Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Doncaster

L/H White

21 minutes ago, snowball said:

What, apart from blind optimism makes you, Half Baked, Spider etc think that this takeover is going to happen anytime soon? Now gerting to point of delusion.

That bullshit statement from the Hotel Admin tells you everything by saying nothing. The deal is nowhere near at least not from FV. Players who have been hanging on are now taking offers elsewhere and they obviously have no faith anything is sorted soon. Meanwhile kids are dropping like flies and being put in harms way to buy more time for more delay more legal shenanigans more obfuscation . Writing is on the fucking wall drama queens my arse.

Please show me where I've stated that I think the takeover is going to happen soon?

With such childish behaviour as name calling on the internet, maybe you should give yourself a care of duty too! Something like only posting once a week until you can grow up enough to accept people having different opinions to you doesn't mean you're better than them or that your opinion is the only right one.

45 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Why?

Personally I feel it’s a mooch for fans. To be fair I’m not as annoyed as I once was.

I like many others I’m sure just want to watch Bwfc. 

At least the magpie fella only did it when we had international weekends😂

14 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anyway

theres more to this than player welfare

I think putting a match on at the stadium is currently beyond us.

we need immediate and readily available cash. 

Dont know why its so hard for some to accept player welfare is at stake! 

28 minutes ago, Paul Francis said:

Donny fan here, although I kind of understand, you would do well to remember that in the 97/98 season our youth team played virtually every game that season and took a fair few hammerings of 6, 7 or 8 nil. We were relegated out of the league & it looked like we were done. At least if you get relegated you would still be in the league and under new ownership. So for what it's worth I think you be made to play. And I was looking forward to visiting the Reebok. 

It's a reasonable argument but child welfare has come on quite a lot in the last 20 years.  To be fair most of us were quite prepared for hammerings each week until it was sorted

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, snowball said:

Dont know why its so hard for some to accept player welfare is at stake! 

I fully agree that they need protection 

however, it’s also a very convenient excuse if you know you can’t afford to host a game...

• Moderators

Aye, flagging it with the EFL first may allow us to discuss bringing in reinforcements

Cancelling it without telling anyone probably gets us in more trouble then we were already in

Which I don't supposes matters really 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

So what next a deadline like bury over our league place? 

How can they justify not giving us a 14 day deadline if they have done for Bury 

Based on the Hotel Administrators note last night, I’d say that puts our league status firmly at risk 

Brilliant 

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

This whole farce has been an amateurish shambles from start to finish. 

Did nobody think it might have been an idea to have a chat with the league or Doncaster?

Absolute fucking clowns. 

Aye, we're really not helping ourselves with this shit.

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

This whole farce has been an amateurish shambles from start to finish. 

Did nobody think it might have been an idea to have a chat with the league or Doncaster?

Absolute fucking clowns. 

Whilst I’ve been trying to avoid criticising anyone over the whole ridiculous saga of the club being bought you are absolutely correct mick. I appreciate that the admins are not “football people” who care about the club or fans but amateurish is an insult even to rank amateurs. This is worse 

We aren't doing the free offer as a set of vultures, the majority of us that run the Colls are Bolton fans as many on here know, I personally got pissed of with it when Lennon and Megson were in charge, in recent years we have had a lot of Bolton fans down doing the hospitality bit and we have always treated them properly, this is a gesture from our Chairman and Secretary to try to lift a bit of gloom with a football fix

8 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

We aren't doing the free offer as a set of vultures, the majority of us that run the Colls are Bolton fans as many on here know, I personally got pissed of with it when Lennon and Megson were in charge, in recent years we have had a lot of Bolton fans down doing the hospitality bit and we have always treated them properly, this is a gesture from our Chairman and Secretary to try to lift a bit of gloom with a football fix

I'm sure most see it for what it is pal. A decent, well intentioned gesture.  Not one I'll be taking advantage of this time, it's too raw and I'm sulking, but perhaps in the future.