Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

I don't think anyone has an issue with you having an opinion, you are getting abuse for spouting utter bollocks. Anyone on here that spouts bollocks will get called out. It's full of grown ups, essentially. Welcome to the real world. Tldr; don't spout bollocks.

Oh the irony!

I used to call you out for talking bollocks, especially when you weren't there! Then I get warned & put on MOD review!

What a hypocrite, maybe you should be one of these grown ups you talk about?

Unless it had losses carried forward from previous to offset against the tax possibly?

That would have been a valid point if it had been trading in the past but I did specifically mention in my post that the company (Inner Circle Sports and Media had not previously traded) and was shown as being dormant.

that the Andersons are the ones benefiting from the consultancy fee

If you mean specifically Ken and Lee Anderson specifically then nobody actually KNOWS that to be the case because that information as not been put into the public domain.

You may well be right in thinking he/they has/have - but then again you might be a million miles out and he/they have not.

Nobody knows (apart from those involved).

And if you or anyone else keeps thinking/saying they definitely did until the cows came home - it still wouldn't prove a thing - you/they are only guessing and will remain guessing until the facts are provided one way or the other.

Fucking hell.

I can't believe we're still having this discussion.

I've been out since the afternoon and thought it only respectful to reply to those who had raised a point to something I had said.

I'm sorry if my intended good manners have some how upset you.

It was certainly not my intent.

Also paying money to another company you own is not avoiding paying tax as suggested above. The company in receipt of it will be required tax on the money if they make a profit on it (and that would have happened on the KA company it was paid into as before the payment it was showed as dormant).

Oh dear!

You've gave it the big'un before when talking about finances & running companies.

1. Income tax rate for higher tax payers?

2. Corporate tax rate for a company?

3. Divedend tax rate?

Do the Math!

Tax avoidance

Oh dear!

You've gave it the big'un before when talking about finances & running companies.

1. Income tax rate for higher tax payers?

2. Corporate tax rate for a company?

3. Divedend tax rate?

Do the Math!

Tax avoidance

He's domiciled in Switzerland.

He may even be a 'non dom' for all we know - if so Swiss tax laws will benefit him far beyond having to try to avoid paying tax on a piddly half million over here - which I remind you as yet to be proven was for anything other than consultancy services in which he may have never been involved personally in.

Half Baked, going off Half Cocked, whilst being Half Cut again no doubt.

Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Bolton Whites Hotel have issued the following statement:

"As you may be aware, Bolton Whites Hotel are currently involved in a dispute with Special Catering Services (SCC/Heathcotes).

"This dispute has been brought about by a number of recent serious breaches of the agreement by SCC, which they have not rectified.

"The Agreement clearly sets out the procedures in the event of a dispute, but unfortunatelyS CC chose not to follow these procedures.

"Accordingly, following their actions yesterday, which were a further breach of the agreement, we have instructed our lawyers to terminate the agreement.

"We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused our valued clientele and can assure you we are doing everything possible to limit the inconvenience.

"As this dispute is now in the hands of our legal advisors, no further statements will be issued on this matter at this time."

I mean we're broadly in agreement on KA. I was just pointing out that there was for the majority of PG's time here a subtle difference in that PG was an employee of a premiership football club. Paid a salary to do a job set by ED. Whereas KA is the owner. It does somewhat tilt the discussion.

PG having a £500K salary for running a 40M plus pound business on behalf of ED vs KA taking out £750K from an £8.3M league one business whilst also being the majority shareholder.

The two are not in any real way equivalent. Gartside deserved his salary because it was what was agreed by his boss. Whether he backed that up in success or not is a different conversation. Presumably he did what ED wanted or he wouldn't have remained in the role.

However, it is entirely different to now and I don't think provides a justification (or otherwise) for the current situation.

Ken is needed. His work here is needed. And as above anyone who thinks he'd do it for free is bonkers. At the same time the level he's taken out seems high, especially considering that he will profit IF his hard work results in the club being sold.

