Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

26 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

I've just seen our h2h against Wycombe. These are our results against them.

2-0 L

0-2 L

1-0 L

0-2 L

We've never even scored a goal. 

Burton we've played 7 times, drawn twice and lost 5.

I really hope to god we dick these teams this season, sick of them.

We've only played them because we were on a slde &/or they were on a rise.

Let's stick it to them when things are as they should be.

7 hours ago, gonzo said:

Going to Burton joins my list of sharing a hotel room with another man, drinking sambuca, and reading the comments section of the Bolton News in actions I shall never do again as long as Im on this green earth. 

Burton is on my avoid list too, along with he likes of Bristol City, Norwich & Hull.
Ipswich is going back on the list after our season opener too

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

One of many meh players we've had over the last few years.

He was here and got a pay check but did nothing to stand out.

Looked a world beater when we won on the opening day at West Brom. In fact they all did. All downhill from there. 

39 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Looked a world beater when we won on the opening day at West Brom. In fact they all did. All downhill from there. 

What a great day out that was, a total departure from what the rest of the season gave us 

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

What a great day out that was, a total departure from what the rest of the season gave us 

A season that promised so much, but delivered so little.

Started out in glorious sunshine with an away win at the favourites to win the league and ended in acrimonious relegation and failing to complete the fixture list.

Edited by Traf

20 minutes ago, Traf said:

Started out in glorious sunshine with an away win at the favourites to win the league and ended in acrimonious relegation and failing to complete the fixture list.

One of our loudest and most boisterous away ends that I can remember too, Stelios appearing, late winners, players scoring on debut etc, perfect.

Disgraceful how it all unravelled, probably was rotten to the core already by that point anyway like but that day hid it well for a while.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

One of our loudest and most boisterous away ends that I can remember too, Stelios appearing, late winners, players scoring on debut etc, perfect.

Disgraceful how it all unravelled, probably was rotten to the core already by that point anyway like but that day hid it well for a while.

First game of the season hope, top of the league (maybe joint), quality weather, easy place to get to. Away game perfection.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Traf said:

I recalled a squandering a 2 goal lead in our first home game but looking back at results I'd totally forgotten we got 10 points from the first 4

I remember thinking Oztumer was under utilised 

I also forgot about a 6-0 bumming at hull on NYD

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

First game of the season hope, top of the league (maybe joint), quality weather, easy place to get to. Away game perfection.

It was too.  I vividly remember coming away from the game, the fans were absolutely buzzing.  It was one of those wins that doesn't happen to us (as described by others).  Our line up was Alnwick, Olkowski, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor, Luke Murphy, Lowe, Ameobi, Vela, Buckley, Magennis.  A struggle to think of more than 2 that would get in our current team, it was league one at best yet won at a team that was promoted to the Prem.

3 hours ago, Zico said:

I recalled a squandering a 2 goal lead in our first home game but looking back at results I'd totally forgotten we got 10 points from the first 4

I remember thinking Oztumer was under utilised 

I also forgot about a 6-0 bumming at hull on NYD

I was at the Hull 0-6 and the 0-4 in August 2017, the night before my eldest daughter got married.

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Burned in to my soul alongside the Reading 7-1

Seem to recall @Traf and Jnr were sat behind us at West Brom. And bumped in to @gonzoat an ice cream van after the game 😂 

99 and a mivvi for me and lad :D

Thats the game I got to my car and Id left my keys in the ignition and all the windows down in the middle of a rough arse estate round the back of the away end. Haven't told the wife till this day haha