Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

41 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

James O'Brien nails it:

Check out @LBC’s Tweet:

Why does he only link politicians who campaigned leave with inherited wealth, private education and privilege? I’m sure there was just as many with inherited wealth, privilege and private education on the remain side. 

39 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Well said that man! 

Well said my arse. He’s advocating a reversal of a democratic vote, he continues to spread utter bullshit about lies and that voters were somehow conned or too thick to understand what they voted for, he’s the modern day lord haw haw,  a complete and utter bell end. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Well said my arse. He’s advocating a reversal of a democratic vote, he continues to spread utter bullshit about lies and that voters were somehow conned or too thick to understand what they voted for, he’s the modern day lord haw haw,  a complete and utter bell end. 

Which Brexit did you vote for? There were so many choices so take your pick

9 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Which Brexit did you vote for? There were so many choices so take your pick

I’d go as soft a Brexit as TM deal minus the back stop, but would prefer our government to go for a harder deal, wto or just a free trade agreement wouldn’t worry me at all.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

8 hours ago, Spider said:

Ireland is probably the EU’s strongest supporter, based entirely on the massive amount of funding they get.

They'd be the last to leave. 

Just watch S. We’ve both got many mates there...yours are business colleagues, mine are lifelong friends.

Business relationships are a whole lot different from lifelong friends....like I say...just watch what happens, like in France...they were a big supporter two years ago weren’t they :D

Ireland ! They’ve had enough.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d go as soft a Brexit as TM deal minus the back stop, but would prefer our government to go for a harder deal, wto or just a free trade agreement wouldn’t worry me at all.

That's fine but the point James was making that your Brexit as you described it is not the Brexit that others wanted or were promised. I posted a few pages back about 6 pre referendum lies or promises that could not have been possible. My m-i-l voted for Brexit because, as a volunteer in the WI cafe at Salford Royal, she thought the NHS was getting £m more in funding and now she feels beyrayed by the lies. She is not alone

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

That's fine but the point James was making that your Brexit as you described it is not the Brexit that others wanted or were promised. I posted a few pages back about 6 pre referendum lies or promises that could not have been possible. My m-i-l voted for Brexit because, as a volunteer in the WI cafe at Salford Royal, she thought the NHS was getting £m more in funding and now she feels beyrayed by the lies. She is not alone

Pete, I’m sorry mate and I really like you as a person.....but you’re using more family examples than The Waltons.

They could be true pal, but it makes not a jot of difference to the outcome here.

We are leaving the EU regardless of what you say.

Enjoy the future fella and more importantly, enjoy the Bank Holiday. I’m off to get tipsy now

Ho Ho Ho Chi Minh :D

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Is that all you can say ?

What’s your solution clever clogs !

People in the field have already said the technology exists, and just needs tweaking. The latest version of the WA included the sorting of this within it.

I put it on here a while ago, though I couldn't remember the bloke's name. He was the expert.

However, as usual, negativity abounds.

I can't imagine Mercedes formula one team developing their new car, then saying we'd better not bother because someone dug part of the track up.

27 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Pete, I’m sorry mate and I really like you as a person.....but you’re using more family examples than The Waltons.

They could be true pal, but it makes not a jot of difference to the outcome here.

We are leaving the EU regardless of what you say.

Enjoy the future fella and more importantly, enjoy the Bank Holiday. I’m off to get tipsy now

Ho Ho Ho Chi Minh :D

Likewise Si, you can come round ask everyone yourself if you don't believe me. I am not questioning whether we will leave or not, my point is that many voters, in the end, were so confused as to what Brexit in the end they were being offered. 

Enjoy your drink mate

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

Likewise Si, you can come round ask everyone yourself if you don't believe me. I am not questioning whether we will leave or not, my point is that many voters, in the end, were so confused as to what Brexit in the end they were being offered. 

Enjoy your drink mate

17.4m confused punters?

Sorry, I'm not buying it!

57 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

He’s a tit, he just wants to reverse Brexit, like that’s a better option than what folk voted for. 

9 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I sad 'many' not all

How many are brainwashed into thinking that the EU is a good thing?

17 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

17.4m confused punters?

Sorry, I'm not buying it!

How about the confused remainers who think the world will end when we leave, some saying Brexiteers taking their freedom to go to Europe like they won’t be able to work or visit if we leave, delusional. 

8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

How many are brainwashed into thinking that the EU is a good thing?

I don't know anyone that doesn't think the EU needs reforming, my stance has been consistent in that we will be better off in the EU than out of it. All leavers can offer are promises with no guarantees and you can't pay bills with promises

11 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I don't know anyone that doesn't think the EU needs reforming, my stance has been consistent in that we will be better off in the EU than out of it. All leavers can offer are promises with no guarantees and you can't pay bills with promises

And, for the nth time; it wasn’t about money for “many”!