Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If we could bring another in it would be a goalie who commands the box more; both rarely challenge for crosses and their first goal yesterday was a prime example. Gilks was great last season but I don’t think he is agile enough and Dixon IMO well get bossed

Big admission that'd be. Not going to happen I'm afraid.

McLean rumour has been quickly dismissed by Iles.

Keeper is a hugely important part of the team, can win you a lot of points.

Don’t like overreacting so I’m not sure I’d be calling for a replacement just yet. See how we are by January and then assess it. Having said that I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a tried and tested shot stopper

Maybe have another look at Gilks in the Pizza Hut Cup or sommat.

It's way too early to write off Dixon, but 'keeper and defence is symbiotic.

Got to build an understanding and trust, got to shout, to bollock, to praise...

Crellin didn't have a prayer.

Dixon has promise just needs to pipe up.*

* vocalise, not smoke crack cocaine, unless...

57 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If we could bring another in it would be a goalie who commands the box more; both rarely challenge for crosses and their first goal yesterday was a prime example. Gilks was great last season but I don’t think he is agile enough and Dixon IMO well get bossed

Got to agree with this, goalkeeping situation hasn't really been addressed, whichever keeper is selected it feels a bit like they are the understudy while we await the signing of the real No 1.  Saying that I can't suggest any better keepers that might be available, so I'll just hope for the best from the 2 we've got.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Got to agree with this, goalkeeping situation hasn't really been addressed, whichever keeper is selected it feels a bit like they are the understudy while we await the signing of the real No 1.  Saying that I can't suggest any better keepers that might be available, so I'll just hope for the best from the 2 we've got.

Nailed on. Finding a top class goalie with our budget is like a top class striker. We need to grow slowly but it could really bite us this season 

Moaning about a goalie making his league debut in a game of that ilk is a nonsense.

He may be good enough he may not?, and I too would like him to come for more crosses, for sure, and be more vocal but it may come?

However, I would like our defenders to mark players lining up on the 6 yard box for a free header. This was an issue last year too at times, all ball watching, take some responsibility.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Would rather see him in the gallows than in a Bolton shirt.

Weren't some considering 'I fuck comatose girls' Ched as a possible signing in the close-season?

Sorry, he was proven to be unproven (as a raper, after £1m legal shite).

Mclean is shite and like Maddison, though he had troubles, I suspect he (poppy burner) would be more meither off-field against any potential benefits he'd bring to our team.

Nay.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

Nothing I haven’t seen from Dixon that makes me think he’s incapable of being our no.1

He needs a consistent back two CB’s in front of him, IMO Santos & Johnston need a run of games together 

Meat-Head McLean? No thanks let Wigan have him they deserve him.

Not because of the poppy thing he's an over rated shithouse of a footballer who would cause trouble in squad. Wasn't he pictured in a Germany shirt in summer before England game and turned his back on our national anthem?

if talking about all pulling together he can do one. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Meat-Head McLean? No thanks let Wigan have him they deserve him.

Not because of the poppy thing he's an over rated shithouse of a footballer who would cause trouble in squad. Wasn't he pictured in a Germany shirt in summer before England game and turned his back on our national anthem?

if talking about all pulling together he can do one. 

The lad is a bellend. Pulls himself said he’s thick as fuck. And he’s not even that good. 

Id rather have Don McLean 

3 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Not because of the poppy thing .... pictured in a Germany shirt in summer before England game and turned his back on our national anthem?

Which is the point. Waaay more than not wearing the poppy ... so much more. Directly abusing your host country deserves a good kicking. He has no class.

THEN complains about not being given respect !