Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burnley 2 Wanderers 0

burnden

You can't always choose the time when the right player becomes available sometimes you have to bite the bullet and have a vision, I don't really believe that the money couldn't have been found even if it was with a view to sacrificing a player or 2 elsewhere further down the line, unfortunately the current owner, chairman and whoever is bumming round the boardroom don't have any vision for the club, hence were on our arse bottom of the table, with no direction and can't even attract loanees. I hope ED loses whatever equity is left in the club he deserves fuck all.

You're missing the point mate, it might have been conditional; I.e. Literally no money there

Let's say Eddie won't give any more (we think that's true)

The bank won't (we think that's true)

Maybe we LITERALLY (in the true sense of the word) couldn't afford it, couldn't shift players to make the funds available etc?

If so....and this is all hypothetical but very possible, then it ain't owt to do with a lack of vision

Daft decision's? How far back do want to go? Before he realised he had no money he bought Twardzic, what for?

For age's we had no full backs he's now got 2 for each side but plays a centre half at right back yesterday

He praised Vela last season but will not give him any game time this season, why?

We can't score goals so he brings on Heskey, 1 goal in total, and paired him with Madine, why not Clayton?

Left Prince out yesterday why?

Daft decision's? How far back do want to go? Before he realised he had no money he bought Twardzic, what for?

For age's we had no full backs he's now got 2 for each side but plays a centre half at right back yesterday

He praised Vela last season but will not give him any game time this season, why?

We can't score goals so he brings on Heskey, 1 goal in total, and paired him with Madine, why not Clayton?

Left Prince out yesterday why?

I'm thinking 2 big winnable games coming up in the next week is the reason for some of yesterday's calls. Edited by Mounts Kipper

You're missing the point mate, it might have been conditional; I.e. Literally no money there

Let's say Eddie won't give any more (we think that's true)

The bank won't (we think that's true)

Maybe we LITERALLY (in the true sense of the word) couldn't afford it, couldn't shift players to make the funds available etc?

If so....and this is all hypothetical but very possible, then it ain't owt to do with a lack of vision

I get Eddie wouldn't give the money but he could of made it happen he has enough money, his vision is to get rid of the club, a better vision would be to get the club in a better position in the league, perhaps within striking distance of a squad that might challenge for the play offs, rather than one challenging for league 1. I don't like what I see as its as a lack of vision a lack of direction. Lower crowds, relegation, and years in the wilderness will be the end result of the current policy. I see it as another bad course of action on the back of 5 years of bad choices.

I get Eddie wouldn't give the money but he could of made it happen he has enough money, his vision is to get rid of the club, a better vision would be to get the club in a better position in the league, perhaps within striking distance of a squad that might challenge for the play offs, rather than one challenging for league 1. I don't like what I see as its as a lack of vision a lack of direction. Lower crowds, relegation, and years in the wilderness will be the end result of the current policy. I see it as another bad course of action on the back of 5 years of bad choices.

Maybe he had the vision to get the club in a better position for several seasons to no avail.

Maybe he is more interested in buying horses for 3-day eventers.

Maybe his greatest worry is Osborne's talk about closing offshore loopholes.

Maybe he had the vision to get the club in a better position for several seasons to no avail.

Maybe he is more interested in buying horses for 3-day eventers.

Maybe his greatest worry is Osborne's talk about closing offshore loopholes.

Maybe it is, but I couldn't care about that I'm a Bolton fan and in my eyes he's destroying the club.

i reckon you need to go to spesavers :)

if the solutions are as obvious as you think they are, when do you start to think theres something you're not seeing

Not saying the solutions are obvious but I'm damn sure a goalscorer would help paper a few cracks, give us more confidence and definitely more points, if you can't see that then you might need a white stick.

• Moderators

Not saying the solutions are obvious but I'm damn sure a goalscorer would help paper a few cracks, give us more confidence and definitely more points, if you can't see that then you might need a white stick.

good night, manc

Think you might have got the wrong end of the stick slightly Chief W. I went home last night(staying over for Preston away was what I was on about). I left home just before 7am yesterday and I was meant to get back to Reading for 11pm too catch the last bus but thanks to Cross Country trains I got back to Reading at 2am and had to pay £20 for a cab. So hence the rant, I have had enough of paying stupid money, travelling 100s of miles to watch a crap football team managed by an incompetent twat.

years back I lived for bwfc spending the cash on stupid midweek trips etc, ease off a bit mate and select your aways as you will end up losing the passion for the club

I was just bored on Saturday, typical Bolton for the first half hour they dragged me into hoping that we could get a result and were playing well.

