Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Coventry

gonzo

2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

The fuckers still owe me and many others for Brentford. How hard would it have been to send out a freebie to all last year’s season ticket holders?

Goodwill instantly created, season ticket holders more likely to renew. Piece of piss to do, it’s a win win. 

But no, let’s squeeze every last drop from the fucking mugs. 

It’s bollocks. 

Who owes us for Brentford?  I'm not clear who "the club" is.  We dont have any owners.  The adminstrators arent Ken Anderson, its like expecting Tesco to refund for a faulty item bought at Asda, last year's club (as in people) doesnt exist any more.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Tough shit, but they’ll be letting down their family who watched us through thick and thin, they’ll be letting down the teams that entertained them through the good times.  It’s a rollercoaster ride watching Bolton Wanderers, we are all accustomed to that, so don’t let your forefathers down, don’t let the future of our club down, the clicking of the turnstiles makes us what we are. 

Quality that.

Emotional blackmail - like it.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Who owes us for Brentford?  I'm not clear who "the club" is.  We dont have any owners.  The adminstrators arent Ken Anderson, its like expecting Tesco to refund for a faulty item bought at Asda, last year's club (as in people) doesnt exist any more.

I dunno. If Tesco buy Asda won’t they be responsible for any shit I bought at Asda?

My pal got married on Saturday and his little son is being brought up a city fan because he doesn’t want him being upset ever day like we are, in his words.  Anyhow, I told this 2yr old that he has a duty to support his town team, just like his grandad and dad, to experience the shit we have.  We was there when Gary Cahill scored his last goal for Bolton at Everton and we won.  He will come through, I’ll make sure of it.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

My pal got married on Saturday and his little son is being brought up a city fan because he doesn’t want him being upset ever day like we are, in his words.  Anyhow, I told this 2yr old that he has a duty to support his town team, just like his grandad and dad, to experience the shit we have.  We was there when Gary Cahill scored his last goal for Bolton at Everton and we won.  He will come through, I’ll make sure of it.

When the Arabs start to lose interest (or oil revenues) their turn might come. They've been poor relations before.

1 hour ago, burnden said:

Its like super fan central on here tonight , not everyone's circumstances allow them to just pay whatever the club/administrators decide to charge.

That's true of course, but if we were playing Man Utd in a Premiership game I think we'd get more than 6k Bolton fans there.  And the only tickets for £24 would be concessions.

• Site Supporter
Just now, mickbrown said:

I dunno. If Tesco buy Asda won’t they be responsible for any shit I bought at Asda?

Maybe after they'd actually bought it, they might make an offer of compensation out of sheer good will.

They wouldn't be legally responsible though - especially not while they were still in takeover negotiations. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

You may have a valid technical point there Mick. Do season ticket holders from last year class as creditors in some way?

If yes, then the admin do have a responsibility to them. Don't hold your breath for 13p though.

7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Maybe not the best analogy by me, but nobody has bought us.  We dont have a chairman, a board of directors, an owner, a bloke running the show.  There's nobody to complain to.  Its not a normal situation, we have to just get on with it until normality returns and we can moan at the chairman, the manager, the crap players, the prices.  Until then surely we're just all grateful we havent died yet?

16 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Tough shit, but they’ll be letting down their family who watched us through thick and thin, they’ll be letting down the teams that entertained them through the good times.  It’s a rollercoaster ride watching Bolton Wanderers, we are all accustomed to that, so don’t let your forefathers down, don’t let the future of our club down, the clicking of the turnstiles makes us what we are. 

Nice speech but I'm afraid your not going to get people rocking up to watch a youth team with - 12 points getting dicked by Coventry and paying £24 for the privilege. We had 4000 crowds in the 80's and we are probably going down that road again. If it was free on Saturday we'd struggle to get 15k. 

wont everybody who had tickets for the brentford game get about £2 back as a creditor ? if theyre lucky..

dont think the shareholders got owt back when  eddie davies bought it with the A class /  B class shares switcharoo . 

1 minute ago, darrener said:

Nice speech but I'm afraid your not going to get people rocking up to watch a youth team with - 12 points getting dicked by Coventry and paying £24 for the privilege. We had 4000 crowds in the 80's and we are probably going down that road again. If it was free on Saturday we'd struggle to get 15k. 

You tell that to the lads and lasses who went to Wycombe at the weekend, our players who witnessed our fans roar them on into the ground when their coach turned up, the Wycombe fans who have invaded our websites with praise of everyone within our club.  It’s worth £24 of any mans money, Jesus Christ, the first match at Wembley had one of our fans walk down with a wheelbarrow raising money for charity. The least we can do is respect him and sit in a seat in our town to watch his club kick a ball, win lose or draw.

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Do not go then. But also do not complain if in 12 months there is no club there. 

Goes both ways to be fair. Club have treated supporters like shit for sometime.

PR wise we’ve been a disgrace for sometime. I don’t know what the answer is but I’m confident it’s not telling folk not to bother. The club have done nothing to work on any of the good will last week. I know it’s the administrators but still?

23 minutes ago, darrener said:

It’s not a speech, Money is irrelevant, we’ve all lost pals who go to the match, it’s about us as supporters supporting our team and not letting our mates down.  Dave Higson etc, let’s do it for them, we’ve all bragged about their passion Not Fashion,  let’s get everyone going, come on Bolton, it’s our day to show our worth, we did it at Wycombe 

Edited by Breightmet Boy

2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

It’s not a speech, Money is irrelevant, we’ve all lost pals who go to the match, it’s about us as supporters supporting our team and not letting our mates down.  Dave Higson etc, let’s do it for them, we’ve all bragged about their passion Not Fashion,  let’s get everyone going, come on Bolton, it’s our day to show our worth, we did it at Wycombe 

Fair play to you.