Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Farrelli said:

He wasn’t. I spoke to a coach from one of his previous non-league teams and his opinion was Faal is ok at that level but not really for any higher. 

Perhaps why the coach is In non league, JSL

We'll never know...

3 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

The coaches opinion may be wrong.

We'll never know if Faal could have made it

You can't have seen that little cameo at Rochdale. I know it's incredibly harsh and bordering on stupid to judge a player on ten minutes or whatever it was but I made my mind up that night. Hardly saw him again and he was here long enough to get a bit of a run out if he'd shown anything in training.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, tshape said:

You can't have seen that little cameo at Rochdale. I know it's incredibly harsh and bordering on stupid to judge a player on ten minutes or whatever it was but I made my mind up that night. Hardly saw him again and he was here long enough to get a bit of a run out if he'd shown anything in training.

Nonsense.

I was at your side ar Rochdale that day.

Judging him off that ten minutes is like reading two pages of a novel and saying its shit. 

Your just relieved 

1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

Nonsense.

I was at your side ar Rochdale that day.

Judging him off that ten minutes is like reading two pages of a novel and saying its shit. 

Your just relieved 

Oh yeah I was, sorry pal. There's every chance the novel could well go on to be shit though. Or certainly nowhere near as good as what you're used to reading.

1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

The coaches opinion may be wrong.

We'll never know if Faal could have made it

This experienced coach saw him everyday in training. I think his view is fairly sound as he himself played 400+ league games. Of course we’ll never know but I think it was right to let him go. 

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Daniel Braaten looked a world beater on youtube

He did, but this is a lad who averaged a goal every 2 games last season in the league we're currently in, so he's possibly a better fit for us than Braaten was.