Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Liam Feeney

EyesRight

Hard working wide players are always ridiculed where I sit in the north lower. Matt Taylor, Eagles, Feeney. I've been infuriated by the alarming amount of abuse dished out to all three; especially as they've all been our best chance of scoring for the most part.

Feeney struggles to switch on when picking his man up, but for the most part you can't knock him at all. Making the absolute most of limited ability and I applaud him for that.

This is spot on. I like Feeney, he's not the greatest but works his arse off every game and has contributed far more this season than pretty much anyone else. Great attitude and a solid pro. We could do with more like him

• Members

Re Mavies, fucking typical that for the first time in his time with us he's injury free, yet he's less effective than he's ever been.

So frustrating, as he showed in a moment of brilliance in the second half on Saturday when he glided past their midfield to set up an attack. He's got so much ability yet, as Gonch says, he disappears far too often during games.

• Site Supporter

Re Mavies, fucking typical that for the first time in his time with us he's injury free, yet he's less effective than he's ever been.

So frustrating, as he showed in a moment of brilliance in the second half on Saturday when he glided past their midfield to set up an attack. He's got so much ability yet, as Gonch says, he disappears far too often during games.

Given those injuries and the fact we've stood by him, you'd think he'd be pulling his finger out and trying to lead by example. Not shrinking away.

I neither rate him nor hate him. Is that OK?

He's a hardworking but limited footballer doing the best he can.

Unfortunately he's not really as good as we need, but one of the best of a bad bunch.

That's where I'm at

The worst part of Feeney is not his fault....

He receives so much if the ball from us, we then watch him run up dead ends and then by the time he crosses it we are static and it's easy to defend against

If we used him more sparingly (and if he released it quicker) he'd be more dangerous an asset as it would be less predictable

I'd blame Lennon to be honest

• Moderators

That's where I'm at

The worst part of Feeney is not his fault....

He receives so much if the ball from us, we then watch him run up dead ends and then by the time he crosses it we are static and it's easy to defend against

If we used him more sparingly (and if he released it quicker) he'd be more dangerous an asset as it would be less predictable

I'd blame Lennon to be honest

Aye but in lennon's flaky defence of he works hard and puts in the effort inevitably he's going to want play to go through him

Then again if he could manage the rest to the best of their ability we'd have more options

But if they put the effort in in the first place

And so on

Aye but in lennon's flaky defence of he works hard and puts in the effort inevitably he's going to want play to go through him

Then again if he could manage the rest to the best of their ability we'd have more options

But if they put the effort in in the first place

And so on

Not the amount we attempt to though

I genuinely think he'd be a greater threat if we used him less

Not the amount we attempt to though

I genuinely think he'd be a greater threat if we used him less

Agreed with that.

If he has an off day or the opposition stick a couple of men on him our game is up from the off. As we've seen before.

Hudds at home being a prime example. He was tearing them a new bum hole for 15 mins till they shoved two on him and stopped him getting the ball.