Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

My 20 month old would rather smear the walls and dog with what's put in front of him than eat it.

I'm hardly going to slow cook him a shoulder of lamb with rosemary potatoes glazed in duck fat.

If we are having something he'd rather throw on the floor then I'm sorry it's Heinz Spaghetti and Sausage all the way.

Nowt to do with money, ease or whatever bullshit sentiment folk can throw at it.

Do you not just plonk your kids down in front of Peppa Pig on a constant loop, whilst making them eat Happy Meals every single night?

Do you not just plonk your kids down in front of Peppa Pig on a constant loop, whilst making them eat Happy Meals every single night?

Mine spent yesterday afternoon sat in front of Paw Patrol whilst stuffing his face with snacks. Whilst I sorted paperwork and stuff out.

Ok it was a couple of babybel's, dried fruit and nuts as that's what he likes.

Only at weekend that mate.

In the week they eat food straight out of a can like a stray cat.

Sadly my wife's niece and alcoholic hubby actually did this with their young un over the last few years. We intervened and things are better but not great, but they now know we and other members of the family are aware and watching.

Anyhow its seems I've touched a nerve, which is good as it needs debating. The fact is no matter how much it winds you up the facts do not lie. Our kids are eating too much crap, full of sugar and fat and devoid of vits and mins. At least Oliver was trying, trouble is he a child of SE England and his attempt went well wide of the real target audience. What is needed is a new Delia or Hairy bikers to have a go and ensure they buy all their stuff at Aldi, Lidl and local markets. Folk need to re learn  how to boil an egg or steam veg.

Exercise them all you want at the end of the day if they dont keep it up and continue to eat the processed foods and cafe type grub  the issues will get them in in later years. I cannot over emphasise how important nutrition is from 0 -21 years. Sets you up for life.

Lasagne, chilli, chips, burgers, chicken, jacket spuds, fried fish, sausage, beans, pies and pasties - the truly evil foods guaranteed to land you in an early grave...

Incidentally, in the days of pubs only serving from noon, did any other pisspots frequent La Rochelle for a mid morning pint and snifter and bite to eat? I often thought the next stop on my journey would be swilling cans on the Parish church, but thankfully they relaxed the licensing laws.

Folk need to re learn  how to boil an egg or steam veg.

Fucking this every time!! Make all the fucking excuses in the world but too many cunts whine about not having enough time to make their own food but can't won't learn how to do the basics

Instead of going to the chippy try baking a potato and putting a filling in it. Oh no.......too fucking difficult....it means burning calories going to find somewhere that sells potatoes and then having to think what to have with it. It's far easier in their busy lives, racing back to their scumholes to watch Corrie on their 165" HD Curve TV's with their chips and gravy on their knees

It's not fucking difficult to cook. It's not expensive. It doesn't take a lot of time. And it can easily be healthy

And it compensates for the fags and whisky later on in the evening  :blush:  :blush:

They didn't 'hide her in a wardrobe' - was a divan bed. #freekaren.

I had a tin of Smartprice meatballs once, worringly smooth in consistency, a bit like pate, they looked liked those 'meaty chunk' dogfoods, although they're mainly mechanically recovered chicken - so they tasted bland and inoffensive. The Smartprice chilli tastes exactly like donner kebab 'meat'...I did these taste tests because I was toying with the idea of stashing a load of food, in case of global financial meltdown, a couple of years ago. Tasting those two were the main reason I put the idea to bed.

I had a tin of Smartprice meatballs once, worringly smooth in consistency, a bit like pate, they looked liked those 'meaty chunk' dogfoods, 

As an aside, we've just started buying "brawn" from the butchers  -  I'm not sure I would want to eat it, it looks like lumpy/chunky pate in jelly  -  anyway, it works out cheaper than tins of dogfood, and the dog fucking loves the stuff.

Anyhoo.....does anybody actually buy "brawn" from the butchers for their own consumption?

Edited by Sweep

I've ate trotters, in a Columbian household, a bit ironic given the history of our town, after the initial squeamishness the meat wasn't bad, but a lot of arsing about and dissecting for little reward/yield, a bit like ribs or very bony fish. Brawn, my mam and dad used to buy it from Fraser's - so it probably had a doctorate, but I wasn't keen, I'd give it another go now though, in adulthood.

Edited by Youri McAnespie