Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, miamiwhite said:

I take it you didn’t see Ani’s post from last night mate :D

Even though Ani’s post was all over the media last week, the vast majority of Leave voters are aghast over her previous form and want no connection whatsoever with that vile cow.

She’s a horrible cow and I hope I speak on behalf of everybody on here.

But why is she being allowed to stand? He does himself no favours

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

But why is she being allowed to stand? He does himself no favours

I can’t  speak for him, but if I was running the show, she wouldn’t get a sniff in.

She’s a vile cow regardless of her ‘I don’t hold these views these days”

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I take it you didn’t see Ani’s post from last night mate :D

Even though Ani’s post was all over the media last week, the vast majority of Leave voters are aghast over her previous form and want no connection whatsoever with that vile cow.

She’s a horrible cow and I hope I speak on behalf of everybody on here.

I haven't scrolled back mate and i wholeheartedly agree with you

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

I haven't scrolled back mate and i wholeheartedly agree with you

Thanks mate.

She is disgusting.

I have now ordered a “Welcome to Bolton Tommy” flag for you for Saturday, that’s £75 you owe me :D

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Not got a thread for this, so stick it on here.

And he’s a doctor :D

That is indeed hilarious. 

If he was a Brexiter, he'd have gone through with it anyway, then claimed that having his arse skin torn off, as he was crushed behind the door, felt absolutely fantastic.

Edited by Cheese

“We finally turned them into a colony,” one grinning Verhofstadt aide says of Britain, “and that was our plan from the first moment.”

Just wondering what people thought about Question Time last night ? 

Farage on the panel. Battered everyone else when it came the rhetoric but looked totally lost when it came to detail. ‘We do not a policy on that but I think...’

audience were interesting clearly a lot pissed off about the lack of progress. Both major parties in a hole. Biggest cheers of the night , surprisingly, was when the Change woman said she supported immigration. 

Some knobheads in the audience especially the woman who called all politicians a bunch of Jeremy Hunts. 

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

Farage on the panel. Battered everyone else when it came the rhetoric but looked totally lost when it came to detail. ‘We do not a policy on that but I think...’

audience were interesting clearly a lot pissed off about the lack of progress. Both major parties in a hole. Biggest cheers of the night , surprisingly, was when the Change woman said she supported immigration. 

Some knobheads in the audience especially the woman who called all politicians a bunch of Jeremy Hunts. 

Well it was just embarrassing. Farage just offering plain rhetoric and populism up. Easy to get cheers by repeatedly saying politicians are the problem. Yet when it came down to a) offering a solution to the Irish border problem b) actual policy c) facts about world trade and d) being honest about what he said in the past - Farage failed all points miserably.

People with any intelligence would immediately see that. But sadly Farage has always based his career on appealing to the lowest common denominators. 

You can contrast with John Mills - who is a Labour Brexiteer - who also had no facts or details but at least refrained from the populist rhetoric. 

Soubry is articulate and intelligent but needed to actually prepare better for it and write down quotes. The Labour bloke - did his best - its hard to pretend that you're the party bridging remain and leave when in reality you're just as split as everyone else and trying to fudge it. Amber Rudd was good but saddled with the mess of being in government and thus little if any credibility. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

• Members
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

“We finally turned them into a colony,” one grinning Verhofstadt aide says of Britain, “and that was our plan from the first moment.”

At least give them credit for some honesty for once. No doubt this makes sycophantic Remainers moist.

• Members
27 minutes ago, Ani said:

Watching the build up to EU Elections from a distance. Is it likely that the Brexit Party will get a landslide of votes from frustrated Leavers and the Illiberal Undemocrats a shedload from frustrating Remainers?

Likely to be lean pickings for the former duopoly?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Watching the build up to EU Elections from a distance. Is it likely that the Brexit Party will get a landslide of votes from frustrated Leavers and the Illiberal Undemocrats a shedload from frustrating Remainers?

Likely to be lean pickings for the former duopoly?

Pretty much.

As for the brexit party; they're clearly a one issue group and will exist as long as we're in.

Don't see them being around to challenge in the general election, and as such don't really expect them to have much of anything in terms of policies. They're not even in a position to undertake withdrawal negotiations, but maybe in a position to create holy hell from within.

TM lack of spine and screechers created the conditions for their existence. With some contribution from extreme brexiteers, though at least their aim fulfills the referendum result.

Unfortunately now, this shit is going to run over too close to the next election, and poison it.

Which could well leave another government without a majority and more political fuckwittery.

TM needs to go urgently- if she genuinely does want the best for her party and the country.

Corbyn's shenanigans need tackling full on- on all manner of issues and we need a strong leader to get brexit done, then get to the proper business of ensuring he gets no where near no10.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Guy Verhofstadt is an MEP. Just like our Nigel Farage. That quote is the opinion of an aide to one MEP out of 751 in the EU Parliament.

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Guy Verhofstadt is an MEP. Just like our Nigel Farage. That quote is the opinion of an aide to one MEP out of 751 in the EU Parliament.

True, but the bit about that being the plan suggests it was a bit more than the musings of a single loon.

On 08/05/2019 at 20:12, boltondiver said:

Why are ChangeUk called that; it seems they want us to remain unchanged

I thought the same, what are they changing? They are batting for the status quo.

They should be called, No Change Uk.

Labour should be called, No Labour

Liberal Democrats should be called Liberal UnDemocrats 

7 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

I thought the same, what are they changing? They are batting for the status quo.

They should be called, No Change Uk.

Labour should be called, No Labour

Liberal Democrats should be called Liberal UnDemocrats 

I suppose they want to change the farce that is the Conservative and the Labour parties at the moment