Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Bruce always maintained that you could never have too many good strikers so signing Stockton would be a big plus for me. Looking at how many goals the top teams are banging in proves goals win games and partnering Dion with Stockton seems a great partnership to me. Sadly I’m not sure we have the money and after yesterday I think the defence is where any money we do have should be spent. Marlon anybody?

• Site Supporter

We've scored 1 goal in 3 games, hardly smashing them in for fun.

No, don't particularly want Fossey. Any signing who does come in has to be signed with a view of replacing someone currently in starting 11 I.e better. Not convinced Stockton is that

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There a few clubs sniffing around him, would love him to rock up here… sadly think he’ll get bigger better deal elsewhere. 

But just imagine the outcry in the Morecambe area if he came to us; their newly identified rivals! 

30 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Can't see anything missing from the side perhaps a midfield bastard but we've not had one since Karl Henry.

Fossey would be back-up to Bradley and we've already got Sadlier/Jones for that.

And Isgrove presumably.  I'd be disappointed if we signed Fossey now as it would just mean seeing less of Sadlier who's already underused, arguably, and I rate above Fossey.

25 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I would like to see Sadlier as a number 10 he as an eye for goal but IE prefers Lee and Dempsey and likely Sheehan once he’s fit .

He's a no 10 for me too, I think he would score more than Dapo if he played consistently there, as well as creating plenty.  He maybe suffers for being one of the best crossers we have because the other no.10s you mention don't excel at crossing, their tendency is to look for shorter passes on the deck.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He's a no 10 for me too, I think he would score more than Dapo if he played consistently there, as well as creating plenty.  He maybe suffers for being one of the best crossers we have because the other no.10s you mention don't excel at crossing, their tendency is to look for shorter passes on the deck.

Yes I agree my other issue is Dapo our system for me doesn’t suit his game he’s better in a front 3 rather than a second striker or a number 10 but IE will not change our system and I don’t blame him it works well for us. 

1 hour ago, Rizlar said:

Yes I agree my other issue is Dapo our system for me doesn’t suit his game he’s better in a front 3 rather than a second striker or a number 10 but IE will not change our system and I don’t blame him it works well for us. 

I'd be happy to see the system mixed up a bit.  Given our track record of beating most bottom half teams and not winning many against top half, I'd be surprised if results dipped if we tried 4-4-2.  It won't happen but as a traditionalist I would just like to see 2 CBs, 2 full backs, 2 wingers (Dapo being one), 2 CMs, 2 strikers.  Not every game, but maybe to surprise the opposition occasionally/give them something to think about.

On 22/08/2022 at 22:21, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be happy to see the system mixed up a bit.  Given our track record of beating most bottom half teams and not winning many against top half, I'd be surprised if results dipped if we tried 4-4-2.  It won't happen but as a traditionalist I would just like to see 2 CBs, 2 full backs, 2 wingers (Dapo being one), 2 CMs, 2 strikers.  Not every game, but maybe to surprise the opposition occasionally/give them something to think about.

Yeah I agree sometime it works to change systems to give the opposition something different to think about .

Ian evatt

Today I’ve been offered some players that I didn’t think I’d be capable of getting financially, they might not be right for us,but the fact they’ve watched us against Villa they saw the fan base, they saw the stadium rocking, its great we’re having that appeal”

Edited by Farnywhite

54 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Ian evatt

Today I’ve been offered some players that I didn’t think I’d be capable of getting financially, they might not be right for us,but the fact they’ve watched us against Villa they saw the fan base, they saw the stadium rocking, its great we’re having that appeal”

All bodes well.

De Jong and Rafeal Leao I’d guess.

1 minute ago, tomski said:

Haha. It’s truly an awful saying isn’t it. People that do defo describe loads of people as the goat in their local.

100% use the terms goat, ratio, Penaldo/Pessi, cry more etc both online in person.

A few of them are worth instant blocks for me on twitter, sure sign of a football gimp.