Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics


miamiwhite

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

You said "[Just Stop Oil protestors] are usually middle class up their own arse wankers and wouldn't want any type of peasantry (wherever from) living next door to their mansions"

I asked how you knew that, and you said "Because I'm 65". That's all. Nothing to get worked up about.

You have twisted it again to try to make yourself look clever, it hasn't worked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nowack said:

Greg Hands "We had great candidates...ran great campaigns, the problem is that conservative voters couldn`t be arsed voting"

I paraphrase, but they really need to do better if they want to turn this round in twelve months.

I heard one of them saying today that if the Conservative voters had turned out, they would have held both seats. How the fuck, can you go on the radio and spout that utter shit, and not expect ridicule

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nowack said:

Greg Hands "We had great candidates...ran great campaigns, the problem is that conservative voters couldn`t be arsed voting"

I paraphrase, but they really need to do better if they want to turn this round in twelve months.

The Tory message is as usual blaming someone/something else.

It is now the fault of their own supporters who did not support them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Does this mean that the Tories are now so shit, that one Tory cannot convince another Tory, who’s proper Tory and hates the reds, to go and put an X in a box that would mean a victory for a Tory?

Fucking state

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whenever there’s a defeat, by any party, they try and find some positives from it. To be honest, even if these results were overturned at the next election, I very much doubt it would make any difference. There are hundreds of seats with much smaller majorities that Labour would win. Enough to form a government. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Whenever there’s a defeat, by any party, they try and find some positives from it. To be honest, even if these results were overturned at the next election, I very much doubt it would make any difference. There are hundreds of seats with much smaller majorities that Labour would win. Enough to form a government. 

I would expect any party that wants me to vote for them to show a bit of humility and accept that they need to make changes and will be doing so, especially if I have a track record of supporting them. Not blaming me for not getting of my arse and putting an x in a box. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Whenever there’s a defeat, by any party, they try and find some positives from it. To be honest, even if these results were overturned at the next election, I very much doubt it would make any difference. There are hundreds of seats with much smaller majorities that Labour would win. Enough to form a government. 

surely "we'd have won, if our voters had bothered voting" isn't that much of a positive is it?

I do suspect that at the next GE, they'll be undone by their own voters refusing to vote for them, as opposed to switching their votes over to Labour. Even dyed in the wool Tory supporters are saying they can't vote for this lot. TO be honest, they do need to be booted out, so that they can reset......although when Sunak is turfed out, and replaced by Braverman, I'm not sure that's the reset that many would be hoping for.

Sadly, this will be the first GE, that my vote won't go Tory, and that makes me a bit sad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

surely "we'd have won, if our voters had bothered voting" isn't that much of a positive is it?

I do suspect that at the next GE, they'll be undone by their own voters refusing to vote for them, as opposed to switching their votes over to Labour. Even dyed in the wool Tory supporters are saying they can't vote for this lot. TO be honest, they do need to be booted out, so that they can reset......although when Sunak is turfed out, and replaced by Braverman, I'm not sure that's the reset that many would be hoping for.

Sadly, this will be the first GE, that my vote won't go Tory, and that makes me a bit sad

BUT YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THEIR MANIFESTO YET YOU BIG BOLLOCKS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Whenever there’s a defeat, by any party, they try and find some positives from it. To be honest, even if these results were overturned at the next election, I very much doubt it would make any difference. There are hundreds of seats with much smaller majorities that Labour would win. Enough to form a government. 

Aye. Nailed it. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

BUT YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THEIR MANIFESTO YET YOU BIG BOLLOCKS

Like all Brits, I saw their last one and it bore no resemblance to the reality that ensued.

Are you suggesting that hollow promises and lies will have a greater influence on voter behaviour than performance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

You have twisted it again to try to make yourself look clever, it hasn't worked

He's really not, its really quite simple what his point is - even if you don't like it.

Of course opinions are valid, but to state that everyone who is part of Just Stop Oil has a mansion (or is thereby implied that they are all middle class, affluent people without anything else to concern themsleves with) without ever having met a single member of the group isn't simply just an opinion. It's conjecture. A supposition based on nothing at all, even if you add in 'it's my opinion' at the end and have lived a long-ish life.

Hope this clears it up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Nowack said:

Redwood now saying we need to give our voters something to come out and vote for, like stopping the immigrants and cutting taxes. They are clearly going to lurch further to the right in a vain hope it will save them.

I suspect they'll be cutting taxes as a sweetener in the next budget (knowing they don't have to deal with the fall out and financial black hole it'll leave)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nowack said:

Redwood now saying we need to give our voters something to come out and vote for, like stopping the immigrants and cutting taxes. They are clearly going to lurch further to the right in a vain hope it will save them.

They are backing themselves into a tighter corner, the people to the right are probably more pissed off with them as any other.  They are chasing increasingly small niches whilst losing their core support. 
Labour have been accused of losing touch with their heartland the Tories are doing the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

He's really not, its really quite simple what his point is - even if you don't like it.

Of course opinions are valid, but to state that everyone who is part of Just Stop Oil has a mansion (or is thereby implied that they are all middle class, affluent people without anything else to concern themsleves with) without ever having met a single member of the group isn't simply just an opinion. It's conjecture. A supposition based on nothing at all, even if you add in 'it's my opinion' at the end and have lived a long-ish life.

Hope this clears it up.

 

As no one has commented on LW’s post, can we all just agree that they are wankers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

I haven't twisted anything. That's exactly how it went. 🤷‍♂️

Nope, this is exactly how it went

I asked how you knew that, and you said "Because I'm 65". That's all.

This is what I said - My opinion taken from my 65 years of life

But never mind you keep writing what you want to make you feel good, and why does there have to be a debate every time somebody like you or that other argumentative fuckwit LW don't like

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I heard one of them saying today that if the Conservative voters had turned out, they would have held both seats. How the fuck, can you go on the radio and spout that utter shit, and not expect ridicule

 

I’m amazed anyone actually votes for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.