As the game went on it just seemed inevitable....I am making effort to go  Tuesday and then driving to Worcester after the game and will be there Saturday.

Really do not think will bother with PNE ! Would have to drive so honestly does not  feel like it is worth the effort.

Sad really as I will watch the game swearing at the telly.

Edited by Ani

I was just bored on Saturday, typical Bolton for the first half hour they dragged me into hoping that we could get a result and were playing well.

As the game went on it just seemed inevitable....I am making effort to go  Tuesday and then driving to Worcester after the game and will be there Saturday.

Really do not think will bother with PNE ! Would have to drive so honestly does not  feel like it is worth the effort.

Sad really as I will watch the game swearing at the telly.

This is exactly why the club has to show some direction some ambition, proper loyal fans who are losing the will to live, loads have already jacked it, the number of times I am going has drastically reduced away from home (even though I am a season ticket holder) were not talking johhny come latelys and part timers we are talking about the hardcore fans the fabric and fibre of BWFC, the club needs to act, there is lack of everything that drives a club forward and connects the fans to the club, pride, passion, a modicum of ambition some dialogue with fans from the top not some bod whos employed by the club but has no connection, we need direction a plan from our supposed leaders, the current status quo is not sustainable. When back in the dark days the club were on its arse we all got behind Nat Lofthouse, pledged to help the club as best we could but now the club seems lost, we have no roots, no figure head with a rallying call to get behind, the club is in grave danger of losing everything wonderful that the club was built on and the powers that be seem to be fiddling while Rome burns. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

fucking bastard ticket office. Not staying open gone 10pm, twats.

Just buy before the match.

It's £24 and we've not played there for almost 15 years.

Us not beating Birmingham is a shit excuse to not go, you know you'd be regretting not getting your ticket on the match day.

Decided before the season starts that this is my last season as a season ticket holder, just bored with football full stop. I find myself finding excuses to go to matches now, which was a sign to me that I had lost the football bug.

As for saturday, more than matched Burnley in the first half however, no threat up front again. I don't blame Lennon, he seems to be trying everything, but when your hands are tied financially, what can you do but bring in players you hope can do a job. For what it is worth, we won't go down, but someone in that team needs to step up and lead, and forget the striker issue, midfield doesn't look like scoring any goals either

This is exactly why the club has to show some direction some ambition, proper loyal fans who are losing the will to live, loads have already jacked it, the number of times I am going has drastically reduced away from home (even though I am a season ticket holder) were not talking johhny come latelys and part timers we are talking about the hardcore fans the fabric and fibre of BWFC, the club needs to act, there is lack of everything that drives a club forward and connects the fans to the club, pride, passion, a modicum of ambition some dialogue with fans from the top not some bod whos employed by the club but has no connection, we need direction a plan from our supposed leaders, the current status quo is not sustainable. When back in the dark days the club were on its arse we all got behind Nat Lofthouse, pledged to help the club as best we could but now the club seems lost, we have no roots, no figure head with a rallying call to get behind, the club is in grave danger of losing everything wonderful that the club was built on and the powers that be seem to be fiddling while Rome burns.

Spot on that mounts.

Some of the most loyal fans I know are clinging on by the skin of their teeth. Every home game is like going to the dentist. None of use actually want to go but feel we have to.

Folk are dropping like flies in disillusion more than anything else.

It's just a really shit situation. I still don't think we will go down and certainly don't blame Neil Lennon. But our support is dwindling,people have simply had enough.

We need a goal scorer but can't afford one.

We have a yuoth who is scoring for fun.

The acknowledged wisdom is not to put kids into a struggling team, but rather blood them in a strong team when the opportunity arises.

We aren't a strong team without a goalscorer.

We have the advantage of having Heskey around to give encouragement and advice, as someone who started young..

I think the problem will only be solved if and when NL takes a risk.

If it's not this week then it needs to be 7th November.