Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

Oh this thing ...https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/schwinn-full-commercial-airdyne-ad8-dual-action-air-cycle.html?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwzN-vBhAkEiwAYiO7oCiZeb_Y-f_zuvFJuRpDearD3xKyqrSLiW8WYfWF3jXvMp403EujThoCVO0QAvD_BwE

😆 action man action bike. Yeah seen the fat fighters 60 min session loving these.

15 hours ago, royal white said:

Had my first bash at Hyrox today (went to the gym you go to in westhoughton @LH white) absolutely disgusting. It’s Done my bad back and shoulder no good at all but I’ll be back there on wed! 

Hyrox the new version of crossfit wankers......

the gym i went to did it. the problem is most mere mortals get tired and the trainers don't watch for form etc like the judges do. loads of lower back problems at the gym 

• 2 weeks later...

Rejoined the gym last week, today burnt 1000 calories and 5 miles on treadmill before breakfast. Frozen shoulder slowing me down, but honestly thought I had hernia on 15kg abdominal crunches- worst cramp ever, had to push my gut back in. Not weighed myself yet

4 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Rejoined the gym last week, today burnt 1000 calories and 5 miles on treadmill before breakfast. Frozen shoulder slowing me down, but honestly thought I had hernia on 15kg abdominal crunches- worst cramp ever, had to push my gut back in. Not weighed myself yet

Which gym have you gone for? 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Which gym have you gone for? 

Worsley Pool- 12 weeks free cos I’m a diabetic fatty bum bum 😂 will probably move to pure gym in town afterwards.

Why, what you flogging? 😂

1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

Worsley Pool- 12 weeks free cos I’m a diabetic fatty bum bum 😂 will probably move to pure gym in town afterwards.

Why, what you flogging? 😂

😂😂

Thats where I’m at now, I sacked total fitness off. WP is ideal, has all you need and it’s half the price. 

21 minutes ago, royal white said:

😂😂

Thats where I’m at now, I sacked total fitness off. WP is ideal, has all you need and it’s half the price. 

Yeah not too busy either- ideal for the train too 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone in strength or muscle training, this gut is brilliant.

Busts so many myths and utter bullshit you see and read all over the place. Silly diets and ill-informed advice, usually in exchange for cash.

On 19/04/2024 at 14:16, gonzo said:

Anyone in strength or muscle training, this gut is brilliant.

Busts so many myths and utter bullshit you see and read all over the place. Silly diets and ill-informed advice, usually in exchange for cash.

Thanks Gonzo - going to look at this - just started a breakfast/lunch run/ evening gym and then dinner routine - I have to say the caffeine advice is really good. having a strong cup at 5 before heading to the gym at 6/7 has really helped. Still sleep like a baby.

• Moderators

back from 3 weeks off during which time my back went and sciatica returned in the most painful way I've ever experienced

lots of massage and stretching

still feeling it a little but doing 5k today to see how I get on

got the BWFCITC 10k at aroudn the stadium this weekend

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

back from 3 weeks off during which time my back went and sciatica returned in the most painful way I've ever experienced

lots of massage and stretching

still feeling it a little but doing 5k today to see how I get on

got the BWFCITC 10k at aroudn the stadium this weekend

Head not still into the running but tempted by a 10k in the Darrent Valley on the 12th May. I'll be slow but something to work towards I guess. Not done a race in about 3 years I'd guess.

I’ve been training a lot more frequently and harder the last couple of months than usual, and I’ve gradually seen my resting heart rate go down. However this last couple of weeks it’s continued to go down further than I expected (usually 49-52) and it’s now at 45. now that’s the RHR of a 20 year old athlete. I can assure you  I’m not a 20 year old athlete. @Smiley what’s your readings coming in at? Where’s Rudy when you need him? 

Edited by royal white

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I’ve been training a lot more frequently and harder the last couple of months than usual, and I’ve gradually seen my resting heart rate go down. However this last couple of weeks it’s continued to go down further than I expected (usually 49-52) and it’s now at 45. now that’s the RHR of a 20 year old athlete. I can assure you  I’m not a 20 year old athlete. @Smiley what’s your readings coming in at? Where’s Rudy when you need him? 

Thinly veiled "I'm as fit as a butcher's dog" post 😁

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Came back of holiday last week and decided I’m kidding myself that I’m not a fatty… been back a week, exercised every day, cut my calorie intake and lost 2% body fat and 2 pounds… gonna be a long haul this, looking to lose 20 pounds. 

Good work that. If you kept that rate up for a year you'd be 7.5 stone lighter! 😲