Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays, 2017

globaldiver

Love California, think it's my favourite holiday destination

Where are you going / what are you doing?

Used to be a pain with flights from Manchester but believe Thomas Cook do Manchester to LA & San Fran as well now for reasonable money

They have also started doing Manchester to Cape Town in the Winter as well, it's on my list

Mine too.  It's basically reverse of what I did last time.  Last time was San Francisco, Big Sur, LA. 

This time it's LA, Santa Barbara, Big Sur, Monterey and Berkeley.  I don't think I'd ever get bored of visiting.

I'm flying from Manc to Heathrow to LA, returning San Fran, Heathrow to Manc.  My mate tried to get the exact flights but going from London and they quoted him £300 more.  Being a Northerner is ace.

Isn't that the favourite spot for the older lady looking a young buck with a extra large cock?

It certainly is, one of the Mother-In-Laws friends visits every year, from what we can gather, she visits the exact same resort every year as well. The dirty old bat

Fucked it off - going to Budapest instead - £260 including flights and a decent gaff with Airbnb.

Usual mithering for recommendations begins in earnest! :-)

Budapest is a great city, i much prefer it to Amsterdam or Prague.

All the guide books will tell you not to venture onto Vaci Street (muggers/scammers/Pro's etc)

We were never off it, it's the best street in Pest.

Budapest is a great city, i much prefer it to Amsterdam or Prague.

All the guide books will tell you not to venture onto Vaci Street (muggers/scammers/Pro's etc)

We were never off it, it's the best street in Pest.

Really looking forward to it. If you've any tips I'd love to hear them. I know very little about it but it's a place I've always fancied seeing - so any advice would be gratefully received.

Is it safe to handle the money?

• Site Supporter

Really looking forward to it. If you've any tips I'd love to hear them. I know very little about it but it's a place I've always fancied seeing - so any advice would be gratefully received.

Speaking of money- when are you going? Just thinking about exchange rates and article 50.

Try the aptly named Castle Hill district in Buda, lovely medieval streets on that part.

The very aptly named Robinson Restaurant, located uniquely on a small island in the City's park, excellent choice if I say so myself.

More central, the Karpatia, an authentic gypsy restaurant. Food was excellent in there.

I also bizarrely dined in a synagogue there, another unique experience especially when the security appeared from nowhere and searched us on entry...

I was intrigued by the huge fruit and veg market in Pest and spent hours randomly wandering about in there.

Obvious tourist choice is the spa(outdoor health one, not the overpriced shit shop) over on the other side of Chain Bridge...

For sheer opulence, most have a bite to eat at the New York Cafe, but the locals much prefer Cafe Gerbeaud, beautiful place and absolutely gorgeous FBCs.

Decent place, just mention Adam Bogdan, they'll buy you drinks all night.....

Edit, the synagogue was the Kazinczy St one.

Edited by miamiwhite

Try the aptly named Castle Hill district in Buda, lovely medieval streets on that part.

The very aptly named Robinson Restaurant, located uniquely on a small island in the City's park, excellent choice if I say so myself.

More central, the Karpatia, an authentic gypsy restaurant. Food was excellent in there.

I also bizarrely dined in a synagogue there, another unique experience especially when the security appeared from nowhere and searched us on entry...

I was intrigued by the huge fruit and veg market in Pest and spent hours randomly wandering about in there.

Obvious tourist choice is the spa(outdoor health one, not the overpriced shit shop) over on the other side of Chain Bridge...

For sheer opulence, most have a bite to eat at the New York Cafe, but the locals much prefer Cafe Gerbeaud, beautiful place and absolutely gorgeous FBCs.

Decent place, just mention Adam Bogdan, they'll buy you drinks all night.....

Edit, the synagogue was the Kazinczy St one.

If we're talking culture - try Marilyns  :thumbsup:

There was a  Budapest thread on here a while back -

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/74690-budapest/