Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

38 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If Labour had enough decent policies, their supporters wouldn't be to bothered about flat decorating cost at Downing Street.

Tedious

You've swallowed Boris's arguement I see.

'Labour are shit therefore I should be allowed to be corrupt as fuck'

37 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I imagine the plan is to officially prove him lying, then it follows (in the voters' eyes) he was also lying about his lockdown comments and so on.

That is when he gets the no confidence vote and he's homeless again.

Then we’ll get, for example, Michael Gove and the attacks will start again, as that’s all they’ve got. What a relentless dirge of a party with nothing to offer.

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter
Just now, boltondiver said:

Then we’ll get, for example, Michael Give and the attacks will start again, as that’s all they’ve got. What a relentless dirge of a party with nothing to offer.

That’s been the case since Cromwell.

”Theyre shit, vote for us as we can’t possibly be worse”

”They were worse, vote us back in”

”They’re still shit, vote for us”

ad infinitum 

Just now, boltondiver said:

Then we’ll get, for example, Michael Give and the attacks will start again, as that’s all they’ve got. What a relentless dirge of a party with nothing to offer.

And still no concern that we're governed by a set of sleazy bastards?

Just that the opposition aren't very good?

Head in the sand.

1 hour ago, Nowack said:

How is a border between England and Scotland an issue? Genuine question, I get why the Ireland one is but this is completely different and could be easily dealt with in the same way other land borders are in Europe. 

If they get Independence and join the EU as they hope, then they would have to have a hard border too.

11 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Now then, I know you all like a little poser.....and no, that doesn't mean the hillbilly midget from Leigh.

If, and it is an if, if the Sweaties get Independence, how do they go about the border issue ?

The clowns up there have finally admitted to this issue re another hard border.

Any ideas class ? Over to you queens and queers .....spank me later x

Hills in Leigh ? It's flatter than the Netherlands, you little tinker.

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

And still no concern that we're governed by a set of sleazy bastards?

Just that the opposition aren't very good?

Head in the sand.

And the main opposition is also a set of sleazy bastards with 32 councillors and MPs under investigation for fraud and embezzlement.

You will no doubt bury your hand in the sand and say it is Whataboutery but it is a proven fact.

If Labour had decent folk like they had in the past when I voted for them regularly, I'm sure there would be more people like myself who could be swayed to vote for them again.

As it stands, I would currently abstain from voting for any party.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

And the main opposition is also a set of sleazy bastards with 32 councillors and MPs under investigation for fraud and embezzlement.

You will no doubt bury your hand in the sand and say it is Whataboutery but it is a proven fact.

If Labour had decent folk like they had in the past when I voted for them regularly, I'm sure there would be more people like myself who could be swayed to vote for them again.

Abstaining ought to be an X-in-the-box option. Not voting isn’t an abstention.

• Site Supporter

Labour are shite

The Tories are shite.

Thing is, the Tories are the ones running the show right now (and for the next few years), so they will invariably be the focus since what they do has an actual impact on our lives.

Labour are there, as the opposition, to call out the government for any wrong-doing. It is their job.

The amusing aspect to all this is folk still blindly backing Boris even though it's been obvious for ages that he's out of his depth. Just say he's shit.

I thought Santos was the worst defender to ever pull a white shirt on a few months back. He's made me swallow those words and then some since. I'm brave enough to admit I was wrong. Wrong, handsome bastard that I am.

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Well that's progress

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

I'll put up with a lot, but never, ever question my pitching skills. I've put up more tents than you've laid slates.

You'd have to have pitched a lot of tents Baden Powell 😉 

Approximately a 1,000 slates on an average terraced house, will let you do the figures of slates I've flattened over the years 🔨 

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Property prices that high that millions can’t buy a gaff? Missed that one 😎

I recall that he was sleeping in a Renault Espace after his missus kicked him out and Carrie also kicked him out after a domestic (where the police were called), a Times photographer snapped the inside of his car at the time.

Then he got the PM gig with the flat and the rest is history