Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

4 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Canny Ken saw a financially naive Holdsworth floundering and thought here’s an opportunity too good to miss, he’s proved in the past he’s a “ Dell Boy”, he’s robbed Peter to pay Paul from day 1,why some fans are still trying to defend his actions is a mystery to me, he’s brought the club into disrespect 

With no Uncle Eddie to get him out of the shit this time it was inevitable it would come to this, the club still has valuable assets that need to be protected.

At the risk of repeating the question often asked, what's the solution?

2 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Well maybe if the first spiv had brought the agreed £5 million to the table from his own source (rather than screwing the club for it), then the second spiv might have then put his £2,5 million as agreed - and we wouldn't be in such a mess as we have done since the first day of the takeover - and the club would have had the £7.5 million towards keep us out of the mess we are currently in and have had no involvement with BluMarble whatsoever.

But uncle Eddie bailed us out of spiv #1's BM deal. Spiv #2 now has twice the ownership he expected without (yet) paying spiv #1's contribution or his own.

most interesting and largely unmentioned bit of the BM saga - Ed loaned the brass to Ken, not the club. Means if / when Ed (now Ed's estate) want repayment, they chase Ken personally not the club. If Eddie was genuinely still bailing us out as some claim, he'd have put it in directly.

Probably easier to agree everyone's a wanker then we're all happy.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, wakey said:

But uncle Eddie bailed us out of spiv #1's BM deal. Spiv #2 now has twice the ownership he expected without (yet) paying spiv #1's contribution or his own.

most interesting and largely unmentioned bit of the BM saga - Ed loaned the brass to Ken, not the club. Means if / when Ed (now Ed's estate) want repayment, they chase Ken personally not the club. If Eddie was genuinely still bailing us out as some claim, he'd have put it in directly.

Ed loaned to KA

KA loaned to club

So club owe KA 5 million or whatever

1 minute ago, rochdale white said:

I’m intrigued by Iles silence on this. I’m not a basher of his, but it’s unusual he’s not all over this story even on social media. 

LoV seem to be indicating some news due at 9am tomorrow.

Iles reckons he'll have the full story tomorrow afternoon

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

At least it’s a vehicle of sorts for possible backers to get behind. Granted it’s not the best option but as many included myself have said it’s a last chance saloon only. 

But the last chance still needs cash so we need them to be doing ground work now if it is to work

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, rochdale white said:

I’m intrigued by Iles silence on this. I’m not a basher of his, but it’s unusual he’s not all over this story even on social media. 

LoV seem to be indicating some news due at 9am tomorrow.

He could tell us now

Over to you mate

5 minutes ago, wakey said:

Davies loan to KA was set against his ownership of the club.

KA loaned it to the club and thus is a creditor.

The club has not paid him back because it is still shown as a charge at Company House records.

If the club goes into Admin and doesn't have the resources to pay all football creditors he (and other football creditors)  will have to take a percentage in the pound.

He may not be able to / or now want to, pay back the loan and default and thus hand the shares back to Davies estate - walking away with £5 million or less depending on the ultimate settlement of 'his' loan.

Seems the most likely outcome to me unless Davies estate/James and Warburton, or some other investor/buyer appears at the last minute - because even if KA jumps this hurdle - and he might yet do - his biggest problem is surviving over the summer months with no income coming in and wages and bonuses to pay.

Not looking too rosy I must admit.

3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Not looking too rosy I must admit.

you need another pair of them rose-tinted glasses Sluffy.

It is grim - worst thing is none us have a sniff of a solution to this other than some billionaire knight on a white charger riding in.

Come to think of it, I've a very vague and mostly meaningless anecdote about the club's finances I might share at some point. A bit out of date now anyway. And pretty dull.

39 minutes ago, wakey said:

you need another pair of them rose-tinted glasses Sluffy.

It is grim - worst thing is none us have a sniff of a solution to this other than some billionaire knight on a white charger riding in.

Come to think of it, I've a very vague and mostly meaningless anecdote about the club's finances I might share at some point. A bit out of date now anyway. And pretty dull.

Actually thinking it through a little bit more, things might not be quite so bad.

This could be one outcome for instance.

If KA does default on the loan (assuming he keeps the club going until the settlement is due) he could default and walk away, as I've said above BUT ownership of the club would then revert to Moonshift, and although they might not really want it, they've certainly have the funds to keep the club going until they find someone more suitable who does.

You would then have the Anderson's out of the club, owners able to pay the bills and wages on time, no fear of Administration (unless the EFL punish the new owners with the sins of the old one), the club kept out of the reach of the ST and its high net worth friends and Parkinson still in charge and leading us up the table to safety!

It's all feasible I guess.

4 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Well you are kind of right but everything fell to pieces on day one.

The details of the takeover reported at the time was that a consortium of Holdsworth's Sport Shield and Anderson's Inner Circle was to buy the club for £7.5 million, with Holdsworth putting in an initial £5 million at KA a further £2.5 when required.  Unfortunately the only money Holdsworth put in the club was £4 million and that from having a loan put on the clubs existing assets.  Is it any wonder why KA refused to put in any of his own money (without taking it back as soon as he could) whilst Holdsworth hadn't put in a penny of his own (and allegedly took £1 million for himself in setting up the £5 million BluMable loan yet only paying £4 million into the club!).

KA's been on the back foot from day one whilst Holdsworth seems to have got away scot free and with money in his pocket too!

I've not had time to find a link to the £5million / £2.5 million agreed break down as stated above but this link confirms that the takeover deal was for £7.5 million takeover -

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14337255.i-just-cant-wait-to-put-some-smiles-on-peoples-faces-deanos-pride-at-saving-bolton-wanderers/

Dean Holdsworth - journeyman centre forward, tabloid shagger, former manager of Brentwood Town and contestant on ITV2's Celebrity Deadline (narrowly lost out to Dom Joly and Yvette Fielding in the semi-finals) - turning up at the club with no money and getting Ken/Eddie to give him a million quid for nothing (and agree never to mention it)... seems like nonsense.

But if it was true, the man's a genius and more people should try getting rich that way. The Wolf of Wanderers.

Edited by Tombwfc

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

He may not be able to / or now want to, pay back the loan and default and thus hand the shares back to Davies estate - walking away with £5 million or less depending on the ultimate settlement of 'his' loan.

So you think that the loan KA took from ED is set up so that KA could take £5m and give the club back?? Or have I misread that

5 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

Dean Holdsworth - journeyman centre forward, tabloid shagger, former manager of Brentwood Town and contestant on ITV2's Celebrity Deadline (narrowly lost out to Dom Joly and Yvette Fielding in the semi-finals) - turning up at the club with no money and getting Ken/Eddie to give him a million quid for nothing (and agree never to mention it)... seems like nonsense.

But if it was true, the man's a genius and more people should try getting rich that way. The Wolf of Wanderers.

Don’t think DH is the bad man here, he had previous with BWFC, is heart was in the right place he was just clueless on the financial side, he got his fingers burned and probably lost money in the end, whereas KA had never heard of BWFC till he thought he could make a quick buck and this is where we are now

15 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

So you think that the loan KA took from ED is set up so that KA could take £5m and give the club back?? Or have I misread that

It seems the best option at the moment. I suppose he would of put it against the shares. Hopefully it would maybe loosen the terms of the potential sale and also they could potentially pay the bills