Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

• Moderators

Sitrep then... Rendezvous at Bolton 3pm, got 3.06 train, met Undies cottaging on the platform.

As soon as we landed in Preston, the cries on White Army were given as everyone piled out the main entrance. We swerved right and out the side, into Fishergate Centre and out. No signs of the White Army, assume they were rounded up?

Drink in Black Horse with some Blackburn Roaders. Where Mrs Christmas was located on the ring road now a big Spoons, cries of White Army and disgruntled local scutters unable to get in filled the air, with TAU and Mounties surrounding the place. We headed down Friargate towards the Uni, saw Randy West looking dapper as always and Ray Von who informed us the Adelphi was surrounded and they were rounding people up. Uturn and back to Guildhall. Cries of John Byrom etc could be heard in all directions.

We remembered the Wellie was a decent feed so headed there to find Baba O'Reilly and friends, people had hunted out every single drinking hole. Chicken Jalfrezi and walked up to the ground, all the way round the fucker, some right scenes, one lad taking a standing 10 count.

Went for a piss to find Tomski and CWP hanging round the bogs. Shit game, train back was fucking horrible, missed the fun and games and airbomb. Entertained by a bald dwarf en route. Filmed by the cops arriving at Bolton, for what, going to a football game, cunts. Buswanker home.

Go on then

Reasons why you reckon Vela thinks he's better than he is?

Hear he's got chip on shoulder, I'm guessing he thinks he should be playing regularly, usually is with footballers, fact is 2 managers not thought him good enough for a regular spot despite us not being fantastic in centre mid, for me he's average at most things, not creative enough to play in the hole, not strong enough to be the midfield general and not a good enough passer to be the deep lying play maker. Have him in the squad as a utility player but at the moment not good enough to start regularly. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Hear he's got chip on shoulder, I'm guessing he thinks he should be playing regularly, usually is with footballers, fact is 2 managers not thought him good enough for a regular spot despite us not being fantastic in centre mid, for me he's average at most things, not creative enough to play in the hole, not strong enough to be the midfield general and not a good enough passer to be the deep lying play maker. Have him in the squad as a utility player but at the moment not good enough to start regularly.

Most of that is your critique of him and the only thing that says he thinks he's too good for it is "you've heard he has a chip on his shoulder"

You're mixing things Mounts

FWIW I've heard he's shy and it can be construed as arrogance, however he had a decent attitude

But you, like I, have only heard things. Nothing he has done on the pitch suggests that he thinks he's too good; he's just not got in regularly like you say.

Having said that it wasn't long ago that Liverpool were sniffing around him

I think you need to give him a break. If you don't rate him then fine, but until he acts the cunt don't assume he is one

Agree with the comments about the wide open spaces in front of Casado .Without Davies in the team we are bereft of any movement going forward .Pratley seems to have morphed back into the one paced plodder he was under Freeman our free kicks & corners were pityfull teams like Rotherham are at least competent at set piece delivery & score a few goals from them don't really understand why we are so bad at them.

At 1.48 a sinister little fella appears from nowhere on a mission to find drink. Dodging the police kettling, he follows his instincts and eventually finds his goal! The door on the other side was quicker though.

That was R2D2, where was C3PO and the gold trainers?

At 1.48 a sinister little fella appears from nowhere on a mission to find drink. Dodging the police kettling, he follows his instincts and eventually finds his goal! The door on the other side was quicker though.

i cant beleave how empty it was only 3 at the bar

mind you at £3.80 for a pint of bitter no fucking wonder