Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

if I think I've got it, I'm going to shake as many of my mates hands, coupled with a hug and a kiss, as possible

if I'm going down, they're coming with me

19x3ef.gif

• Moderators

we should have a WWays sweepstake for the first one to catch it, Gonzo can do names out the pot like usual

Worthy10 must be a favourite with his travelling, and whoever it was who went to the canaries recently, maybe Fan5 for passing it off as a cold

I'm in anyway

• Members
28 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

we should have a WWays sweepstake for the first one to catch it, Gonzo can do names out the pot like usual

Worthy10 must be a favourite with his travelling, and whoever it was who went to the canaries recently, maybe Fan5 for passing it off as a cold

I'm in anyway

Superb idea.

Escobarp ain’t getting it up there, CV can’t break an irn bru immune system.
I travel a bit but I’m gonna be doing the ‘Chinese handshake’ from now on.

I reckon cheese lives in an underground bunker with Miami’s and royal whites name on the wall so he’ll be reet.

Im betting on someone who frequents on a public transport to work.

I’m in. Gonzo get it sorted lad.

47 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm in anyway

For the record - I've never once, said anything like that.

20 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Superb idea.

I reckon cheese lives in an underground bunker with Miami’s and royal whites name on the wall so he’ll be reet.

Has to confirmed with a GP's sick note details coronavirus! :)

27 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Has to confirmed with a GP's sick note details coronavirus! :)

Which is tough considering people aren't meant to rock up at their GP practices...issue was discussed on the radio about people asked to self isolate and how (when this thing is more common) they could prove it to an employer - suggestion that NHS111 would provide a record confirming person was asked to isolate. 

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Superb idea.

Irn bru extra and copious amounts of fried food should see it off. Health kick has been abandoned im stocking up on calories now ahead of the food shortages. 

pizza crunch and chips for lunch 

deep fried steak pie chips and curry sauce for my tea 
that’ll show this fucking virus who’s boss  

and if cv doesn’t get me the heart attack will 💪🏽

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm in anyway

Captainmed must be fairly high on the list. 

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm in anyway

All the old cnuts with their generous pension pots might not have chance to spend it

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It’s just a cold remember. Not sure what  all the panic is about 

tin foil hat brigade apparently according to some????? 

amazing how folks tunes change somewhat. 

anyway I’m away to b and m for hand sanitizer they’ve new stock in 

My tin foil hat meme was about your post that it was a man made virus if I remember correctly.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

For the record - I've never once, said anything like that.

Someone did as Escobarp keeps going on about it

Whoever it was, is a good bet

My mrs is half Chinese so I'm a bit worried

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Nobody has said it to my knowledge. Someone paraphrasing and making stuff up doesn't mean it was said.

My point has always been and remains that this is a novel virus - caused by a virus that also causes the common cold - but one we've no immunity to. Its not good news at all, but far from the severity of such a virus with this infection and a SARS like mortality rate. The mortality rate is officially 3.4% BUT virtually every epidemiologist believes it to be well under that given the number of mild undetected cases.

Its bad for the economy, our lifestyles and everything else. And some probably many people will sadly die from contracting it BUT perspective still needed that ultimately its not something that will wipe out entire populations - Spanish Flu targeted younger healthier people for example - that was seriously awful compared to a virus that generally, younger healthier people will shake off. Or compared to Ebola or Sars were they this infectious that kill up to 20% of people infected. 

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I believe the comment from memory was this is just a common cold like virus or something to that effect. 
We have three medical “experts” on here. Kent who is but sticks to the facts. Peelyfeet who appears to come to life on the subject which is good and appears knowledgeable. And fanny5. Of the 3 I’m sure it was fanny5 by process of elimination who made the comment. He will undoubtedly be along when he’s finished with his stint preparing the England side for the upcoming 6 nations and briefing guardiola on tactical adjustments for the weekend.  

anyway I reckon I’ve got it.  Had a fever a couple of days ago and have had a cough/chesty feel for a couple days as well and feel a bit under the weather. 

for the record I am not self isolating