Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fancy anyone using the Liverpool Echo to proof check a Tory government. 😂

That was one of a few links that I could have chosen, the message is the same though. I know you don't do detail but it would help your argument if you knew what you were talking about

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/sajid-javid-abandons-pre-election-pledge-to-end-austerity-after-just-4-months/30/01/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/29/ministers-told-to-find-5-savings-to-refocus-on-pms-priorities

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/sajid-javid-abandons-pledge-end-21389005

https://news.sky.com/story/cabinet-ministers-asked-to-cut-back-departments-by-5-11921071 

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I’ll judge them on what they do in the next 5 years, not on the say so of the above Anti -Tory publications. I’d suggest you do the same, it’s called free thinking. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll judge them on what they do in the next 5 years, not on the say so of the above Anti -Tory publications. I’d suggest you do the same, it’s called free thinking. 

just keeping you honest Mounts, it's a shame you prefer sound bites to facts but that's par for the course with you sadly

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nope can’t see it, it’s 2 simple statements, I’m not sure how folk somehow thought it would all be spent on the NHS as it says nothing of the sort. As it happens the Tory government are now embarking on a spending spree. It’s history now and whether folk originally believed it they had a second chance at the recent election to vote against Brexit and the public again voted to leave with eyes wide open and full knowledge that all that money wasn’t going to the NHS. Continuing to reap this up just make you look like sore losers.... which of course you are. 

I fully agree with you on this. 2 separate statements that people on one side of the debate chose to try and manipulate to say something it clearly didn’t. 

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

just keeping you honest Mounts, it's a shame you prefer sound bites to facts but that's par for the course with you sadly

I listen to MPs from both sides and political analysts, political debates and Political programmes, from that I formulate an opinion, sadly many folk are indoctrinated one way or the other and are incapable of supporting anything that opposes that indoctrination. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
33 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nope can’t see it, it’s 2 simple statements, I’m not sure how folk somehow thought it would all be spent on the NHS as it says nothing of the sort. As it happens the Tory government are now embarking on a spending spree. It’s history now and whether folk originally believed it they had a second chance at the recent election to vote against Brexit and the public again voted to leave with eyes wide open and full knowledge that all that money wasn’t going to the NHS. Continuing to reap this up just make you look like sore losers.... which of course you are. 

It’s implied that it will be spent on the NHS and they knew full well what they were doing with the message.

Im not a sore loser, I accepted the result and accepted I bet on the wrong horse, my problem was and still is the tactics how both sides went about their campaign. 

If remain were to say hypothetically. “If we stay in the EU a shit load of money will be pumped into the NHS” I would have called bullshit as well.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I listen to MPs from both sides and political analysts, political debates and Political programmes, from that I formulate an opinion, sadly many folk are indoctrinated one way or the other and are incapable of supporting anything that opposes that indoctrination. 

If you are so well informed, why did you ignore the 5% cuts on every government department that we were told before the election wouldn't happen?

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

It’s implied that it will be spent on the NHS and they knew full well what they were doing with the message.

Im not a sore loser, I accepted the result and accepted I bet on the wrong horse, my problem was and still is the tactics how both sides went about their campaign. 

If remain were to say hypothetically. “If we stay in the EU a shit load of money will be pumped into the NHS” I would have called bullshit as well.

Even Farage called it out as wrong

2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

It’s not implied. It’s simply an interpretation. I can see why people of lower than average intelligence may have interpreted it as such. Absolutely. Therefore it should have been clearer possibly. 

but please don’t expect folk to believe that people like yourself who are bright believed it to have said that

and there are many on what who proclaim they are of a superior intelligence than the majority of us and yet they expect us to believe they clearly thought it was saying that. 
nonsense mate 

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

If you are so well informed, why did you ignore the 5% cuts on every government department that we were told before the election wouldn't happen?

I’ve not ignored it just that I’ve not heard it raised on the programs I watch. I am sure it’ll be raised in the near future, and the question is are the 5% cuts justified and would like to hear that justification, if I don’t agree with it I’ll say exactly that.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s not implied. It’s simply an interpretation. I can see why people of lower than average intelligence may have interpreted it as such. Absolutely. Therefore it should have been clearer possibly. 

but please don’t expect folk to believe that people like yourself who are bright believed it to have said that

and there are many on what who proclaim they are of a superior intelligence than the majority of us and yet they expect us to believe they clearly thought it was saying that. 
nonsense mate 

Alright fair enough it’s an interpretation I agree there. 

FWIW our Maude works for the NHS so it was in my best interest to vote leave based on What the leave party was promising, but as I’m a free thinker (😉eh Mounts) I concluded that it was bollocks and saw right through it. But not everyone can do that, they literally take what politicians say as gospel and both parties knew that.

Theres no doubt in my mind that that message on the bus swung undecided voters, especially if you rely heavy on the NHS. The message was very murky and a bit naughty, and probably not legal but it didn’t matter they knew that if it was right or wrong they got the message out there and it would be too late to do anything about it.

