Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Members

Almost the perfect weekend for me. To use a few Americanisms, it's just peachy when the Packers win to zip, the Wanderers win to zip and the Perth team won the AFL Grand Final in a bit of a nailbiter.

The only down side? Seeing a Packer legend (Jordy Nelson) playing for a shower of shite who are on a par with the Browns (and pretty much proved that to be fact today). The Packers are a brilliantly run organisation but I can't help thinking they dropped a bollock here in offering him a pay cut in order to finaigle (another Americanism) the salary cap to be able to recruit who they wanted.

Doubt the freaks and weirdo's who follow that motley collection of black and silver vibrators will have much to shout about this season but they'll enjoy watching Jordy.

• Members

Oh, and I know there's only really me ever paps on about the college game but that game at the weekend between the Buckeyes and the Nittany Lions was compelling. If you like the gridiron game in any way, you couldn't help being impressed by that.

Worth tuning in just to see the 'white out'. Amazing spectacle.

The Steelers defence finally showed up for a game. Thought Matty Ice was going to destroy them. 

Gano's monster field goal to win it for the Panthers was amazing viewing. 

Seemed everytime redzone went to Detroit Scott Hanson was saying 'oh no not again' must be the worst in a dome kicking performance ever. 

45 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Loved that the Steelers last minute winning TD drive had a controversial element to it, the Bungles love a good whinge. 

When you say controversial, you like it when the Steelers cheat. 

So many missed picks this season, but the same officioals believe they are able to judge if a dL has applied all his weight in a tackle or not.

Just now, ZiggyStardust said:

When you say controversial, you like it when the Steelers cheat. 

So many missed picks this season, but the same officioals believe they are able to judge if a dL has applied all his weight in a tackle or not.

Only against the Bungles. 

JuJu leveling burfict last season was a personal favourite. 

On 01/10/2018 at 06:59, bolty58 said:

Oh, and I know there's only really me ever paps on about the college game but that game at the weekend between the Buckeyes and the Nittany Lions was compelling. If you like the gridiron game in any way, you couldn't help being impressed by that.

Worth tuning in just to see the 'white out'. Amazing spectacle.

Caught part of a game in the hotel bar on Tuesday night. I now get where you’re coming from bolty. Really good. All the crowd were wearing white T-shirt’s and waving white flags. Guess that was the white out that you were referring too?? Very impressive

7 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Wembley for Chargers and Titans tomorrow hoping for a close game as the London games have a tendency to be a blow out. 

I should have been there tomorrow on a corporate jolly but as I've had knee surgery I had to pull out. Enjoy the game.

• Site Supporter

Chargers look very useful this season so I think it could be a high scoring game.

Aaron Rodgers turns out those finishes nearly every week. I heard a rumour he has a dodgy knee, though hardly anyone mentions it

49 minutes ago, Spider said:

Chargers look very useful this season so I think it could be a high scoring game.

Aaron Rodgers turns out those finishes nearly every week. I heard a rumour he has a dodgy knee, though hardly anyone mentions it

Bit like how they never mention that Jay Ajayi is a British running back.