Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Surely you were aware that there would be some turbulence?

It has not been as cataclysmic as Osborne confidently asserted it would be, nor was it immediate.

But the strongest negotiating pose was/is politically unacceptable - the Trump position of walk away and let them stew, realising they have needs too.

No UK party could do that, and indeed whoever leads the way will find the next GE difficult - even against JC.

But however difficult leaving now may be it would become ever more difficult in future as the European Federation project continues to progress inexorably.

In recent years UK has seriously cut down on teaching modern languages, yet the need is and will be greater than for quite some years. Just as university education in England was limited to two centres while the rest of the world (not least Scotland) expanded. There is a reason why every British ship had a Scottish engineer - they were providing them through their education system when England was not.

Fair points Malc.

As I've said, I'm no fan of the EU and whilst I expected some turbulence I also thought it may be a wake up call for an organisation that needs a rethink.

However, the whole thing has turned into a complete clusterfuck and in the real world we are are already being fucked over.

This is the bit that Mounts will not accept. It is happening now.

People of my "ilk" are the ones who actually have to sort this fucking misery out whilst Mounts is halfway to Spain to spend his pension. It's a piece of piss to say we'll sort it out if you're pontificating over a pint of San Miguel whilst watching it unravel on Sky News. 

What has pissed me off most of all is the smug as fuck attitude of people who don't have to deal with it all. I can deal with hassle, what makes my shit itch are people telling me I'm British and that's enough. It's got fuck all to do with being British and everything to do with running a business with people who aren't.

Being a smug cunt solves nothing. 

Fair points Malc.

As I've said, I'm no fan of the EU and whilst I expected some turbulence I also thought it may be a wake up call for an organisation that needs a rethink.

However, the whole thing has turned into a complete clusterfuck and in the real world we are are already being fucked over.

People of my "ilk" are the ones who actually have to sort this fucking misery out whilst Mounts is halfway to Spain to spend his pension. It's a piece of piss to say we'll sort it out if you're pontificating over a pint of San Miguel whilst watching it unravel on Sky News.

What has pissed me off most of all is the smug as fuck attitude of people who don't have to deal with it all. I can deal with hassle, what makes my shit itch are people telling me I'm British and that's enough. It's got fuck all to do with being British and everything to do with running a business with people who aren't.

Spider, surely some businesses have boomed though because of Brexit? If they have then obviously it’s not bad for everyone.

• Moderators

I'd say plenty businesses are doing well regardless but would be surprised if any are booming as a direct result of Brexit

Then again wouldn't be surprised if someone spotted a niche to exploit and has cashed in

Am all ears

The businesses that have benefitted since the vote are those that earn most of their profit outside of the UK. They benefit from a weak pound whereas those businesses that are predominantly UK based will have lost out. Ironically the former are more susceptible to the trade wars that are brewing around the world so there could be no real winners at all

• Site Supporter

Spider, surely some businesses have boomed though because of Brexit? If they have then obviously it’s not bad for everyone.

We were doing fine

But the reality has kicked in.

Like Zico says, someone somewhere will benefit. That’s all part of the tapestry though innit?

I voted leave, so shouldn’t complain. I probably wouldn’t if Bolts and Mounts weren’t telling me it’s tough shit and that it will all be ok when quite obviously it isn’t.

But we’re all in it together so let’s put our shoulders to the wheel. (Unless you’re abroad, of course).

I don’t believe project fear while you seem to take everything spouted as gospel. I trust in our country and our people to make a success out of Brexit, in fact I think we will thrive.

You take the fearful and negative alternative point of view to me and that says something about you and your ilk.

This is nothing to do with Brexit and more about your headset. Enjoy the negativity you deserve it.

