Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Liam Feeney

EyesRight

Has a Bolton player ever divided opinion as much ever?

It's like you either rate him or hate him.

I personally think he's been the player of the season and one of the few highlights.

Everything we do going forwards goes through him, he carries the ball well, chases back when required, often has two men on him, and has a poor performing Vela behind him offering no support.

He is very one dimensional, we don't have a forward to aim for in the box for him and his end product isn't fantastic...but if it was he wouldn't be playing for us.

Part of me thinks he'd be better off knocking it sideways and backwards like the others and hiding from the abuse.

The singling him out consistently is nothing short of moronic IMO, we have far bigger problems than a lad playing every minute in any position and putting in 100%.

I don't know what people see when they say he's shit and lazy, can anyone enlighten me?

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14311021.Lennon__I_dream_of_Feeney/

• Moderators

more to the point, what are you supposed to read into this comment?

"He trains every day he’s asked ... if I had a few more of him we’d be alright.”

are there players who don't bother or something?

There's about 10 other players in the first 11 I'd want rid of before Feeney.

Football is about scoring goals and he is involved with the vast majority of our goals either setting them up or scoring them.

His stats are amongst the best in the divisor never mind our over dependence on his contributions.

Even if he wasn't involved in vocals his workrate puts all of his team mates to shame.

I can't see what else the lad can do to be seen as not a poor footballer?

To be a better footballer he should be advising Lennon or the team on what he wants to happen when he gets it on the wing. He very rarely gives the striker or midfielders an ear full for not getting on the end of a cross.

Madine / Heskey / Clough don't know where feeney is going to put it and feeney doesn't know where Madine / Heskey / Clough are going to be.

So to be a better player he should be doing everyone else's job for them too.

Grey would've had a bucket full of goals on Saturday playing alongside Feeney.

Is it Feeney fault that heskey is huffing his way up the pitch whilst clough and Davies are busy getting in each others way outside the centre circle leaving no cunt in the box to get the cross.

Hard working wide players are always ridiculed where I sit in the north lower. Matt Taylor, Eagles, Feeney. I've been infuriated by the alarming amount of abuse dished out to all three; especially as they've all been our best chance of scoring for the most part.

Feeney struggles to switch on when picking his man up, but for the most part you can't knock him at all. Making the absolute most of limited ability and I applaud him for that.

So to be a better player he should be doing everyone else's job for them too.

Grey would've had a bucket full of goals on Saturday playing alongside Feeney.

Is it Feeney fault that heskey is huffing his way up the pitch whilst clough and Davies are busy getting in each others way outside the centre circle leaving no cunt in the box to get the cross.

he should take some responsibility for that. After the 4th time of it happening he should either tell Lennon to change things or do something different.

These things should be sorted before a match. Not suddenly discovered 20 minutes in.

he should take some responsibility for that. After the 4th time of it happening he should either tell Lennon to change things or do something different.

These things should be sorted before a match. Not suddenly discovered 20 minutes in.

So it's now his job to tell Lennon how to do his job as well as all his team mates?

I actually like Feeney, Feeney is a bit like marmite, I don't like marmite but I like Feeney. The Macron wouldn't be the same without his step overs. I would like us to keep Feeney for league 1, that was until I saw the Sun article on his wages.

In your job if you was continually asked to do something which wasn't working would you question it?

I'm sure I would but if in my job my boss and colleagues made the same mistakes every single day then I wouldn't expect them to be in a job much longer.

But football is a massively different beast to the real world.

If I had a client interested in my work and then tried to get them to purchase products from other parts of the company as well. Then the other products were crap, despite being provided by supposedly better craftsmen, or not there due to management fuck ups then folk outside the company were saying it's my fault I'd be pretty fucked off.