Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Leeds 1

Biggish Dave

Ameobi looked OK, much better than Heskey.

It's worrying that when Leeds come out on top at the start of the second half we didn't have the nouse to keep hold of the ball slow down the game and kill Leeds momentum. Lack of game management like QPR

The lack of game management and lack of a goal scorer are my main 2 worries for our survival, we need an old head who's been there and done it to talk the team through difficult times in games, that type of experience wins you games, we lack that big time.

I'm as positive as they come but that second half was completely depressing.

Bad vibes all round. Chips are down your chips down.

I wasn't there but losing Davies at half time was a blow, I'd have preferred Clayton on as a replacement, I'm not a fan of Dobbie, the sending off was the end of our chance of winning, I'm very happy we actually showed character and toughed out a draw, that's a positive. Edited by Mounts Kipper

The lack of game management and lack of a goal scorer are my main 2 worries for our survival, we need an old head who's been there and done it to talk the team through difficult times in games, that type of experience wins you games, we lack that big time.

We don't seem to have a leader on the pitch, like we had with Kevin Nolan, Cahill, Davies who would be giving out orders on the pitch. Nor do we have a player that can take the game by the cruff of the neck when things get tough

Edited by whites4eva

• Moderators

i like cassado

like him a lot

good, brave, strong lad and excellent on the ball

but

and its a big but, he doesn't seem to stop crosses coming in

davies had an achilles strain

spearing should be back next week

seen the penalty and it looks fair enough but red card, very harsh

Much improved performance today after Tuesday. I thought we were playing quite well and we were reasonably comfortable until we went down to 10 men. I thought Prince was playing pretty well. Casado & Ameobi were our two best players imo. I thought Dobbie was a bit wasteful with a couple of his passes and Derik was very poor.

A point in the end wasn't a disaster.

Much improved performance today after Tuesday. I thought we were playing quite well and we were reasonably comfortable until we went down to 10 men. I thought Prince was playing pretty well. Casado & Ameobi were our two best players imo. I thought Dobbie was a bit wasteful with a couple of his passes and Derik was very poor.

A point in the end wasn't a disaster.

MoM to Amos, though, for a couple of really top saves

Edited by boltondiver

• Moderators

I thought we were playing quite well

granted we could/should have scored through at least one of pratley and dobbie just before the penalty,  t i felt we got battered second half

but the team is struggling and we need to scab some points to get us moving

then we might start to play some better stuff

Was disappointed with Pratley second half especially as captain. From where I was sitting saw Lennon give him a right bollocking for something near beginning of second half, he didn't react well gave Lennon a gesture back and seemed to put his head down and sulk rest of the game.

Also Lennon's overall body language wasn't good. Very rarely on his feet like he usually is, looks like pressure may be getting to him was nowhere near as animated as usually is.

i like cassado

like him a lot

good, brave, strong lad and excellent on the ball

but

and its a big but, he doesn't seem to stop crosses coming in

davies had an achilles strain

spearing should be back next week

seen the penalty and it looks fair enough but red card, very harsh

I reckon he's the best passer we have

And he blocked quite a few crosses today by standing strong

I'd rather that than that dick Danns who jumps in all the time

Other positives: Shola, Vela and Amos who was great. Feeney as usual ran his balls off.

That's it positive

Down side:

The whole experience is fucking wank; you get treated like shit, and the atmosphere is terrible

I'm becoming less convinced with Mr Lennon

Danns is an absolute liability

Prat key's first touch was proper rapey

Wheater seems to get slower but the week

We look like a side going down