Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Birmingham City 1

globaldiver

Lets not do the whole freedman thing by the way. Freedman had money and plenty of it to sort his shit out.

I'm not making excuses for Lennon,I'm as baffled as the rest of you but his situation his completely different to freedmans one year in.

Right here right now the clubs needs saving from relegation. The powers that be need to stop this happening.

Cash in?

How much do you reckon bottom of the table championship reserves go for nowadays?

We were saying last night Vela is 22 ish now and played about 50 games, DF never picked him, Lennon has decided he is not good enough, can see him in Wigan blue before end of season, yet he seems OK when he plays.

Silva injury means things need to change, might be a blessing.

The common denominator in our recent demise has been the ticket office and a lack of Nandos

They are putting a Nandos in the Market Hall; perhaps that will lift the spell?

Not sure why he took the job in the first place. He could have waited a got a prem job.

This is my only hope. The fact that he knows investment is coming.

Why on earth did he take the job otherwise? It's an impossible job. Or he's certainly making it feel that way.

I have a slant on this I reckon this takeover is on because no way would ED put up with this if he needed a buyer being bottom of the league wouldn't help his cause, I reckon Lenon would have been sacked by now but why would ED do that if he had a buyer because a new manager might not be the new owners choice so he's leaving Lennon in charge and leaving the decision to the new owners!

I'm not having it that sacking Lennon yet is what we should do, we've played Brighton, Burnley, Birmingham and Qpr last 4 games and although disappointingly come away with 1 point but could quite easily have had 4-5 points I'd say that's a difficult run of games, yesterday the team selection was poor as were the substitutions. This league is one where 4-5 wins catapult you up the league, we have to go back to basics we have to dig out games, scrap and scrape points and it won't be pretty. I look at Birmingham and their no great shakes just have the right mentality and I feel thats got to be our template from now on.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

we've played Brighton, Burnley, Birmingham and Qpr last 4 games and although disappointingly come away with 1 point but could quite easily have had 4-5 points

Really? We got what we deserved last night and at the weekend. Brighton we could've easily lost and QPR we should've got a point.

1 point is all we deserved at best IMO.

We wont have 5 wins by xmas

Not saying we will, but I'm trying to say is that most of teams in this league are closely matched and with the right set up a bit of confidence and a game plan you can easily go on a run, a finisher would be nice and helps but not giving up on NL and I'm sure he can guide us to safety.

Derik Dervite Feeney Silva Madine and Heskey out

Pissano prince vela spearing walker and clayton in.

Stick with the back four and stop changing it around. Play mark Davies in the number 10 roll behind clayton who's got great movement off the ball. Vela and Spearing in centre midfield, walker right and Pratley left.

It's got worse since Mjalby left I just think he doesn't have a clue how to sort it!

Funnily enough I said this with about twenty minutes left; Lennon was about a yard on the pitch screaming at the top of his voice, and I realised I hadn't seen Gary Parker or Steve Walford the whole match up till then. It was noticeable before Mjalby went that Lennon would be up, then Mjalby, then Parker and so on.

Last night was the first time I thought maybe Lennon is out of his depth and having Mjalby alongside masked a lot of short comings. We've certainly got worse defensively since he went.

And attacking we are so slow, predictable and pedestrian, every other team seems to be able to move the ball quickly, whereas we break, stop, check, cut in, look back, step over, play it backwards and then launch it aimlessly into the box where it hits the first defender or drifts out of play.

Edited by Spoooonsnake

Early signs that the job is too much for Lennon and the descent into managerial madness that comes with the territory has begun.Davies will be desperate not to sack him but if it carries on like this the atmosphere will turn poisonous and he will have no option but to replace him.

Edited by jturner

Brum are shite they just play a tight no risk formation, shut up shop after the goal, mind you when your piss poor all you can do is be organized, physichal and cynical that's exactly the template we need to copy.

At one point in the first half they attacked 5 on 3, it broke down and then we attacked with the numbers. Crazy league this.

I haven't got a clue what we can do differently anymore. I don't think Lennon knows his best team.

Last night at one point, Birmingham broke and had 3 players completely unmarked running up the wing. When was the last time we seemed to break with real intent and purpose?

Like someone else has mentioned, he's brought in some solid(ish) defenders and they seem to be nowhere near the team or in the Dougie Freedman bingo machine positions. 

On Saturday, I'd have Vela or Spearing starting, possibly even both. The fact that Velas constantly on the bench but not getting in the U21s for game time seems peculiar to me.

I'd be tempted to go:

Amos,

Casado, Derik, Prince, Pisano (if fit)

Vela, Pratley, Danns

Clayton, Mavies 

Madine

Similar sort of set up to how we started against Derby with a more physical mid. We've nothing better up front than Madine and I think Davies and Clayton could play off him fairly well. Then you can leave them 3 in the middle to just do the ugly stuff and release it.

Fuck it, I don't even know anymore.