Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Of course, unless another arrangement is made as part of the trade deal. 

It won't be which is part of the problem with divergence when you think by lowering standards you will have a competitive advantage. It may work with countries that allow lower standards but not with our biggest trading partner

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It took 2 mins. It's all over twitter. 

I wasn’t referring to the time it took although a second spent is a second wasted for that. 

Nobody but nobody who is going to vote for the tories is going to reverse their decision reading that. Therefore it is rendered useless really? 

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It won't be which is part of the problem with divergence when you think by lowering standards you will have a competitive advantage. It may work with countries that allow lower standards but not with our biggest trading partner

Not quite sure why you are so hung up on lower standards, think the EU are not the class leading upholders of world class standards, many U.K. standards are higher already, as I’m sure some US standards are, some standards are just different but can be equivalent,  anyhow it’s all up for discussion once we leave, and we get to make our own calls on standards and whether we diverge or not. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Not quite sure why you are so hung up on lower standards, think the EU are not the class leading upholders of world class standards, many U.K. standards are higher already, as I’m sure some US standards are, anyhow it’s all up for discussion once we leave, and we get to make our own calls on standards and whether we diverge or not. 

I am not hung up on it, I want our standards to remain aligned with our biggest trading partner once we leave and that's what UK businesses are crying out for. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/29/michel-barnier-tells-uk-ignore-eu-regulatory-standards-at-your-peril

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I wasn’t referring to the time it took although a second spent is a second wasted for that. 

Nobody but nobody who is going to vote for the tories is going to reverse their decision reading that. Therefore it is rendered useless really? 

If my intention was to change people's minds - I'd not be arsing about here - I could go and work in political consulting - I know plenty who do - but it was just a bit of fun pointing out the sheer volume of lies our leader and government pump out with regularity. 

8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I am not hung up on it, I want our standards to remain aligned with our biggest trading partner once we leave and that's what UK businesses are crying out for. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/29/michel-barnier-tells-uk-ignore-eu-regulatory-standards-at-your-peril

Nice to see Barnier wants no tariffs, no quotas and frictionless trade, and it’s right that we also want that to be the case as Johnson states in that article, I’ve said all along that was always going to be the case, the challenge for our government is to be able to diverge and agree new trade deals. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If my intention was to change people's minds - I'd not be arsing about here - I could go and work in political consulting - I know plenty who do - but it was just a bit of fun pointing out the sheer volume of lies our leader and government pump out with regularity. 

Just now, boltondiver said:
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Most of which aren’t lies

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Most of which aren’t lies

Question for you mate

if I say I’m going to do something and give you my word I will do it. And then I am stopped from doing it by a third party or parties which is completely out of my control. Do you call me a liar and no longer trust me or do you accept that I was prevented from doing what I said I would?

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Question for you mate

if I say I’m going to do something and give you my word I will do it. And then I am stopped from doing it by a third party or parties which is completely out of my control. Do you call me a liar and no longer trust me or do you accept that I was prevented from doing what I said I would?

Prevented from doing is the correct interpretation of any sane, rational person, I would say.