Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

One person from a population of nearly 70 million phones a radio station and it becomes viral.

That’s where we are now. 
Unbelievable!

Is there anything in what that one person of nearly 70 million people that you identify with?

4 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Is there anything in what that one person of nearly 70 million people that you identify with?

No. I really don’t know anyone who has expressed those views. 

One unverified nut case phones a radio station and it’s spread far and wide. 
Is this what we have become?

13 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

No. I really don’t know anyone who has expressed those views. 

One unverified nut case phones a radio station and it’s spread far and wide. 
Is this what we have become?

So what is it that you don’t agree with?

7 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Now this where I do defend the government. Between 300 to 400 billion pounds were spent during the COVID crisis. Not something that could have been foreseen in December 2019. Something had to give. 

Well here’s the thing. That money was guaranteed when we were part of the EU, absolutely 100% guaranteed and that has allowed so many of these good causes and projects to flourish all over the UK.  Unfortunately a lot has been promised by brexiteers and the Tories and very little delivered. 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Heard only a little bit of the previous debate for PM and Mordaunt didn’t impress me… must say she’s good in parliament, however sunak is the only choice if I had a vote. 

That's the important bit!

The debates amongst themselves from what I remember were quite sharp generally, but Mordaunt stayed away from most of the nasty stuff.

Rishi was accused of mansplaining too, so I don't really set much by them. 

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Well here’s the thing. That money was guaranteed when we were part of the EU, absolutely 100% guaranteed and that has allowed so many of these good causes and projects to flourish all over the UK.  Unfortunately a lot has been promised by brexiteers and the Tories and very little delivered. 

My comment was on your comment about manifesto promises. The manifesto was torn up when COVID happened. There’s also the small (about 30 odd billion pounds) cost of subsidising energy costs due to the war in Ukraine.

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's the important bit!

The debates amongst themselves from what I remember were quite sharp generally, but Mordaunt stayed away from most of the nasty stuff.

Rishi was accused of mansplaining too, so I don't really set much by them. 

She does seem relatively normal.

But the Walter Mitty navy bollocks she pulled at the last contest was all a bit strange.

23 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Looks like one of those Facebook posts. Did you write it yourself or copy and paste? Lots in there true but lots not true.

I wrote it in about two minutes of stream of consciousness following a half bottle of wine. If I had given any thought to it, the piece would have been much more damning. Please enlighten me and others to the parts that are not true.

4 minutes ago, Offshore said:

I wrote it in about two minutes of stream of consciousness following a half bottle of wine. If I had given any thought to it, the piece would have been much more damning. Please enlighten me and others to the parts that are not true.

PS. I've never felt so insulted. A fucking facebook post! Never been on it, never will. 

45 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

My comment was on your comment about manifesto promises. The manifesto was torn up when COVID happened. There’s also the small (about 30 odd billion pounds) cost of subsidising energy costs due to the war in Ukraine.

The point is they would have received the money if we were still in the EU. The losers in brexit are these vital community projects and groups who will not be able to do the same great work. Don’t worry though the bankers will still get their bonuses.

11 minutes ago, Offshore said:

It was a long post. Food banks were first introduced in 2000. That was your first point. 

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

It was a long post. Food banks were first introduced in 2000. That was your first point. 

How many food banks do we have now though? You want to split hairs but the fact is loads of people in work now have to use food banks.

10 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

How many food banks do we have now though? You want to split hairs but the fact is loads of people in work now have to use food banks.

He said they were introduced by this government. Food banks are a charitable entity and existed before this and and prior governments. He asked why I thought his comments were untrue. I only gave one example. There are others.

39 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Blimey.

Let's rephrase it.

Do you not think that the massive proliferation of food banks in the last 12 years indicate that we are in fact,governed by absolute cunts?

24 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

He said they were introduced by this government. Food banks are a charitable entity and existed before this and and prior governments. He asked why I thought his comments were untrue. I only gave one example. There are others.

I think if you try hard you can appreciate the sentiment which is that food banks are now a necessity in every major town in the UK. 

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Blimey.

Let's rephrase it.

Do you not think that the massive proliferation of food banks in the last 12 years indicate that we are in fact,governed by absolute cunts?

You need to look back at what he said and what I said. I never said what you said I think.