Its the same dangerous rhetoric when shite gets thrown over social media, if you’re not intelligent enough you’ll believe anything. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve not ignored it just that I’ve not heard it raised on the programs I watch. I am sure it’ll be raised in the near future, and the question is are the 5% cuts justified and would like to hear that justification, if I don’t agree with it I’ll say exactly that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-spending-review-austerity-brexit-nhs-education-police-funding-a9091601.html

We were all hoodwinked but that's what you get with a Johnson government...you were warned

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Doesn't say every department; it talks about improvements in efficiency and shifting money from low value to high value projects. Departments to identify such and call time where appropriate. If 5% savings can be made and spent on hospitals etc then great.

You like to advocate business preparing itself for brexit, so what's wrong with a government prioritising it's spending?

I would assume every new government looks to undertake such an excercise.

Quick example of why this sort of thinking is backward.

Cuts to council budget = less maintenance and gritting for pavements in winter = more old dears falling over and fracturing their hip = more strain on NHS = extra money given to NHS gets swallowed up = NHS needs even more money.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Doesn't say every department; it talks about improvements in efficiency and shifting money from low value to high value projects. Departments to identify such and call time where appropriate. If 5% savings can be made and spent on hospitals etc then great.

You like to advocate business preparing itself for brexit, so what's wrong with a government prioritising it's spending?

I would assume every new government looks to undertake such an excercise.

Javid said NO government departments would be cut, he couldn't be clearer

21 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Still at it I see.

The hard-nosed rump of remoaners who even the vast majority of democratic remainers are now sick of hearing from. You're like a doomsday cult. First you proclaimed that the world as we know it in the Uk would crumble on a leave vote alone. Then it was the triggering of Article 50. Then it was deal struck with the EU for us to leave (the one you said Boris wouldn't get). Then it was us leaving - on Friday. You're now clinging on to the hope we'll all be in rags on Jan 1, 2021. You're like the bloke outside Burnden with the A-board claiming the end of the world is nigh. Your credibility is diminished each and every time you claim this and set the date only for nowt to happen. You've had nothing right since the start of this and Europhiles have had nothing right since Maastricht.

In short you're a doomsday cultist. A laughing stock. But do keep it up. Happy to buy you a new shovel for that hole you keeping digging. It's mighty entertaining.

Edited by paulhanley

Just now, paulhanley said:

Still at it I see.

The hard-nosed rump of remoaners who even the vast majority of democratic remainers are now sick of hearing from. You're like a doomsday cult. First you proclaimed that the world as we know it in the Uk would crumble on a leave vote alone. Then it was the triggering of Article 50. Then it was deal struck with the EU for us to leave (the one you said Boris wouldn't get). Then it was us leaving - on Friday. You're now clinging on to the hope we'll all be in rags on Jan 1, 2021. You're like the bloke outside Burnden with the A-board claiming the end of the world is nigh. Your credibility is diminished each and every time you claim this and set the date only for nowt to happen. You've had nothing right since the start of this and Europhiles have had nothing right since Maastricht.

In short you're a doomsday cultist. A laughing stock. But do keep it up. Happy to buy you a new shovel for that hole you keeping digging. It's might entertaining.

Oh Mr Hangry is back😂

8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-spending-review-austerity-brexit-nhs-education-police-funding-a9091601.html

We were all hoodwinked but that's what you get with a Johnson government...you were warned

All this nonsense from you as always Pete. 

Let's look and talk about actual facts shall we ? How about the Eurozone results from the other day ?

Go on pal, try and sell the EU to me, especially now a MAJOR player has left the elite club.....its a hard sell now, and you know it.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Quick example of why this sort of thinking is backward.

Cuts to council budget = less maintenance and gritting for pavements in winter = more old dears falling over and fracturing their hip = more strain on NHS = extra money given to NHS gets swallowed up = NHS needs even more money.

Very true. Examples of this all over.

At least global warming is reducing icy days!

Which reminds me: the old chap who fell over after the Shrewsbury game is now walking fairly well after his new hip. Good service from the NHS; operated on morning after his fall, out after a few days, and follow up visits from district nurse/physio type folks. A good effort all round.

Just now, miamiwhite said:

All this nonsense from you as always Pete. 

Let's look and talk about actual facts shall we ? How about the Eurozone results from the other day ?

Go on pal, try and sell the EU to me, especially now a MAJOR player has left the elite club.....its a hard sell now, and you know it.

It's not nonsense though is it? Did Javid say that NO government department would have their budgets cut? Of course he did and then he tells them that their budget will be cut by 5%. I'm not making it up as its there for everyone to see.

Changing the subject, as for the Eurozone I have not read up on it yet.

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

It's not nonsense though is it? Did Javid say that NO government department would have their budgets cut? Of course he did and then he tells them that their budget will be cut by 5%. I'm not making it up as its there for everyone to see.

Changing the subject, as for the Eurozone I have not read up on it yet.

Changing the subject ? The thread is the re the EU, not the election thread.....change your readers fella.

As for not reading the Eurozone report......quell surprise .......