Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Birmingham City 1

globaldiver

Gartside not at the game again

He was there, my mrs and her mate were in the Platinum Suite and spotted him at half time.

Thought we probably had 5-10 minutes of decent football in us tonight where even a shred of confidence would have brought a goal. Probably about 10 minutes of utter shite and then the rest just sheer depressing averageness. Bumped in to Tomski at the end of the game...that's when I know when we're in the shit when the king of boobs is struggling for a positive.

Thought Casado was decent...

That's as much positivity I can muster from that shite.

You cannot tell me that with a back 4 of Casado, Derik, Prince and Pisano that we cannot give the ball short and play some fucking football. It's not like any of them are even bad defensively! It's a nightmare watching aimless balls up to two (FUCKING TWO) target men, who is meant to be feeding from who's knockdowns? Absolute, tactically inept, nonsense that game.

Casado puts a decent ball in, Davies is a great play maker at this level and Derik kept gray fairly quiet. Amos is a good keeper. They were the positives on another very disjointed and disappointing performance from Bolton. Midfield balance was all wrong and we are crying out for a poacher.

Prince, spearing and dobbie in on Saturday. Give welly, dervite and heskey a rest!

• Moderators

The best manager in the world would struggle with our team

The best manager in the world would struggle with our finances

Football is all about having the right players at the right time.

Coyle and Freeman did that at their previous clubs...they could do ball all with our team

Take davies and maybe the keeper out of the starting x1 and do we have a player we could sell on?

Poor team (as I have been saying for a while) and our only hope is a takeover because next year will get alot worse.

While we've obviously been shit for the majority of the last three years, the way we seem to start the season is proving to be absolutely harrowing:-

2013/14: 1 win in our first 13 league games

2014/15: 1 win in our first 11 league games

2015/16: 1 win in our first 12 league games (so far...)

3 wins in 36. Incredible.

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

• Moderators

anyway, id be pissed off if it wasnt so fcuking predictable

fwiw, the job was difficult when freedman had it and its difficult now

madine and some pace near him is the best we can do at the moment, so madine and clayton or even madine and that shitehouse from arsenal and id have said fair enough

but madine and heskey?

it was so fcuking obviously wrong

we;ve tied up too much of the small budget we;ve got on 8 defenders

i remember his dig at freedmans love for midfielders...

well, look in the mirror neil

it aint time to sack him, it does no good

but that was awful

and for all the stick feeney gets, hes our only ball...everything goes right

thats not feeneys doing

Look at my post on the Burnley game there is no way you can play heskey amd madine together.

Then with 2 wide players you our most creative player in mavies doing shuttle runs to cover their 3 midfielders

We put no pressure on the ball and are very easy to play against.

We have no money, Lennon has bought in 2 centre halves but has one playing at right back and the other on the bench.

We are a shambles.

• Members

Just got home due to M56 being fecking closed .....The lack of spirit / fight in our players tonight was sickening .....Team selection and tactics were all wrong 

Tried to find any positives but can't it was just proper shite .

• Moderators

We've been shite since Jan, 2 things of note happened then, CYL left and NL first, iirc, started dicking about with 3-5-2 after a good settled squad and run of results, guess Clayton injury also happened but point is he had to start changing things about

His inexperience looks to be catching up with him as he won't deem to stick with the same line up till he gets a run of results, something that came easy in the spl

It's also depressing to note 2 of the top 3 managers were in the frame when NL got the job, would Hughton and Clarke have found themselves in this position

Wasn't there tonight so was there any sign of apathy on the pitch like there is off it?

Hard to blame PG for owt else other than picking NL and not being able to help sell the club, though he might be reason for that reason, always remember that dave whelan soundbite bout how something isn't right bout the mess we've found ourselves in

All in all we're a shambles in every aspect at the moment, selling the club won't make NL pick the right formation or make the players try harder, which probably won't bring the fans interest back

All we can hope for is something clicks and we go on a good run

Whilst we only have a few on top dollar left, suspect most of this squad would be deadwood in league one, which is worse case scenario

And if all that's not depressing enough, Paul fucking Robinson scores

• Site Supporter

anyway, id be pissed off if it wasnt so fcuking predictable

fwiw, the job was difficult when freedman had it and its difficult now

madine and some pace near him is the best we can do at the moment, so madine and clayton or even madine and that shitehouse from arsenal and id have said fair enough

but madine and heskey?

it was so fcuking obviously wrong

we;ve tied up too much of the small budget we;ve got on 8 defenders

i remember his dig at freedmans love for midfielders...

well, look in the mirror neil

it aint time to sack him, it does no good

but that was awful

and for all the stick feeney gets, hes our only ball...everything goes right

thats not feeneys doing

Saves me typing similar. I felt like going home and having an early night when I saw them 2 statues up top

BOBBINS .

Completely disjointed team.

I am afraid Mr Heskey should not start a match. He is OK coming on with 15 mins to go.

Madine has no confidence what so ever.

For all his rawness Prince should be in the centre of the defence.

Mark Davies is a shining light but because of the disjointed understaffed midfield is playing to far back.

Lose one of the wingers and put an extra body in midfield.

Too late now but Mr Warnock should have been brought in to assist.

Not attending Saturday due to wedding . ( NOT Embankments )

Will be fully motivated for Preston.

Pre-match drinks in

Bolton

Darwen

Clitheroe

Blackburn

Poulton

Lytham

And wait for it surprise surprise

PRESTON.

See you all then.

Cash in on Vela as Lennon obviously doesn't rate him , if he can't play in front of this sack of shit then let the poor cunt go . We signed numerous full backs when we could have used Vela and Kellett . If Davies thinks selling a championship club is hard , a 3rd tier time will be nigh on impossible.

Had enough Lennons clueless sorry but he has to go a half decent manager would be able to get more from this bunch, his tactics are a joke 1 win in12 relagation.to start with them 2 useless lumps upfront I knew we would lose . if Lennon keeps his job and we are still at the bottom of the table at Xmas it just shows Gartside and ED don't give a shit so why should we!

Cash in on Vela as Lennon obviously doesn't rate him , if he can't play in front of this sack of shit then let the poor cunt go . We signed numerous full backs when we could have used Vela and Kellett . If Davies thinks selling a championship club is hard , a 3rd tier time will be nigh on impossible.

Cash in?

How much do you reckon bottom of the table championship reserves go for nowadays?