Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Birmingham City Home

RUREADY2ROLL

Knock it long is not a microinstruction

correct. it is or should i say has been the biggest instruction hes given the team over 2 years

But say for arguments sake, he rates the defensive work Beevers does yet pulls his hair out when he consistently humps the ball aimlessly away the 'microinstruction' to Beevers should be

"when you have the ball give it easy to a white shirt" no more no less. If you cant keep possession by including Beevers in the passage of play remove him from of the equation

But after you remove from the equation, who do you replace him with and then do you get the same answer

I don’t mean take him out of the side. As I said, he gets the ball gives it easy and we start from there. There are a million and one options which are an improvement on panic panic panic lump

correct. it is or should i say has been the biggest instruction hes given the team over 2 years

But say for arguments sake, he rates the defensive work Beevers does yet pulls his hair out when he consistently humps the ball aimlessly away the 'microinstruction' to Beevers should be

"when you have the ball give it easy to a white shirt" no more no less. If you cant keep possession by including Beevers in the passage of play remove him from of the equation

You really think the biggest instruction Parky has given the team is that ?

Really ? Do you not rate him as a manager ?

You really think the biggest instruction Parky has given the team is that ?

Really ? Do you not rate him as a manager ?

Of course I rate him. Not only what he’s done for us but also what he achieved at Bradford

But that doesn’t mean he is exempt from any kind of criticism? He’s probably his own biggest critic

We all have at some point criticised a performance or the way he’s set us up, substitution or whatever

And just because we have had a fantastic start there are still parts of each performance which can be improved. He would no doubt be the first to admit that

Whether what Beevers has been instructed to do or is doing of his own accord is definitely something that can be improved. Simple as that

Crikey.

Even Owen Coyle wouldn’t have his centre halves consistently doing things of their own accord.

think your missing the point, Beevers hoiking the ball 40 yards up the pitch 9/10 is either something he has been told to do by PP (some say it isnt) and if he hasnt been told to do that he is doing it of his own accord as he is that panicky in possession thats his default option.

Either way, thats an area of our play currently that needs improvement

so not sure what the 'crikey' is about 

Of course I rate him. Not only what he’s done for us but also what he achieved at Bradford

But that doesn’t mean he is exempt from any kind of criticism? He’s probably his own biggest critic

We all have at some point criticised a performance or the way he’s set us up, substitution or whatever

And just because we have had a fantastic start there are still parts of each performance which can be improved. He would no doubt be the first to admit that

Whether what Beevers has been instructed to do or is doing of his own accord is definitely something that can be improved. Simple as that

A very fair response. I was just confused by the idea of it being the biggest instruction. Probably just how I interpreted it.

I get annoyed by Beevers use of the ball as much by some of his headers when under little pressure as anything else.

A very fair response. I was just confused by the idea of it being the biggest instruction. Probably just how I interpreted it.

I get annoyed by Beevers use of the ball as much by some of his headers when under little pressure as anything else.

His distribution is definitely the worst attribute to his game. whether that be a pass or like you say a wayward header that ends up in the ESL

and again, if he or any member of that back 4 are told to get it up the pitch early, hit Magennis and work off him then fine. Thats the way we are playing. But, you also need to make that approach work and his success in delivering those balls is poor.

i think on weds he hit 2 or 3 to Oztumer which went about 10 foot over his head? granted hes 5 ft odd but even Peter Crouch wouldnt of got them under control.

in a start with very little criticism so far that element of our game definitely needs some improvement as constantly giving the ball back to the opposition will quite quickly be our undoing 

That you think how our centre halves distribute the ball is something the management leave to the players to decide.

Getting a bit FIFA/Football Manager nonsense this. Managers might give instruction but they also tailor it to the players they have available. If Wheater and Beevers have been his best defenders he isn’t going to sacrifice that just because they are both limited in possession.

Does he say ‘Beevers launch it long every time without fail’. Course not. He will expect players to make the right decisions and read the game and situation they are playing in. We passed the ball againsf Brum but it went nowhere generally and eventually Beevers would try and cross field launch. So is Parky telling them to pass it or launch it? Because both generally happen.

I suspect Parky is telling them to not take unnecessary risks but get it into midfield when they can. Which relies on players making the right decisions at the right times. As does anything a manager wants. Parky has not ever been in the position as a manager to take a philiosophical position, he could tell Beevers to never play a long ball or he will drop him, and it would just result in mistakes that gift chances or more disjointed play. Yet thus far he’s not realistically had a budget to just replace him with a defender of the same quality.

• Site Supporter

Ameobi and Buckley to start the next game

Noone was anonymous,

Noone was scared to death of running down the wing for a through ball. In the second half he seemed to want to stand still waiting for the ball rather than make a move for a pass. Very frustrating.