Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

• Moderators

With all due respect.

Nobody will remember when you say “Do you remember that day when we stayed up at Burton?”

Who the fuck are Burton?

Enough said.

How has it got to this?

Makes no difference had it been someone like Villa away

We’ve gone spineless and soft. The manager can’t get them out of this malaise.

This is a massive game and the Barnsley midweek match could just lump a load more pressure on it for both sides.

Three sides playing for one place.

Simple we need to beat Burton no excuses ! Unfortunately we don't look capable of winning another game tbh.

You obviously didn't go to Barnsley. We outplayed them in the second half and but for an injury time lapse we would have won. No reason we can't go to Burton and win. Total over reaction to yesterday's defeat. What did people expect.

This will be intense. Wish I could be there.

Confident we won't lose.

The problem is as we’ve seen in recent weeks performances, our players on the whole couldn’t spell intense never mind play like it. We’ve got a massive problem we don’t look like scoring we do look like conceding and our midfield 2 look like they should join a walking football club on Zimmer frames. Edited by Mounts Kipper

You obviously didn't go to Barnsley. We outplayed them in the second half and but for an injury time lapse we would have won. No reason we can't go to Burton and win. Total over reaction to yesterday's defeat. What did people expect.

Damage limitation was the minimum

We rolled over and let them tickle our belly

Half time at Barnsley we were dead and buried but came out and battered them. We are not the team of flakey quitters some are claiming.

Hope your right it’s time for the players to stand up not the fans, the fans have done their bit all season, the players need to look at themselves in the mirror and put in 2 big performances.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

The problem is as we’ve seen in recent weeks performances, our players on the whole couldn’t spell intense never mind play like it. We’ve got a massive problem we don’t look like scoring we do look like conceding and our midfield 2 look like they should join a walking football club on Zimmer frames.

I agree  Henry lacks movement, but his job is to sit and break play up. But Pratley, zimmer frame please, he covers more ground than anyone else.

I agree Henry lacks movement, but his job is to sit and break play up. But Pratley, zimmer frame please, he covers more ground than anyone else.

That’s right

I can see Mounts’ point though, as in when we do go forward they both tend to sit and we have very few options / support. I suppose in the 5 man midfield, the point man ahead of them is supposed to do that. However, Vela is bang out of form, Clough not really being used and seems (understandably) bereft of confidence etc

In a 4 man midfield, you need more from the wide players and/or one of the central pairing had to bust a gut to get ahead of his man but then back in when we lose it. Henry can’t do that. Pratley could but given our perilous situation I can see why he’d not want to and potentially leave us exposed

Edited by jules_darby

You answered my point a moments lapse and we ended up drawing we cannot atm when in front see the game out I am struggling to see how we are going to manage a win away from home. Hope these players prove me wrong and give us supporters something to cheer about.

This plus Birmingham winning was not unexpected the real bad result was the Burton win , which we could'nt do jack shit about.

We can still stay up but need to re-produce Barnsley second half performance.

That’s right

I can see Mounts’ point though, as in when we do go forward they both tend to sit and we have very few options / support. I suppose in the 5 man midfield, the point man ahead of them is supposed to do that. However, Vela is bang out of form, Clough not really being used and seems (understandably) bereft of confidence etc

In a 4 man midfield, you need more from the wide players and/or one of the central pairing had to bust a gut to get ahead of his man but then back in when we lose it. Henry can’t do that. Pratley could but given our perilous situation I can see why he’d not want to and potentially leave us exposed

The Vela of last season, closing down in midfield, bursting forward to support the striker & scoring a few goals, would have made a huge difference to us now.

Whether he's lost form or this is just a level too high for him, I don't know.

• Site Supporter

The Vela of last season, closing down in midfield, bursting forward to support the striker & scoring a few goals, would have made a huge difference to us now.

Whether he's lost form or this is just a level too high for him, I don't know.

The whole team is out of form, a poor team really struggling. Vela has seemingly got worse once Madine went. Long balls to alf often see him in no man's land chasing defenders as they pick up our long balls and start their own possession. Last year at least we had some ball and created some chances.

This season; nowt.

I'm reluctant to single any one of them out for heavy praise or heavy criticism, as for me the issue is on the training pitch.