Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

eh?

why is it down to ED to pay the staff?

the club pays the staff. if the club cant afford to pay then tough shit.

Are you actually trying to defend ED? Unbelievable!! he's the owner of the business it's his duty, he ratified contracts and employs the staff and more importantly he can afford it.

what a load of bollocks.

do i actually have to explain the workings of a limited company?

I think the consensus is that he could help out if he wanted to.

He probably could. But it's way too far down the line for that to happen.

Eddies said enough is enough. He's not bankrolling the business anymore so why should he pay out of his own money. If the money is not in the pot it's not there. If Eddie bails us out again it will just postpone us being bought or going into admin.

Anyone calling for him to be banned from the ground needs thier head testing.

what a load of bollocks.

do i actually have to explain the workings of a limited company?

Think most of us know what a limited company is, we're talking about a man who has the where withall to put this right, we're talking about a so called wanderers fan and local man who ultimately is responsible for putting the club in this position, he cannot be defended. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Think most of us know what a limited company is, we're talking about a man who has the where withall to put this right, we're talking about a so called wanderers fan and local man who ultimately is responsible for putting the club in this position, he cannot be defended.

To be fair though, you're the one who is convinced he could just push the boat out a little to sign a goalscorer...

Eddies said enough is enough. He's not bankrolling the business anymore so why should he pay out of his own money. If the money is not in the pot it's not there. If Eddie bails us out again it will just postpone us being bought or going into admin.

Anyone calling for him to be banned from the ground needs thier head testing.

Sorry cannot agree he should as guardian of the club reduce oversee and if necessary sell assets until the clubs finances are in balance and the club becomes self sufficient.

To be fair though, you're the one who is convinced he could just push the boat out a little to sign a goalscorer...

That opinion was partly based on my view failure to sign a striker would lead to us struggling in the league leading to lower crowds and less cash coming into the club ultimately his choice to not speculate has got us where we now are, said it before but sometimes you have to invest a little to protect your assets. He failed to do that and he's now reaping what he's sowed.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

A football club is not like any other limited business, i dont care what anyone on this site says, Eddie has been coming to the last few matches was he waited on in the boardroom? Did he order a meal a drink? Well maybe the people who served him wont get paid will he still order a meal and a drink this week? It stinks, maybe a simplistic point of view on my part and ok i am not any kind of business man but tough its what i feel

• Site Supporter

Not sure how much cash would be needed until high earners were gone, but I wonder how much available cash Ed actually has. His companies aren't funding the club anymore and 3 million is actually owed to him as part the debt (iirc).

If this is his own money then it may be he just doesn't have the readies available personally.

Dunno either way but could it be possible?

Hi all, I've migrated in from the footymad forum because it was so quiet, hope you don't mind me diving in here!!

Eddie Davies this is your club, it's yours! so pay your fucking staff you absolute shit house!

Welcome Lee, I'm also a previous poster on Mad. Just be sarcastic and moan a lot on here and you'll fit right in! Edited by Blondi

Eddie Davies this is your club, it's yours! so pay your fucking staff you absolute shit house! 

Well said newby i'm with you on this 1 

But with outragous views like that all the ITK's on here will be hunting you down and getting you banned if you carry on

Edited by mannyroad58