Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Birmingham City 1

globaldiver

I think you have to look at Neil Lennon for the crap on the pitch.

Compare ourselves to Birmingham a year ago. Both crap teams without a pot to piss in. 12 months on we are still crap without a pot to piss in and Birmingham look quite good without a pot to piss in. It can't all be blamed on not having money.

The difference is they hired a manager that can make a decent signing for nowt and play decent football and we hired a manager that signs utter shite for nowt and gets his team playing like group of baboons at Knowsley Safari Park.

Correct Cassie, even if we did go into Administration, and all the debt was wiped - we wouldn't be any better off, we would still have exactly the same income, so wouldn't be in a position to sign anybody anyway......we would probably just be minus any of the assets that we have that might be worth something (Ground, Hotel and Training facilities)

People have said for a while our debt is a "paper debt" and doesn't really exist, and if it does, then it's just to ED - he's hardly likely to put himself into administration, unless there is a decent benefit to him - I would imagine he would start selling off all the assets before putting himself into administration, that would be a last resort.

Somebody fairly recently said we had up to £500M worth of assets.....

That figure includes an assumption of the income from fracking. We need to get fracking going in Horwich PDQ

Edited by boltondiver

That figure includes an assumption of the income from fracking. We need to get fracking going in Horwich PDQ

I understand that Gartside Fracking Ltd have just secured the rights, so hopefully they'll get a wriggle on. Part of the car-park will be closed off from next week whilst they dig a couple of test holes

you cant just go into administration cos you're losing every week

so long as we can afford to pay our bills, we need to get on with it

at least thats my understanding of it

unless we cant pay the bank, i don't think administration is an option

if we do go into administration, somebody will try to sell the club

no fcuker wants it

then they'll try to sell assets

good luck with that

for some reason admin is seen as the cure for all ills

it isn't

For every Southampton that went into administration there's a Stockport County

Think on those rushing us into that

Correct Cassie, even if we did go into Administration, and all the debt was wiped - we wouldn't be any better off, we would still have exactly the same income, so wouldn't be in a position to sign anybody anyway......we would probably just be minus any of the assets that we have that might be worth something (Ground, Hotel and Training facilities)

People have said for a while our debt is a "paper debt" and doesn't really exist, and if it does, then it's just to ED - he's hardly likely to put himself into administration, unless there is a decent benefit to him - I would imagine he would start selling off all the assets before putting himself into administration, that would be a last resort.

Somebody fairly recently said we had up to £500M worth of assets.....

If our debts are more than our assets and we go into admin and start from scratch surely that makes us a better investment proposition ?

If our assets are more than our debts we are a decent investment

So depends which way you look at it

you cant just go into administration cos you're losing every week

so long as we can afford to pay our bills, we need to get on with it

at least thats my understanding of it

unless we cant pay the bank, i don't think administration is an option

if we do go into administration, somebody will try to sell the club

no fcuker wants it

then they'll try to sell assets

good luck with that

for some reason admin is seen as the cure for all ills

it isn't

Most of the folk on here know this, I'm not saying that's what we should do or that it's even likely but even if it came to admin at least this would be some sort of closure on the ED and PG circus, meaning we could look forward with a clean slate, this current situation is gradually killing the club.

If our debts are more than our assets and we go into admin and start from scratch surely that makes us a better investment proposition ?

If our assets are more than our debts we are a decent investment

So depends which way you look at it

Does BWFC actually own any assets? If everything is Moonshift or the Davies family vaults then there isn't a lot to put into admin!

• Site Supporter

I think you have to look at Neil Lennon for the crap on the pitch.

Compare ourselves to Birmingham a year ago. Both crap teams without a pot to piss in. 12 months on we are still crap without a pot to piss in and Birmingham look quite good without a pot to piss in. It can't all be blamed on not having money.

The difference is they hired a manager that can make a decent signing for nowt and play decent football and we hired a manager that signs utter shite for nowt and gets his team playing like group of baboons at Knowsley Safari Park.

Got agree re the baboons. Though, the baboons actually won a behind closed doors friendly at Euxton 3-2 last week. Madine missed another penalty

• Site Supporter

If we arent taken over before the end of the season then we are in the proper shit.

We have continued to sign players on large contracts that we cant really afford

Shirley the fact that we have "continued" to sign players on large contracts points to us being sold soon.

please

• Site Supporter

Or maybe another case of mis-management. We have seen enough of that already.

Could bwfc run a raffle?

Might as well fuck it and go for a couple of decent forwards then.

Better to be hung for a Hooper as a Madine as they say

Forget the money issue the table doesn't lie ourselves brum Brighton and Reading all got new managers at the same time we have picked the worst that's simple check his record! I will stand by what someone involved with the development side of the club told me

Vela will only start if we are desperate due to a clause in his contract that his wages will be doubled on his next start.