams that get promoted and relegated. I'm not having it that we can't do well next year because we have been poor this year (when dougie ruined the 1st half of it).

How many people would have pointed shackell and duff as a cb pairing to get promoted last season? There doesn't have to be expensive star players all over the team.

The argument for cash is rubbished by the likes of Burnley last year and Ipswich/Brentford/Boro this year.

As Traf has pointed out we could lose 25 players this year, we might not have millions to spend in replacing them but what we do have can be spent as Lennon wants rather than already being tied up. We've got youth coming through for once and not just one but potentially 3,4 or 5 for next year, a few of which have been blooded in the back end of this pointless season.

There's a lot that needs to go right this summer, we need our better players to get fit and Lennon needs to do very well in the transfer window, but I'm not having it that next season is a write off. A good manager and a 20 goal a season takes you a long way in this league and I'm still convinced we have half of it.

But Bournemouth and watford have had investment that has given them the edge and they had much much more firepower than the rest. Bournemouth lost Grabban but went out and bought Wilson, Watford got decent players from Italy and kept hold of Deeney (turning down millions). The signs were there last season which are just not here. Burnley had a team built by Howe an exceptional manager, McCarthy has built up ipswich over a few seasons, Boro/Derby/Leicester took a few seasons to build.Don't think Brentford & Wolves will have as good a season next year. Just cannot see a 20 goal striker in a white shirt next season, not here already and no money to go and get one. Really really want to be wrong but another season of steady progress, i.e.. mid table is all I can see.

How quickly Lennon's able to do all the dealing he wants, and what his pre-season regime is like are the keys for me. In theory, we need to turn five defeats into wins just to be about where Blackburn are now, though if we hadn't developed the injury time hoodoo we'd not have been far off, even with the rag bag teams we've been turning out. A lot of that injury time stuff has, for me, been down to mental fatigue as a consequence of not being at the physical levels of other teams in the Division. If you are physically strong there is a correlation with mental strength. 

Lennon's inherited the results of Freedman's regime, lets see what happens when he's imposed his own, and also hopefully brought in a few with a bit more mental toughness and resilience in their make-up.     

How quickly Lennon's able to do all the dealing he wants, and what his pre-season regime is like are the keys for me. In theory, we need to turn five defeats into wins just to be about where Blackburn are now, though if we hadn't developed the injury time hoodoo we'd not have been far off, even with the rag bag teams we've been turning out. A lot of that injury time stuff has, for me, been down to mental fatigue as a consequence of not being at the physical levels of other teams in the Division. If you are physically strong there is a correlation with mental strength.

Lennon's inherited the results of Freedman's regime, lets see what happens when he's imposed his own, and also hopefully brought in a few with a bit more mental toughness and resilience in their make-up.

I agree with this. I will add that a fast start next season is vital we need momentum from day 1 to stand a chance.

I agree with this. I will add that a fast start next season is vital we need momentum from day 1 to stand a chance.

We do, playing catch up after a tardy start's become too regular an issue. Even if we're a bit win-lose-draw after 10-12 games it'd be something. 

Lennon was never a soft touch as a player, I would hope and imagine he sees us as that now, is irritated by it and already knows how he wants to change it

But Bournemouth and watford have had investment that has given them the edge and they had much much more firepower than the rest. Bournemouth lost Grabban but went out and bought Wilson, Watford got decent players from Italy and kept hold of Deeney (turning down millions). The signs were there last season which are just not here. Burnley had a team built by Howe an exceptional manager, McCarthy has built up ipswich over a few seasons, Boro/Derby/Leicester took a few seasons to build.Don't think Brentford & Wolves will have as good a season next year. Just cannot see a 20 goal striker in a white shirt next season, not here already and no money to go and get one. Really really want to be wrong but another season of steady progress, i.e.. mid table is all I can see.

A 20 goal a season striker won't necessarily sort any of our problems out. Blackburn have two and they still finished short of the playoffs.

Our problem is we are conceding way too many goals especially away from home. We need to sort the defence out properly first.

When has a team ever completely rebuilt and started a season on a flyer? I think he's a good manager but I won't be judging him on a few games next season or a number of bargain basement gambles like he's been forced to use so far. Lennon wants to rebuild the club from top to bottom, good luck to him but he's going to have to have the powers of the ultimate ninja ginga to turn it round in a few months.

This is a longterm rebuilding job, another relegation fight next season, nailed on. 

Really really want to be wrong but another season of steady progress, i.e.. mid table is all I can see.

Presumably your next post will have us winning it by a country mile then.

• Moderators

A bloke on the wireless said there were more at Non league Bristol Rovers on Saturday than were present at Bournemouth on Monday night.

and they scored more goals too, winning 7-0

but had to settle for the play offs missing out on automatic by 2 points