Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

I don't buy into the atmosphere claim, either.

Keep all top tiers open, but screen off all bar the centre block(s).

You then get all the upper tier concentrated into one section, which would improve atmosphere up there, you'd need fewer stewards etc and only need one kiosk open.

14 minutes ago, Traf said:

You then get all the upper tier concentrated into one section, which would improve atmosphere up there, you'd need fewer stewards etc and only need one kiosk open.

Sounds like a plan ......maybe with fv it might be given some consideration

2 hours ago, Traf said:

That was my first thoughts back when the idea of upper closures were mentioned. Remember Huddersfield had advertising draped over their seats in the corners of the lower tier, probably for the same effect of massing supporters together for atmosphere behind the goal.

I think it would be a bad idea to completely mothball any of the tiers, whatever they decide to do, they'll not please everyone.

Agreed, the sheets and flags are embarrassing.  Re the sparsity of upper tiers, the NSU is by far the most populated of the 3, every match.  At a rough guess half full on average compared to maybe 30% in West and 20% in East (would be interested to see real figures, if only S/T breakdown).  I don't see any justification for closing NSU, especially as you want to create an atmosphere in the 2nd half attacking that goal, why remove part of that atmosphere and scatter it around the ground (or worse, give them a reason not to attend).  If we are shutting any, it has to be East, the least populated

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed, the sheets and flags are embarrassing.  Re the sparsity of upper tiers, the NSU is by far the most populated of the 3, every match.  At a rough guess half full on average compared to maybe 30% in West and 20% in East (would be interested to see real figures, if only S/T breakdown).  I don't see any justification for closing NSU, especially as you want to create an atmosphere in the 2nd half attacking that goal, why remove part of that atmosphere and scatter it around the ground (or worse, give them a reason not to attend).  If we are shutting any, it has to be East, the least populated

we were looking from ESL yesterday, we reckoned about 15% full in WSU, around the same in NSU. Obviously couldnt see ESU, but worrying if its less than the other 2.

42 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

we were looking from ESL yesterday, we reckoned about 15% full in WSU, around the same in NSU. Obviously couldnt see ESU, but worrying if its less than the other 2.

Happy to be proved wrong but NSU looked nearer 30% full than 15% (that would only be 300 - far more than that surely).  And surely there's 1000 in WSU?  I'm guessing about 400 in ESU normally from TV pics etc.  Someone will have the S/T figures on which to base the decisions.

• Site Supporter

Can't see WSU but N & ESUs are certainly nowhere near a third full. My guess is anout 10%. Very difficult to justify keeping them open really but at a pinch, one of the W or E stands. I get that the WS is the main stand but for me, the one to stay open would be the ESU as every game ends up on TV for at least the highlights and having a completely empty ESU just looks a bit small-time.Encourage those in West to venture to the East for a change.

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Can't see WSU but N & ESUs are certainly nowhere near a third full. My guess is anout 10%. Very difficult to justify keeping them open really but at a pinch, one of the W or E stands. I get that the WS is the main stand but for me, the one to stay open would be the ESU as every game ends up on TV for at least the highlights and having a completely empty ESU just looks a bit small-time.Encourage those in West to venture to the East for a change.

I don't like the argument that it would look better on TV full stop, but how many League Two matches do Sky show per season?

As for the higlights on Quest and Youtube, the camera angle means that the upper tiers aren't shown at all.

• Site Supporter

I’ve enjoyed being in the NU for last 8 seasons. Perfect seats 4 rows back behind goal. Family stand been perfect for boys, although now they’re getting older number one vacates his seat for crazy corner and number 2 probably not far off doing the same. While I’d be disappointed having to give seats up it certainly wouldn’t stop me going, wherever I sit. I’m definitely of the opinion we’ll be there regardless 

49 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Who cares whether we look small time? 

We're heading to league two 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

There's nothing worse than having upper tier supporters sat around you in the lower tiers, bemoaning to sit down & the like, piss off back to the uppers 😂

And spilling flask coffee all over you, whilst blowing their nose on the same 3 day old tissue.