Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

Fuck knows mate.

Just find it strange he's been firm favourite for ages now.

Odds are only set on who folk are betting on. And in this market someone will know something.

Remember freedman going from 33/1 to evens in about 3 minutes, even though his name had never even been touted at all.

Rosler was seen at the Macron. But he might have just been watching a game.

• Site Supporter

Rosler was seen at the Macron. But he might have just been watching a game.

Fuck me

Even season ticket holders no longer bother turning up just to watch a game.

Lump on

Who's your favoured choice?

Brown or Cotterill for me. We need current experience in this division and I think we've had our fill of experiments. We need someone that's been around the block and can get us in to some way being a proper football club again.

Rosler worries me but I'm not really sure why.

As for Peter Reid? Last time I took any notice of his management expertise Sunderland were beating United at Roker Park.

As I said before if it was him surely he'd have been named already to get the show on the road, but then again what's he doing here in the first place :(

Edited by gonzo

Brown or Cotterill for me. We need current experience in this division and I think we've had our fill of experiments. We need someone that's been around the block and can get us in to some way being a proper football club again.

Rosler worries me but I'm not really sure why.

As for Peter Reid? Last time I took any notice of his management expertise Sunderland were beating United at Roker Park.

As I said before if it was him surely he'd have been named already to get the show on the road, but then again what's he doing here in the first place :(

Aye fuck it cotterill can't see it happening though didn't he fall foul of the forest bean counter

I just don't think Steve Cotterill is a "big enough" character to be successful at Bolton.I think he'd be another one overwhelemed by it.At clubs of similar size he resigned at Stoke after 13 months and was sacked at Forest in less than a year.
Peter Reid on the other hand.His playing career speaks for itself.He was Bolton's best midfield player of the 1970s and as a manager anybody who could last nearly 8 years managing a club the size of Sunderland will have the strength of character and personal skills  needed to manage Bolton.

A fella I know mentioned the Accrington Stanley boss had a knock 

not sure if he's a season ticket holder but he has a Tesco Club Card 

I had to look up who their manager is, and I'm still none the wiser  -  John Coleman apparently

Big money on Holdsworth taking the reigns.

Seriously.

You know what, I'm not really bothered who it is now, just as long as somebody does it and can start planning/building for next season

Edited by Sweep

"Sometimes you have to be an accountant as [well as] a football manager. It does come down to money. When you come to a club with financial constraints in the division, it was always a challenge to make sure we were a League club. I want to carry on that. The only way forward for a club like ours is loans. We don't have the finances for 52-week contracts but we also have to be realistic to know what sort of players we are going to bring in. We need to bring in players who need to have a point to prove and need to perform." - Dean Holdsworth, November 2012.

"Sometimes you have to be an accountant as [well as] a football manager. It does come down to money. When you come to a club with financial constraints in the division, it was always a challenge to make sure we were a League club. I want to carry on that. The only way forward for a club like ours is loans. We don't have the finances for 52-week contracts but we also have to be realistic to know what sort of players we are going to bring in. We need to bring in players who need to have a point to prove and need to perform." - Dean Holdsworth, November 2012.

Did he really say that? Blimey

• Site Supporter

Passed a certain Ian Dowie jogging along Chorley New Rd (bottom of Victoria Rd) this morning, he had to do that jogging on the spot thing as traffic (inc. me) went passed, he was heading towards Horwich, so may be worth a punt?

Watch the betting...

Passed a certain Ian Dowie jogging along Chorley New Rd (bottom of Victoria Rd) this morning, he had to do that jogging on the spot thing as traffic (inc. me) went passed, he was heading towards Horwich, so may be worth a punt?

Watch the betting...

Well if we are without Heskey we need a targetman.

Or he could give a valuation on the ground.