Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bbc Salaries

mickbrown

• Site Supporter

Not seen the list and don't want to. However I've seen that Chris Evans was top. Irrespective of whether you like him, he was doing radio and TV work, top gear being a big money spinner for the corporation.

Without knowing the full situation, I'd guess he's worked longer hours than many and brought in more than taken out.

If wages are to be reduced and brought in line, then a pay scale needs to be introduced and run it like other public sector areas that don't create income. No gender pay gap and full transparency. If they are to continue to income generate then some will earn more than others (equal pay for equal job irrespective of gender is fair enough) but to compare Evans with someone with a small slot on radio is silly.

• Moderators

i also dont have an issue with evans

not sure if the figure would include all his earnings from top gear, though :)

1 figures dont include programmes produced by 3rd party companies

or

2 bbc worldwide productions

does top gear fall into either of these?

• Site Supporter

Don't mind lineker. Presenting the program is a bit of a hiding to nothing when there's a couple of pundits there too.

Perhaps they should have a normal Joe public fan in each week to sit with a pundit.

Oh and I've had many a laugh watching top gear, sat with the lad who loves his cars.

The BBC is purely a public service broadcaster - (providing a service for the public) - why do we need to give folk astronomical salaries for; reading the news, weather, cookery advice, teams on MOTD, gardening tips etc?

Same could be said about fuckers booting a bag of wind about.