Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

Everything about thay game was shit. Both teams crossing was fucking terrible.

We either go sideways or long ball. Utter shite.

Clayton makes good runs bit we rarely find him or even look for him. The few times we did get him in behind was out best play.

Ref not sending the Preston guy off was a joke. Seriously shocking standard of refereeing in this league. That cunt needs demoting to the conference.

We are going down if we continue to create next to fuck all .

Didn't manage to get back home early enough so watched on Telly sober so might have different perspective than most, thought it was a decent point, decent away performance, we need to scratch and battle away from home and we did just that once we start scraping more away draws the wins will then come, thought Derik looked fish out of water at fullback and shouldn't be played there again, Pisano and Casado look proper full backs and those 2 with Wheater and Prince be decent back 4, it's a shame Mark Davies didn't make the bench as he might have given us that quality to win the game, still like see us with midfield ball winner, playmaker, could that be Brattan, and some pace up top who knows where net is. Keep playing like that away and I'll be reasonably happy and we will start to climb the table.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Didn't manage to get back home early enough so watched on Telly sober so might have different perspective than most, thought it was a decent point, decent away performance, we need to scratch and battle away from home and we did just that once we start scraping more away draws the wins will then come, thought Derik looked fish out of water at fullback and shouldn't be played there again, Pisano and Casado look proper full backs and those 2 with Wheater and Prince be decent back 4, it's a shame Mark Davies didn't make the bench as he might have given us that quality to win the game, still like see us with midfield ball winner, playmaker, could that be Brattan, and some pace up top who knows where net is. Keep playing like that away and I'll be reasonably happy and we will start to climb the table.

Up two places today!!

That's almost 24 years since Preston last beat us now. It is 23 years to the day (October 31, 1992) since they last even scored a goal against us. Mind you - there's only been five games between us in that time.

....... not that any of that helps our current predicament!!

• Site Supporter

That's almost 24 years since Preston last beat us now. It is 23 years to the day (October 31, 1992) since they last even scored a goal against us. Mind you - there's only been five games between us in that time.

....... not that any of that helps our current predicament!!

Never mind Neil Lennon - Malcolm must be questioning his position at the moment!

• Site Supporter

I can see where you're coming from Mounts but given how poor Preston were I'm afraid I can't share you're optimism...too many ifs & maybes. Had high hopes with Lennon & I'm still willing him to come through but I tend to agree that he's losing his way. That was truly mundane tonight & we have only 3 or 4 players with any kind of fight or impetus, the rest seem to be sleepwalking. As for Derik as a right back, I'd rather have Ray Deakin back.

I'd have that and put up with us lumping it in the stand for a 0-0 away week after week if we looked like a unit that could create chances, score goals and win even a few matches at home. Up to now we don't. They were absolute shite and if we were to win one game away all season this should have been it. Edited by ianofrochdale

Do fans really think we're going to go from abysmal away from home to even half good overnight? So many fans haven't a clue what it takes to turn a team round who are use to losing, very small baby steps required and a lot of hard work, time and effort, xbox and the like got a lot to answer for. We're going in right direction although painfully slow. The fans have to show patience with Lennon, if he's forced out of the club by fan power I'm done with football. I hope the silent majority win the day.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

We looked ok up to the edge of their box with the exception on Derik - but then he isn't a right back and I'm baffled by his continued selection. Casado was a bright point as Wheater - Amos looked assured. Vela is a pass ahead of everybody else, we should be building a team around him. Clayton looked ok - Feeney needs to have more confidence with his left peg. We need some pace up top and to win a game by a rebound off someone's arse.

Do fans really think we're going to go from abysmal away from home to even half good overnight? So many fans haven't a clue what it takes to turn a team round who are use to losing, very small baby steps required and a lot of hard work, time and effort, xbox and the like got a lot to answer for. We're going in right direction although painfully slow. The fans have to show patience with Lennon, if he's forced out of the club by fan power I'm done with football. I hope the silent majority win the day.

Wasn't in the ground so those who were will be better able to comment but I didn't detect any lack of patience with Lennon, the turning it on Gartside at the end was, for me, a way of letting rip about how shit it was without it being at Lennon. Another 0-0 stinker fine with me on Tues, but needs to be followed with a win, last two home performances have been dismal