Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

26 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Alright fair enough it’s an interpretation I agree there. 

FWIW our Maude works for the NHS so it was in my best interest to vote leave based on What the leave party was promising, but as I’m a free thinker (😉eh Mounts) I concluded that it was bollocks and saw right through it. But not everyone can do that, they literally take what politicians say as gospel and both parties knew that.

Theres no doubt in my mind that that message on the bus swung undecided voters, especially if you rely heavy on the NHS. The message was very murky and a bit naughty, and probably not legal but it didn’t matter they knew that if it was right or wrong they got the message out there and it would be too late to do anything about it.

Its the same dangerous rhetoric when shite gets thrown over social media, if you’re not intelligent enough you’ll believe anything. 

Agreed pal 

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Wow .....fantastic Michael.....I've never seen that before.

Any chance of a pic showing the immediate deep economic recession after the vote and maybe one of the 500k immediate job losses ?

I'll hold my breath 😂

Never claimed that would happen. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nope can’t see it, it’s 2 simple statements, I’m not sure how folk somehow thought it would all be spent on the NHS as it says nothing of the sort. As it happens the Tory government are now embarking on a spending spree. It’s history now and whether folk originally believed it they had a second chance at the recent election to vote against Brexit and the public again voted to leave with eyes wide open and full knowledge that all that money wasn’t going to the NHS. Continuing to reap this up just make you look like sore losers.... which of course you are. 

Tories embarking on a spending spree? That’s not true is it. 

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Very true. Examples of this all over.

At least global warming is reducing icy days!

Which reminds me: the old chap who fell over after the Shrewsbury game is now walking fairly well after his new hip. Good service from the NHS; operated on morning after his fall, out after a few days, and follow up visits from district nurse/physio type folks. A good effort all round.

Good to hear! It's amazing how quickly they get you up and about after a hip op nowadays. Basically just coming around from the anaesthetic and the physios are trying to get you walking. They're bloody brutal! :)

25 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's not nonsense though is it? Did Javid say that NO government department would have their budgets cut? Of course he did and then he tells them that their budget will be cut by 5%. I'm not making it up as its there for everyone to see.

Changing the subject, as for the Eurozone I have not read up on it yet.

You're clinging on to any straw in the wind to justify yourself. The difference between you and most people is they (to greater and lesser degrees) feel loyal to a nation state as the natural unit of governance and economy. You have a completely unfathomable loyalty to a bureaucratic construct that is in the process of failing an entire continent. Bolton's answer to Guy Verhoefstadt. 

Nothing anybody ever says is going to persuade you otherwise and you will still be harping on in the 2030s irrespective of the evidence. 

Talking to you is an exercise in utter futility. I don't know why people bother and I shan't be from now on given that we are free of the EU and looking forward with optimism. You are Mr Yesterday.

Remoan, remoan, remoan. We're all doomed Captain Mainwaring.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

You're clinging on to any straw in the wind to justify yourself. The difference between you and most people is they (to greater and lesser degrees) feel loyal to a nation state as the natural unit of governance and economy. You have a completely unfathomable loyalty to a bureaucratic construct that is in the process of failing an entire continent. Bolton's answer to Guy Verhoefstadt. 

Nothing anybody ever says is going to persuade you otherwise and you will still be harping on in the 2030s irrespective of the evidence. 

Talking to you is an exercise in utter futility. I don't know why people bother and I shan't be from now on given that we are free of the EU and looking forward with optimism. You are Mr Yesterday.

And yet you keep talking to him.

You seem glad that he’s providing you with some sort of pressure relief for a huge build up of latent anger. 

Why are you so angry Paul? Speak to us, we can help. There’s nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about in here, we’re all on your side.

Be it a willy problem, or some form of domestic abuse you are unhappy about, feel free to share. We won’t judge, only support.

xxx

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve not ignored it just that I’ve not heard it raised on the programs I watch. I am sure it’ll be raised in the near future, and the question is are the 5% cuts justified and would like to hear that justification, if I don’t agree with it I’ll say exactly that.

So why say that there’s going to be a spending spree?

You’ve been fibbed to again. 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

And yet you keep talking to him.

