August 19, 20197 yr 2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said: Not safe? Eh I can’t comprehend how a team with an average of 19 can’t handle 2 games a week ‘safely’, It’s not rugby! Are they saying we can play on Saturday? We didn’t have a great deal going for us, the fact that we were getting these games on / fulfilled was something. Now that’s gone, it leaves us relatively hopeless! How long before the EFL give us 14 days to sort ourselves out like Bury? We are playing 16/17 year olds, they are kids. This is the right decision for the kids.
August 19, 20197 yr 3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said: Not safe? Eh I can’t comprehend how a team with an average of 19 can’t handle 2 games a week ‘safely’, It’s not rugby! Are they saying we can play on Saturday? We didn’t have a great deal going for us, the fact that we were getting these games on / fulfilled was something. Now that’s gone, it leaves us relatively hopeless! How long before the EFL give us 14 days to sort ourselves out like Bury? We’ve injuries, our bench was filled by 16 year olds, the FA are shit hot on child welfare and at 16 your a child, it’s not even up for discussion, as I said Saturday the FA have no choice given their own guidelines on welfare.
August 19, 20197 yr 13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said: It’s the right call. The rest of this season has to be in serious doubt and the clubs future looks perilous to me. indeed, it's death by a thousand cuts this. I've been quite positive the last few weeks, now I'm really fearing the worst. A minor annoyance is that I've planned my week to be up North tomorrow, and was looking forward (sort of) to getting to this game
August 19, 20197 yr 5 minutes ago, burnden said: Fair enough but surely we can't just pick and choose which games we want to play ?? The club aint according to the report, they've only just announced so theyve tried to get the lads ready by the looks, but it's not possible according to the medics.
August 19, 20197 yr I wonder if now the EFL will not allow us to play at all until this bollocks is sorted out (or we are dead)
August 19, 20197 yr Just now, burnden said: I wonder if now the EFL will not allow us to play at all until this bollocks is sorted out (or we are dead) That would be logical, ala Bury. I genuinally fear for us now (I was always expecting something alike a white knight riding over the horizon).
August 19, 20197 yr Said it last week will say it again. Until larry fucks off or someone undertakes to FV that no matter what happens with his claim they aren’t affected they aren’t interested. Couples with the hotel issue they are even less interested and want to kick the can down the road. Larry isn’t going anywhere quickly so as crazy as it sounds if he’s got the brass or someone else wants to take the club and or hotel like the Kamani backed group then FV need to step aside for the sake of our club i standby what I said yesterday that we have 2 weeks to sort this or we will be liquidated. Make no mistake this will happen and it’s heartbreaking to watch
August 19, 20197 yr 8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said: Not safe? Eh I can’t comprehend how a team with an average of 19 can’t handle 2 games a week ‘safely’, It’s not rugby! Are they saying we can play on Saturday? We didn’t have a great deal going for us, the fact that we were getting these games on / fulfilled was something. Now that’s gone, it leaves us relatively hopeless! How long before the EFL give us 14 days to sort ourselves out like Bury? Think it might have to do with Parkinson’s comments after the game they have a couple of long term injuries from last 3 games and no cover he sounded like the whole staff have had enough
August 19, 20197 yr 4 minutes ago, Escobarp said: Said it last week will say it again. Until larry fucks off or someone undertakes to FV that no matter what happens with his claim they aren’t affected they aren’t interested. Couples with the hotel issue they are even less interested and want to kick the can down the road. Larry isn’t going anywhere quickly so as crazy as it sounds if he’s got the brass or someone else wants to take the club and or hotel like the Kamani backed group then FV need to step aside for the sake of our club i standby what I said yesterday that we have 2 weeks to sort this or we will be liquidated. Make no mistake this will happen and it’s heartbreaking to watch I’m in complete agreement. Sad sad times.😢 Edited August 19, 20197 yr by Mounts Kipper
August 19, 20197 yr If nothing happens with a takeover for us and Bury until the transfer window closes, are we given special dispensation to deal outside of the window? If not, I'm thinking we may have a very small (and young) squad for the rest of the season.
August 19, 20197 yr 6 minutes ago, Escobarp said: Said it last week will say it again. Until larry fucks off or someone undertakes to FV that no matter what happens with his claim they aren’t affected they aren’t interested. Couples with the hotel issue they are even less interested and want to kick the can down the road. Larry isn’t going anywhere quickly so as crazy as it sounds if he’s got the brass or someone else wants to take the club and or hotel like the Kamani backed group then FV need to step aside for the sake of our club i standby what I said yesterday that we have 2 weeks to sort this or we will be liquidated. Make no mistake this will happen and it’s heartbreaking to watch Can't FV just get Larry on their board of directors, people seem to have been coming and going on that board all summer. Then everyone's happy.
