Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members
2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Aye I get that, was more a reaction to folk I've seen getting carried away although that's my own fault for going on other social media platforms.

They’re playing in league one for a reason. Need to curb the enthusiasm. No need for that 😁

When we played them in the 1-0 away last season at the final whistle Evatt could be seen having a good chat with him on the iFollow cameras with Stockton nodding in agreement could have been a we'll come & get you if you don't go up. Heavily linked with him in the summer for what ever reason he signed a new contract at the shrimps & we ended up getting Baka who could be really good in this division but he's a proper sick note it seems like. Personally weren't arsed in the summer about not getting him as he helped them go up but didn't have the best goal returns in L2 last season but this season he's top scorer in the entire league & scoring bangers for fun. He'd get in most teams in this league on current form wether he can be consistent is another story, Evatt obviously is a big fan of his & Doyler at 33 would be better suited as a super sub coming on the last 30 against tired legs when they're getting sloppier & stretched. A no 10 will do very nicely aswell, seeing as IE says Sarce was going to be upgraded on anyway he should have somebody lined up but we seriously missed a boat on that Twine on a free he would have been perfect but atleast we got Dapo aye.

I haven't see anywhere near enough of Stockton to make a judgement. He's certainly showing up well this season. Ultimately though our ambition has to be a return to the Championship in the next couple of years. Would Stockton thrive at that level? I hope that's the question being asked by IE and his staff.

Over these next couple of windows for me the litmus test for new signings becomes "how would they do in the Championship?". Granted it's not an easy judgement to make when you are signing League 2 and League 1 players on the strength of potential. To meet my litmus test with these types signings you need exceptionally reliable scouting.

Evatt:

“For now, he (Stockton) isn’t one we’re looking to do, and that’s the truth.“

“The board has backed me from day one and they know I am respectful of their money. We will try and do things the right way but there is money available to spend.”

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Edited by Mantra

Seems like Ronan Darcy won’t be allowed to play for us until January according to BN. That is a blow particularly for him personally as he could have had a few games with our injury situation. By January he will have less opportunity as players come back.

Edited by Farrelli

3 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Seems like Ronan Darcy won’t be allowed to play for us until January according to BN. That is a blow particularly for him personally as he could have had a few games with our injury situation. By January he will have less opportunity as players come back.

I think he may have a chance . he can start training back at the club soon as he is back and the January signings aren’t necessarily going to be the start of the month . We might have to wait till nearer the window shuts to get the right deals and loan signings 

• Members
33 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

http://bbc.in/TheWandererPodcast 

sounds like politic isn’t wanted by evett going of is comment .
[ If he can’t get in vales team he shouldn’t be getting in Bolton wanderers } . 

seems a bit strange when we are struggling to fill the bench . Sounds like he doesn’t want him back to me 

Put him through his rehab, offered him a new deal decided not to sign it. That’s fair enough but we should only be wanting players who want to play for this club , if he does then sign the deal and work hard . If not fuck him. We move on. 

13 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Put him through his rehab, offered him a new deal decided not to sign it. That’s fair enough but we should only be wanting players who want to play for this club , if he does then sign the deal and work hard . If not fuck him. We move on. 

Unless we offered him far less than the going rate?  Dapo and Kachunga aren't here primarily because their ambition was to play for BWFC above everyone else.