Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays, 2017

globaldiver

It's too hot so I've moved to the shade and thought I'd catch up on life in the real world, so where better than here whilst I drink some cold beer, there only so much one can take in, in a day, tomorrow we are getting a sea plane to Trinidad for the day then Saturday we're off to Barbados for a couple of days so again I say, stick your overpopulated boats up your arse

Having been to exactly the same places as you Widnes mi owd mucka, I'm on your side here without a shadow of a doubt.

Enjoy Barbados amigo, get up to custom house on the bridge going into Bridgetown, we've got some mutual friends there on the last shop to the left before the bridge.

I'm dreading the thought of two 4+ hour flights with the little shits, let's not ruin a holiday adding another two in there.

Honestly though, it's something I'd love to do, travel about from country to country. It's something to save for when the kids have fired off I think.

Those Bintercanarias flights have more than doubled since I last checked too.

• Site Supporter

It's too hot so I've moved to the shade and thought I'd catch up on life in the real world, so where better than here whilst I drink some cold beer, there only so much one can take in, in a day, tomorrow we are getting a sea plane to Trinidad for the day then Saturday we're off to Barbados for a couple of days so again I say, stick your overpopulated boats up your arse

hello sailor

season ticket in the post

• Moderators

Done a cruise as it was a good deal as the mrs used to work on them and it's the best way to do the fjords

Was by far one of the youngest on there which felt a bit weird

I get it but def not ready to do one again as the entertainment on board was not aimed at my generation

I'd work on one though as it's just one big eastern European fuck fest for the staff

Gran Canaria March

Portoogal June

Lakes New Year

Maldives Dec

Paris Work

3 night cruise

Dublin weekend break

Rekyajvic weekend break

Palma weekend break

Bordeaux weekend break

Its ace when the kids have grown up and the wife works in travel

Marvellous!

I'm currently sat on the balcony of my villa, it's 87degrees, the sun is blazing down on me and I'm drinking a cold bottle of Carib, we have a balcony that goes all round the villa, to the left is a beach with about 4 people on it, directly in front is a blue and green sea, there a pelicans diving for fish, there are stingrays with a 25ft span swimming about, there is also a coral reef with parrott fish, puffa fish and all sorts of bright coloured fish I've never even dreampt about, to the right and at the back of us is the oldest rainforest in the western hemisphere, there are squirrels running up and down out balcony, parrots, humming birds that are drinking some honey water we put out for them, there's wild goats, chickens, roosters and all sorts of wildlife running about in front of my eyes, there are bright blue and yellow birds everywhere. A bottle of beer is between 80p and a £1 per bottle, a rum punch is £2.50 and a half pint of vodka a coke is £3.50. Tonight were earing at the boathouse which is on the beach, there's a drum band on tonight, cost of a 3 course meal with 3 or 4 cocktails is about £15 each. On the main beach every evening there's a bonfire and live music, street vendors selling rotis and spicey pasties for about 50p each. There's live music on and the locals are extremely friendly. It's not acceptable to go into a bar without a tshirt on but perfectly acceptable to smoke ganga at the bar. We've eaten at a different place each evening, the cost of jeep hire is £30 a day and petrol is 34p a litre, we've been all over the island, Argyle falls, spent  3 days in a shack in the rain forest and just generally chilled out at out own pace. Now give me that over a crowded ship queueing up for your buffet breakfast and given a strict timetable of what time you can get off the boat and what time you have to be back anytime

So your staying on a farm?

How are eating out prices shaping up in Greek Islands?

Want to get self catering for couple of weeks in Summer but as both lads eat more than me need to assess total cost.

Depends where you go

For 3 of us we had 3 starters 3 mains half a litre of wine and water, maybe a desert it would be 30 to 40 euros.

I'm currently sat on the balcony of my villa, it's 87degrees, the sun is blazing down on me and I'm drinking a cold bottle of Carib, we have a balcony that goes all round the villa, to the left is a beach with about 4 people on it, directly in front is a blue and green sea, there a pelicans diving for fish, there are stingrays with a 25ft span swimming about, there is also a coral reef with parrott fish, puffa fish and all sorts of bright coloured fish I've never even dreampt about, to the right and at the back of us is the oldest rainforest in the western hemisphere, there are squirrels running up and down out balcony, parrots, humming birds that are drinking some honey water we put out for them, there's wild goats, chickens, roosters and all sorts of wildlife running about in front of my eyes, there are bright blue and yellow birds everywhere. A bottle of beer is between 80p and a £1 per bottle, a rum punch is £2.50 and a half pint of vodka a coke is £3.50. Tonight were earing at the boathouse which is on the beach, there's a drum band on tonight, cost of a 3 course meal with 3 or 4 cocktails is about £15 each. On the main beach every evening there's a bonfire and live music, street vendors selling rotis and spicey pasties for about 50p each. There's live music on and the locals are extremely friendly. It's not acceptable to go into a bar without a tshirt on but perfectly acceptable to smoke ganga at the bar. We've eaten at a different place each evening, the cost of jeep hire is £30 a day and petrol is 34p a litre, we've been all over the island, Argyle falls, spent  3 days in a shack in the rain forest and just generally chilled out at out own pace. Now give me that over a crowded ship queueing up for your buffet breakfast and given a strict timetable of what time you can get off the boat and what time you have to be back anytime

But do they sell John Smiths??