August 19, 20197 yr 3 minutes ago, chrisw99 said: Can't FV just get Larry on their board of directors, people seem to have been coming and going on that board all summer. Then everyone's happy. That’s as likely to happen as Salford trotter and Paul Hanley having a wine and cheese evening together nice idea but in reality not going to happen
August 19, 20197 yr 6 minutes ago, MickyD said: If nothing happens with a takeover for us and Bury until the transfer window closes, are we given special dispensation to deal outside of the window? If not, I'm thinking we may have a very small (and young) squad for the rest of the season. Can still sign free agents who aren't attached to a club. There's millions of them...
August 19, 20197 yr 7 minutes ago, MickyD said: If nothing happens with a takeover for us and Bury until the transfer window closes, are we given special dispensation to deal outside of the window? If not, I'm thinking we may have a very small (and young) squad for the rest of the season. I’d doubt it we’d be fishing in the out of contract player pool.
August 19, 20197 yr 6 minutes ago, Farnywhite said: Think it might have to do with Parkinson’s comments after the game they have a couple of long term injuries from last 3 games and no cover he sounded like the whole staff have had enough Me too, but it sounds more like a footballing decision based on us having a better chance of winning if/when a takeover is complete and we've got a bigger squad rather than concern for our younger players - given that the average age of our youngest team put out so far was 19 and e.g. Rooney was a full international at 17. Think the welfare thing is a cover story.
August 19, 20197 yr 3 minutes ago, HomerJay said: the welfare thing is bollocks. Last season Parky would not play Connel 2 full games in a week surrounded by older players.
August 19, 20197 yr 5 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said: Me too, but it sounds more like a footballing decision based on us having a better chance of winning if/when a takeover is complete and we've got a bigger squad rather than concern for our younger players - given that the average age of our youngest team put out so far was 19 and e.g. Rooney was a full international at 17. Think the welfare thing is a cover story. rooney was built like a bull ours are generally little boys for all their willingness, its a joke watching em getting eased off the ball
August 19, 20197 yr 10 minutes ago, HomerJay said: the welfare thing is bollocks. If you’ve done any of the FA coaching courses you’d realise it’s not bollocks. Playing kids (under 18 classed as kids) inappropriately against older players and repeatedly is classed as poor practice and is reportable as such. Poor practice is defined as follows: • When insufficient care is taken to avoid injuries (e.g. by excessive training or inappropriate training for the age, maturity, experience and ability of players); These are the FA guidelines and why I knew on Saturday that games were going to be cancelled. Edited August 19, 20197 yr by Mounts Kipper
August 19, 20197 yr 10 minutes ago, HomerJay said: the welfare thing is bollocks. No, what you are saying is bollocks. Rooney wasn't surrounded by 16 and 17 year olds was he ? The EFL and BWFC have a duty to protect these kids, and the 16 year olds are kids, not adults FFS.
August 19, 20197 yr 4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said: If you’ve done any of the FA coaching courses you’d realise it’s not bollocks. Playing kids inappropriately against older players and repeatedly is classed as poor practice and is reportable as such. Poor practice is defined as follows: • When insufficient care is taken to avoid injuries (e.g. by excessive training or inappropriate training for the age, maturity, experience and ability of players); These are the FA guidelines and why I knew on Saturday that games were going to be cancelled. Do they classify who is a kid Mounts? We have 4 seniors 4 of the lads who played against Coventry are 20 or older, so that’s 8 who are surely fine to play 4 more were 18 or 19 years old That’s 12 players who according to the Law of the land are adults Edited August 19, 20197 yr by birch-chorley
August 19, 20197 yr 9 minutes ago, birch-chorley said: Do they classify who is a kid Mounts? We have 4 seniors 4 of the lads who played against Coventry are 20 or older, so that’s 8 who are surely fine to play 4 more were 18 or 19 years old That’s 12 players who according to the Law of the land are adults 10 of the squad v Coventry were under 18 2 of the 4 you mention are goalkeepers. I personally am not comfortable with the kids being flogged into the ground.
August 19, 20197 yr 52 minutes ago, burnden said: Apparently no one told Donny first , they found out online , shabby as fuck that. No-ones told anyone anything, EFL claiming they weren't told either. Staff certainly weren't told of the club's intentions either, as a mate of mine bought ticket for tomorrow and Ipswich from the ticket office barely half an hour before the announcement.
August 19, 20197 yr 2 minutes ago, Ani said: 10 of the squad v Coventry were under 18 2 of the 4 you mention are goalkeepers. I personally am not comfortable with the kids being flogged into the ground. If it’s still a case of trying to limp through to a completion date and then try and stay up then we can’t be missing games and getting further points deductions IMO If that means playing a keeper outfield for the odd game then so be it. We have 12 players 18 or older, sign half a dozen lads from non league who will happily play for free for a month (shop window for them, works for us) and we have a squad of 18 players old enough. Worst case now the EFL give us 14 days to sort ourselves out like Bury, what if we don’t complete in 14 days? Rather limp through by hook or by crook than give up
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.