You seem glad that he’s providing you with some sort of pressure relief for a huge build up of latent anger. 

Why are you so angry Paul? Speak to us, we can help. There’s nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about in here, we’re all on your side.

Be it a willy problem, or some form of domestic abuse you are unhappy about, feel free to share. We won’t judge, only support.

xxx

There are very few things in life genuinely worth getting angry about. Brazen democracy denying would be one. But even that's not worth it now we've left and the job is done. 

Not sure why you bother with all of the other personal stuff. It's the fourth or fifth time you've done it now. Water off a duck's back pal.

Enjoy Sunday afternoon and yesterday's win over Tranmere. Hopefully we beat France in the egg-chasing.

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

So why say that there’s going to be a spending spree?

You’ve been fibbed to again. 

I’ll decide that when I see what happens in reality and not from a report in the Liverpool echo or a post from mick the red.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

There are very few things in life genuinely worth getting angry about. Brazen democracy denying would be one. But even that's not worth it now we've left and the job is done. 

Not sure why you bother with all of the other personal stuff. It's the fourth or fifth time you've done it now. Water off a duck's back pal.

Enjoy Sunday afternoon and yesterday's win over Tranmere. Hopefully we beat France in the egg-chasing.

Losing your shit over someone who disagrees with you over a trading membership is seriously lame.

I voted leave and have accepted, reluctantly, that I won. I’ve not been given a medal or a trophy which I find a touch disappointing but a wins a win. Especially as a Bolton fan.

But I can see this is not only a close result, but has almost as many disadvantages as it does advantages. In such a scenario my brain is able to cope with this situation. Yours isn’t and you’re clearly not thick. 

You don’t have to agree with Mick, but you have to concede that the some of the points he makes are valid. Consider yourself 6-5 up and the ref is about to blow the whistle.

Im still worried about you.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Losing your shit over someone who disagrees with you over a trading membership is seriously lame.

I voted leave and have accepted, reluctantly, that I won. I’ve not been given a medal or a trophy which I find a touch disappointing but a wins a win. Especially as a Bolton fan.

But I can see this is not only a close result, but has almost as many disadvantages as it does advantages. In such a scenario my brain is able to cope with this situation. Yours isn’t and you’re clearly not thick. 

You don’t have to agree with Mick, but you have to concede that the some of the points he makes are valid. Consider yourself 6-5 up and the ref is about to blow the whistle.

Im still worried about you.

I did just explain that it was the democracy denying not the trading relationship. But you didn't listen. Never mind. 

You've never met me . Yet you are "worried about me". Now that really is seriously lame. 

Cut it out and enjoy Sunday afternoon. That's me off here for today. TTFN.

50 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Well don't talk to me then

39 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

You sound just like Mounts. “The job is done”. All you wanted is to leave. Whatever the cost. Let’s not actually consider the fact that the most important part lies ahead - negotiating a trade agreement (amongst other things) with our biggest trading partner and our geographic neighbours. But fuck it, that doesn’t actually matter, because we’re “out”.

35 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You sound just like Mounts. “The job is done”. All you wanted is to leave. Whatever the cost. Let’s not actually consider the fact that the most important part lies ahead - negotiating a trade agreement (amongst other things) with our biggest trading partner and our geographic neighbours. But fuck it, that doesn’t actually matter, because we’re “out”.

My opinion and I’m sure that of PH is same/similar is that a good trade deal will ensue it’s vital for both parties. We are certainly not fearful of the future unlike the mentalists who still wear the blue beret. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My opinion and I’m sure that of PH is same/similar is that a good trade deal will ensue it’s vital for both parties. We are certainly not fearful of the future unlike the mentalists who still wear the blue beret. 

I think the EU supporters are actually worried about the future of the EU.

It doesn't look very promising for the them right now does it to be honest ?

As well as the growth rate stagnating, theyll soon have to ask for a greater contribution from a lesser number of state members.

Those in the Leave camp know there's hell of a lot of work to be done, whereas those in the remain camp think staying in an ever decreasing club is a breeze in the park. They have many challenges ahead and boy,do they know it.