It’s well known that PG did an awful lot of work on other schemes whilst BWFC chair. A certain critique is that he concentrated on ttheyvway too much in his latter years

It could be seen in CompaniesHouse

Many were “linked” to BWFC of course

Not a huge thing for me but this working til 10/11 every night on the “club” as an employee isn’t right for all of his tenure

I have no issue with PG BTW

Also the comment on turnover versus money that person earns isn’t anything like the most important factor - a great MD should earn more if he runs it well not improves revenues. Actually revenues and turnover are probably what he directly has least influence on. Supplier and player contracts the opposite

Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Bolton Whites Hotel have issued the following statement:

"As you may be aware, Bolton Whites Hotel are currently involved in a dispute with Special Catering Services (SCC/Heathcotes).

"This dispute has been brought about by a number of recent serious breaches of the agreement by SCC, which they have not rectified.

"The Agreement clearly sets out the procedures in the event of a dispute, but unfortunatelyS CC chose not to follow these procedures.

"Accordingly, following their actions yesterday, which were a further breach of the agreement, we have instructed our lawyers to terminate the agreement.

"We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused our valued clientele and can assure you we are doing everything possible to limit the inconvenience.

"As this dispute is now in the hands of our legal advisors, no further statements will be issued on this matter at this time."

Only speculating but I guess that could see the catering contract and asssociated income come back in-house, or at least putting it back up for tender and maybe getting a better deal than what Heathcotes were paying.

Looks like we might be on crisp butties int LOV this season!

I’m not sure the original deal was as bad as folk on here made out

If I recall they kicked back 20% of turnover to the club?

If you think of a pint of Fosters at £4.50 in the ESL, the club got £0.90 and Heathcoats get the other £3.60. By the time they have fucked about getting a load of agency staff in, paid the brewery and all the duty that goes with it I don’t think they would have been making massive profits

You only need to look at the way the Heathcoat business has gone to see that they have struggled to make any money

Either way, I doubt we will be able to re negotiate it with another firm and get much more, 25% perhaps, maybe 30% if we are really lucky. I’m sure some folk expected us to get 50% share of revenue without a thought for costs of running it all.

IMO of course

Edited by birch-chorley

Who wants a wrap and twice cooked fries served on a slate for £12 anyway before a game? Weirdos

Decent ale on tap, instead of 8 pasties in the north and east only, fill the hotel with Carrs pasties, barms and peas. Few Aussie crunch for the kids

The club and hotel will make an absolute fortune

He's domiciled in Switzerland.

He may even be a 'non dom' for all we know - if so Swiss tax laws will benefit him far beyond having to try to avoid paying tax on a piddly half million over here - which I remind you as yet to be proven was for anything other than consultancy services in which he may have never been involved personally in.

Half Baked, going off Half Cocked, whilst being Half Cut again no doubt.

I can't say I know, nor care about KA's tax status, though if he is a non-dom, it was my understanding that even they are liable for UK tax from UK income.

You have more time on your hands to look into these things than I, so feel free & let the class know.

FWIW, just for clarity, I don't care if he has or hasn't paid himself this way. If he has, fair enough, I think he's doing a good job in difficult circumstances & I am far from being a KA basher.

It’s well known that PG did an awful lot of work on other schemes whilst BWFC chair. A certain critique is that he concentrated on ttheyvway too much in his latter years

It could be seen in CompaniesHouse

Many were “linked” to BWFC of course

Not a huge thing for me but this working til 10/11 every night on the “club” as an employee isn’t right for all of his tenure

I have no issue with PG BTW

Also the comment on turnover versus money that person earns isn’t anything like the most important factor - a great MD should earn more if he runs it well not improves revenues. Actually revenues and turnover are probably what he directly has least influence on. Supplier and player contracts the opposite

At one point he worked on his own business in Australia for a portion of the year. He gave that up as the demands of Burnden Leisure and ED became greater. He wasn’t as you say working full time on football matters of course.

I was just really distinguishing an employee CEO to a majority shareholder. There is a difference.