Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Maybe the club have fresh concerns over his fitness and his past injury

I don’t buy IE comment about him dropping down the pecking order surely you want that as a manager good competition for places especially in with more injuries & suspensions to come (yes he can be recalled) personally he’s not where the club thought he maybe 

Is this about freeing up a squad place for another loan in ?

His age means he doesn't fill a quota point & his wages can't be high in footballer terms, but if he's not going to get any games he's best off in Burslem, which is not a phrase I've ever used before, nor expect to again tbh !

Evatt clearly thinks neither are the finished article. Hopefully these loans do the trick and add resilience to their games. They are both very different types of loan so its going to be interesting to see how each fares. 

I'll be a lot happier when Comley and Crawford are billeted elsewhere and we can bolster our first team options as a result.

Mad how many people on social media are angered by these decisions

1) Other than a banger against Tranmere, and some brief glimpses of quality, Politic has signed a new contract and then been injured for a year, I don’t blame the club for shipping him out to assess him before handing him another contract on a plate

2) Similar to politic without the screamer, Darcy has shown good potential and I get the excitement and desire to have him in the team but…

3) Evatt has made more good decisions than bad - especially since January - and if he and the club see this as the best course of action, I’m more than happy to sit back and let nature take its course

been easy to be critical of club decisions for the last 10 years, I think this is the time to relax and let them get on with it. They’re doing the business at the minute 

Edited by Mantra

• Members
29 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Evatt clearly thinks neither are the finished article. Hopefully these loans do the trick and add resilience to their games. They are both very different types of loan so its going to be interesting to see how each fares. 

I'll be a lot happier when Comley and Crawford are billeted elsewhere and we can bolster our first team options as a result.

Yeah Comley Crawford Delf thanks but off you pop 

4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Mad how many people on social media are angered by these decisions

Because social media is full of dickheads 

I can't see why anyone should be angry about these loans, they seem very sensible.

Politic needs to prove his fitness & get some game time, while Darcy has gone up in my estimation by being willing to travel to Norway & it should help to toughen him up.  Hopefully both players will benefit from playing & we'll gain from it.