Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

I just hope if we do any business during the window, it is done early on. I'm interested to see if he is given any money as well.

TBH if we get a good striker, goalscoring midfielder or decent keeper, I'd be happy to wait till midnight on 31st Jan.  Don't rush deals through for the sake of numbers, get the best we can afford and if some of them aren't available till the end of the month, don't settle for 2nd best eg MJ Williams and Dapo last year on 31st Jan. 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

TBH if we get a good striker, goalscoring midfielder or decent keeper, I'd be happy to wait till midnight on 31st Jan.  Don't rush deals through for the sake of numbers, get the best we can afford and if some of them aren't available till the end of the month, don't settle for 2nd best eg MJ Williams and Dapo last year on 31st Jan. 

The club has been saying they already have scouted out and know where they want to strengthen, so I am hoping that is true and the players they actually want are already in line to be brought in. Just interested now to see who they actually are, hence me wanting it all done early

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

I actually don’t care what size, weight, culture, colour or car they drive as a striker.

they could be a member of ISIS but if they score 15 plus goals in a season they can have a bacon butty at mine anytime 

Of course, but if we were looking at another Peter Crouch, then I think we would be looking at more long balls.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

I actually don’t care what size, weight, culture, colour or car they drive as a striker.

they could be a member of ISIS but if they score 15 plus goals in a season they can have a bacon butty at mine anytime 

Heard their team is deadly 

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not sure he’s the ball playing type Evatt prefers, he’s honest defender though mind you it helps when you’ve a powder puff attack like we had.

yep, in the air they did far better than us, he stood out and would be a welcome addition at this level, but I suppose we've got to bring in players of championship kaliber  

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course, but if we were looking at another Peter Crouch, then I think we would be looking at more long balls.

We've let another Peter Crouch go back to Enfield. Scoring goals for fun again now..