Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t agree that he broke the law, there is no doubt the Supreme Court decision was politically motivated. We need an election so the people can speak. 

Which of the judgement do you disagree with and what is the legal basis for your view ? 

Just now, TM Trotter said:

You might say it is a bit difficult for MPs to act on anything when we're in an age where the Prime Minister is happy to illegally silence parliamentary debate to achieve his own political ambition?

Leave voting constituencies whose MPs are actively campaigning to remain is the problem. 

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t agree that he broke the law, there is no doubt the Supreme Court decision was politically motivated. We need an election so the people can speak. 

Brilliant. The classic Brexit response. You are fed so much absolute nonsense its no wonder. 11 judges unanimously say he did. Its a fact now. Not something to have an opinion on. 

21 minutes ago, Spider said:

He fucking lied to the queen.

i expect Bolty here in 48 hours to take him to the tower.

the QUEEN.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Boris lied to the queen officially.

The man is a liar. Surely cannot be considered British anymore. An enemy of the state. 

Can you show me in the judgement where that is stated ?

30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Some bloke from Bolton knows more than the highest court in the land?

There’s no debating with that level of dulusion. 

No offence like Mounts. 

32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve had an election to sort out BREXIT, it backfired on the Tories 

How many elections do you want? 

Keep going until you get your way? 

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Some bloke from Bolton knows more than the highest court in the land?

There’s no debating with that level of dulusion. 

No offence like Mounts. 

Salford thanks. 👍 

I’m allowed an opinion wherever I’m from. 

No offence taken .👍

Edited by Mounts Kipper

This is the Supreme Court. When people start casting doubt on their judgement because of your political affiliations then we're all on dangerous ground. They are the arbiter - above political considerations.

If you're a Brexiteer and attempting to take the moral high ground on democracy - then you have to accept the ruling of an independent judiciary - whether it suits your agenda or not. 

Otherwise your 'bastion of democracy' argument becomes obsolete.

What a fucking mess though!

Just now, kent_white said:

This is the Supreme Court. When people start casting doubt on their judgement because of your political affiliations then we're all on dangerous ground. They are the arbiter - above political considerations.

If you're a Brexiteer and attempting to take the moral high ground on democracy - then you have to accept the ruling of an independent judiciary - whether it suits your agenda or not. 

Otherwise your 'bastion of democracy' argument becomes obsolete.

What a fucking mess though!

Of course you have to accept the Supreme Court ruling but it does not stop anyone questioning the impartiality of the Supreme Court. 

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

Forget Leave/Remain do nt people think it is good that the PM can not just shut down parliament ? 

We are in uncharted waters, effectively now no one is running the country

What happens next is unknown, but surely we, the people, need to elect a group of MP’s who represents the current will of the Electorate and we need to do this as soon as possible 

If we don’t shut Parliament down now till the GE takes place Anarchy will be possible 

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

Forget Leave/Remain do nt people think it is good that the PM can not just shut down parliament ? 

I'm not sure.

The court has ruled that he/shecan't shut down parliament when the court decides he/she can't, but at other times, can. Its a strange ruling TBH, as it doesn't state for instance can they do this when Brexit isn't happening, or is this a permamnet thing. It doesnt state  maximum period of prorog available.

Its something thats done every single year (with the exception of the last two years).

My main gripe (if thats the right word) is that those complaing of the 5 week prorog were happy that it was closed for 4 of those weeks already, and had made no motions or mentions to cancel these meetings and contine parliamentary sessions.

(yes I understand the difference between recess and prorog).

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Salford thanks. 👍 

I’m allowed an opinion wherever I’m from. 

No offence taken .👍

I absolutely defend your right to have your opinion but the highest court in the land has shared its legal ruling too and Johnson categorically broke the law! No ifs or buts, he broke the law and if you do that you should pay the price