Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Never seen him play in my life, don't know what attributes he offers but got to assume he's a handful. Interesting that Reading paid Wolves 3 mill for him though & he's 62 caps for Iceland he must offer something to warrant all that. Dapo & Charles shown they can get goals at this level, if Dadi is the one to do the donkey work allowing them to flourish more then it makes sense. We have good depth now, strong competition for places & our bench is suddenly looking strong. Surely the end of Del now... has to be on his way before deadline day.

The write up for the official website says he 'is technically strong with a fantastic work ethic and impressive physical presence.'

Work ethic part stands out to me, need that in our system to press from the front and track back. Seems like an upgrade on Baka but time will tell, all the Millwall fans say he's awful

• Site Supporter
Just now, Arrested development said:

He's 6 ft 3 so hopefully be a good partner for Dion. 

If he plays as part of a top two; what does that mean for Dapo longer term?

For me, he will be the right of a front three- Evatt's usual formation.

Of course Saturday's different formation is food for thought, and gives us a plan B, but I still think he'll stick with his original formation.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

I’m hoping he fits in into the SKD, EHD mould of don’t give a shit what they did before, they are signed to be part of where we are and where we want to go. Love the bit about his awareness of our Icelandic history with players and how he followed us when we were younger. Sounds like he’s made concessions to be here too, to get the deal over the line. 

Edited by desperado

4 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Never seen him play in my life, don't know what attributes he offers but got to assume he's a handful. Interesting that Reading paid Wolves 3 mill for him though & he's 62 caps for Iceland he must offer something to warrant all that. Dapo & Charles shown they can get goals at this level, if Dadi is the one to do the donkey work allowing them to flourish more then it makes sense. We have good depth now, strong competition for places & our bench is suddenly looking strong. Surely the end of Del now... has to be on his way before deadline day.

And we paid £3 Mill for Sordell 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course Saturday's different formation is food for thought, and gives us a plan B, but I still think he'll stick with his original formation.

Dapo is a super player at this level, brings lots of qualities to the table but getting in a good early cross for the forwards isn’t one of them. Can see him played as a number 10 or an old fashioned inside forward 

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I have a feeling the new formation is here to stay. Think Evatt said recently we now have the players to play that formation and was talking about Charles and Baka building a partnership. It's the formation he originally used when he first joined as manager. 

I guess we could swap between a 3-5-2 and a 3-4-3 though to get Dapo into the team, although no reason he can't play the role that Lee played, he has the passing and vision and finishing to do it.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

Dapo is a super player at this level, brings lots of qualities to the table but getting in a good early cross for the forwards isn’t one of them. Can see him played as a number 10 or an old fashioned inside forward 

Indeed.

Recently I've seen him play a couple of majestic through balls, and I think he learning to get his head up more and mix his game up. 

He'd get balls in quicker if he played from the right too.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

I have a feeling the new formation is here to stay. Think Evatt said recently we now have the players to play that formation and was talking about Charles and Baka building a partnership. It's the formation he originally used when he first joined as manager. 

I guess we could swap between a 3-5-2 and a 3-4-3 though to get Dapo into the team, although no reason he can't play the role that Lee played, he has the passing and vision and finishing to do it.

May well be right.

Options at least to change things around.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Indeed.

Recently I've seen him play a couple of majestic through balls, and I think he learning to get his head up more and mix his game up. 

He'd get balls in quicker if he played from the right too.

Best long range passer in our team

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

May well be right.

Options at least to change things around.

Have to admit I was as surprised as anyone when we played two up top against Ipswich, thought it might have been to just match their formation, so we'll see what happens.

Santos and Johnston didn't work on their own too well, Aimson and Santos was a slight improvement but still leaky. The fact we kept a clean sheet with 3 at the back is another tick in the box to keep the same system. Could all change if we lose to Shrews and Sunderland though

If Bod was banging them in at champ level we wouldn't have a chance at getting him, same with Kacha where they have pedigree at that level without being goalscorers its up to Evatt to try get the best out of them. We have to make goalscorers with coaching like Morecambe have done with Stockton, like we've done to some extent with Dapo. Wigan just signed Magennis who's an absolute donkey at champ level but gets respectable numbers in his few seasons at L1, hopefully this guy can get a decent return for us at this level

Edited by Deanu

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

The write up for the official website says he 'is technically strong with a fantastic work ethic and impressive physical presence.'

Work ethic part stands out to me, need that in our system to press from the front and track back. Seems like an upgrade on Baka but time will tell, all the Millwall fans say he's awful

Millwall fans said Rioch, McGinlay and Branagan were awful!