Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

I accept that good honest hard working people are being put seriously out but this is a capitalist county vote for that loon corbyn if needs be but I am willing to accept the difference between owners and directors the communication is poor from directors clearly and its there job Eddie doesn't have a job he has a share certificate and it's currently worth a pound that's his comeuppance

Thing is even understanding the complexities of limited company responsibilities & ignoring the political mud slinging (as if it were some critique of the capitalist system!) We get back to common decency & the man management of people which is sadly lacking whoever is steering the Fucking club.

except this isent Mars this is a local football club you cant compare the 2, sorry i am not having a go but we will have to agree to disagree

A local football club that employs staff from all over the world, plays in nationwide competitions and can, potentially, play in continental competitions too.

You can agree to disagree if you want, but it doesn't stop you being wrong.

How shit does it have to get before we allowed to blame those in charge?

Blame them all you want but also give the same folk some credit where it's due

ED apparently saved the staff from redundancy 13 years back and now it's going the other way and looks like they will be made redundant after all

Giving Amos and pratley whopping new contracts in August is nothing to do with basket case football. It's piss poor management.

And the players only got paid because the PFA stepped in.

Contracts wise fair comment pfa using all revenue sources which may have allowed them to live another week and pay the non-playing staff good management given the financial constraints

So

When should we have started living within our means

From the day Lennon arrived there have been people knocking about 'buying us'

It's obvious now that some of the recent big deals were poor but that's with hindsight

Something that wasn't available in the summer

There was obviously a moment in time when ED said enough is enough.

I'd say its when PG signed off and a proper accountant opened up the can of worms that are the clubs accounts.

Why else would ED sanction deals in August then a few weeks later switch the tap off and watch the club slide into oblivion.

Thing is even understanding the complexities of limited company responsibilities & ignoring the political mud slinging (as if it were some critique of the capitalist system!) We get back to common decency & the man management of people which is sadly lacking whoever is steering the Fucking club.

Yea not fronting up is a poor do at the very least by those employed to run the club

I'd say its when PG signed off and a proper accountant opened up the can of worms that are the clubs accounts.

Why else would ED sanction deals in August then a few weeks later switch the tap off and watch the club slide into oblivion.

That's the hard bit to understand

In the last twelve months we've signed contracts for plenty of players including Pratley, Amos and fucking ALF on loan (I bet he wasn't cheap)

I can only assume that they firmly believed investment was coming in at some point soon (even if it was in the form of a car park sake and nothing to do with a new owner)

Edited by birch-chorley

How shit does it have to get before we allowed to blame those in charge?

Oh we can blame them, for it is their doing. 100%.

It wasn't the ticket office staff or tealady that thought putting cunts like Tyrone Mears on millionaire wages on championship income was a good idea but it's those who are suffering.

Did that happen re the accountants opening the books and finding shit ED wasn't aware of?? That's an entirely different ball game if so

Did that happen re the accountants opening the books and finding shit ED wasn't aware of?? That's an entirely different ball game if so

Not sure if he was aware or not.

What I do know is the accounts were scrutinised by a team of forensic accountants and since then it's been all but bad news. The first thing Birch did was take them for analysis then a few weeks later help set up a fans trust in case of admin.

Something made ED stop completely and it's not lack of money.

That's possible. If ED knew he'd have to put x in each year and then finds out its actually y and not a penny less or the club fold then you can sort of understand him pulling the plug, and doing that was the only way of drawing out the bullshitters from the serious contenders.

So

When should we have started living within our means

From the day Lennon arrived there have been people knocking about 'buying us'

It's obvious now that some of the recent big deals were poor but that's with hindsight

Something that wasn't available in the summer

I know its hindsight, but when ED started putting his hand in his pockets (2003?) I cannot recall hearing we were about to go bump. 

Hindsight tells me we would have been far better off today had he not come along and we had lived within means even if we had gone down. Seems BWFC has over paid for nearly everything over the last 21 years. Stadium, hotel, players and chairman, car park and ticket office!

I know its hindsight, but when ED started putting his hand in his pockets (2003?) I cannot recall hearing we were about to go bump.

Hindsight tells me we would have been far better off today had he not come along and we had lived within means even if we had gone down. Seems BWFC has over paid for nearly everything over the last 21 years. Stadium, hotel, players and chairman, car park and ticket office!

This was a perfectly sensible and balanced debate and then you spoil it by mentioning the ticket office...unbelievable!