My 'ilk', my 'headset'? Again, presumptuous. I'm actually one of the most positive folk around and will employ this during what's looking likely to be a cleanup (in the aftermath of actually leaving). Hedgefund cunts, like Farage, will also clean up, in a different definition, whatever the outcome. I make my own mind up about things based on real evidence, such as testimonies like Spider's and Sweep's, I haven't paid much mind to the so-called 'Project Fear' nor to 'Project Ostrich (incorporating Send The Buggers Back Ltd.)'... Edited by Youri McAnespie

My ilk, my headset? Again, presumptuous. I'm one of the most positive folk around and will employ this during what looking likely to be the cleanup in the aftermath. Hedgefund cunts, like Farage, will also clean up, in a different definition, whatever the outcome. I make my own mind up about things based on real evidence, such a testimonies like Spider's and Sweep's, I haven't paid much mind to the so-called 'Project Fear' nor to 'Project Ostrich (incorporating send the buggers back)'...

Positive? Aftermath what aftermath? You seem to have a view that we are heading into a nuclear winter, hows that positive? Brexit fear will end up like the 2000 bug in 10 years time it’s utterly pathetic that some folk paint a picture that we willl be a 3rd world country to fit their agenda.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

We were doing fine

Like Zico says, someone somewhere will benefit. That’s all part of the tapestry though innit?

I voted leave, so shouldn’t complain. I probably wouldn’t if Bolts and Mounts weren’t telling me it’s tough shit and that it will all be ok when quite obviously it isn’t.

But we’re all in it together so let’s put our shoulders to the wheel. (Unless you’re abroad, of course).

Fair dos mate, I hope it all picks up for you.

fit their agenda.

I've noticed people saying this a lot on here lately. It's one of those trite phrases that sounds like it probably means something intelligent but doesn't really make any sense.

I must have been told I've got an agenda about ten times on here over the past couple of months. Fuck knows what it is so I wish someone would tell me :)

Your agenda is to promote a second referendum followed by the establishment of a communist vegan state that has the compulsory promotion of homosexuality and radical feminism in kindergartens (and schools, colleges, universities, adult learning centres, workplaces and care homes)...

As do I (have that agenda)

Precisely - and when me and my comrades sat about in our kaftans discussing how to push our agenda - we concluded that the best place to sew the seeds of our new revolution was via posting bollocks on an internet football forum. It was Che Guevara's idea initially - lifted from The Bolivian Diaries.

• Members

So is illness and death (part of life's tapestry) - but one doesn't go about smoking asbestos bongs or slipping arsenic into the tea of one's nearest and dearest.

As Spider says, this downturn will be self-inflicted and avoidable.

If it goes to shit it'll somehow be the fault of 'remain' to the number of Brexiters who are so entrenched.

I'm fucking sick to the back teeth of the real moaning c*nts, usually, though not exclusively, those of the older generation who think the present (or near past) is shite and who look at the past through rose-tinted 'front door unlocked' spectacles...

Posters like Gonzo and Birch often prick this nostalgic bubble of bollocks and I always silently applaud when they do.

Like the days of; weekly baths, chippy tea 'treats' (because of poverty not waistline), bell-bottoms, Brady and Hindley and casual racism was some halcyon era never to be surpassed, but perhaps maybe emulated given enough 'shoot ourselves in the foot' politicising and social movements...

Serious question. Have you ever been sectioned?

Edited by bolty58

• Members

Fair points Malc.

Neither does being a hysterical fucking fanny but crack on.

• Members

We were doing fine

As pointed out many times, I have various interests in the UK including extensive family. Most are leavers anyway so you could say they will get what they deserve.

I hope so. What they deserve is increased prosperity and a Britain for Britons (not white supremacists before you fucking start - all Britons of whatever hue as long as they assimilate). An end to unfettered immigration and improvements to controlled immigration ending all health tourism and economic migration. UK laws for UK people. Trade with the whole world established by Brits.

The future is bright.

• Members

Precisely - and when me and my comrades sat about in our kaftans discussing how to push our agenda - we concluded that the best place to sew the seeds of our new revolution was via posting bollocks on an internet football forum. It was Che Guevara's idea initially - lifted from The Bolivian Diaries.

FFS, don't encourage him by giving any credence to his maniacal rantings. It's like a permanent acid trip.