Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep.

Not too long back plenty of people from these shores did such work.

Lots of things have changed that around, but now we could do with some public information films/adverts outlining what's involved and the benefits of such work.

Some of these large fruit farms for example have accommodation, health care facilities and even entertainment all on site.

Potential for a decent summer; some paid work, shagging, leisure activities, more shagging and even someone to help treat your dose afterwards. :)

gets you fit too, knackering picking fruit and veg all day

Just now, peelyfeet said:

I wonder if we will see less people turning up to hospital and the doctors for a while after this subsides - I must admit the few times I've been unfortunate enough to have to go to A and E or an observation ward in the last few years, there were loads of drunks and addicts in, i wonder if that has dropped off, or are they still turning up to A and E ? 

Wasn't here an article by a GP a few days ago trying to get across to people that they're still open for other "business"? Their concern was that people either think they're not supposed to bother them with anything other than covid symptoms, or that they'd be at risk if they went in. The big worry was people therefore not getting early signs of cancers etc getting looked at

57 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I mentioned it before somewhere, but the Contractors we had when I worked at Munich Airport, and we had usually around between 40 up to 80 at the busiest times, the hardest workers were the Eastern Europeans. The laziest work dodgers without any doubt we’re the English, followed by the French. At least the French knew they were useless. The English seemed to think they were somehow superior to all the other Nationalities. The only people even worse than us English people in that respect: Australians.

Guess us and the Aztec have gone down hill since roughly 1939/45

I know a few people who work in different a and e's and they're deserted. Kids wards are quiet too, the only problem is that parents are tending to hold off taking kids in so the ones on the wards tend to be in a bad way. Theyve moved loads of staff around in nhs and at the moment seem to be coping. How long they can keep it like that is the question I suppose. Seen a few criticising nightengale hospitals but seems harsh to me, they threw them up and were for worst case scenario, going to be teething problems. My mates a doctor at MRI intensive care, she says it's not as busy as they expected but it's full of middle aged over weight blokes, I've been exercising everyday since she told me that. 

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I thought that you could get a second job elsewhere, if you were furloughed (provided your employer agrees)  - I don't really know too much about it, as it's not affected me or my company yet though, so happy to be proved wrong

No you're right- heard off a friend & thought you couldn't. 

Turns out you can - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/read-this/furloughed-staff-can-apply-work-farms-heres-how-2539169%3famp 

Just read that one applicant who applied for farm work received a reply saying there has been 18,000 British apliclants & there were no vacancies for two months.

I don't think the media is giving us much of a picture here. But the 'workshy Brits' seems a bit of a nonsense narrative when you look at what's happening.

48 minutes ago, Ani said:

140k registered companies on the furlough website. 1m people. 

Anyone who has launched a website would have to say that is very impressive to have that built and working in about 3 weeks. 

Agreed. And if the money comes through as seemlessly it should rightly be hailed as a massive success story.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Who the fuck has let a daily record journalist ask questions at these briefings? First one I’ve seen for a while and I’m gobsmacked that rag is allowed In. First question in are the Tories listening to the snp?? 

fuck

off

and now the Liverpool echo. All credibility has gone 

I thought the Liverpool Echo question gave a fairly informative answer on mass gatherings.

If they're still happy that that was the right decision, which they say they are, then there's no reason why we won't all be back at the match in no time.

5 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Agreed. And if the money comes through as seemlessly it should rightly be hailed as a massive success story.

UK Governments and big IT projects, historically, haven't been best bedfellows, but Universal Credit (now) seems sorted and fingers crossed for this.

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

I've no idea mate - I would reckon that the calibre of worker that you get will probably be based on several economic factors - I've worked in farming/gardening, building trade, hospitality, laboratory, and lots of offices, and I've worked with multiple businesses  - I've seen lazy bastards and grafters of every nationality and region I've come across.

Laziest blokes I've ever worked with for any length of time are a bloke from Sale, (but he had 20 houses that he also rented out, so wasn't really bothered about the job), a Turkish waiter who would to do anything to skive and work slowly. best grafters ive seen were probably irish lads on a building site, north Africans picking veg, and malaysian restaurant staff.     

The people I am talking about are all time served Aircraft Mechanics/Engineers. The jobs they do are all the same. You mentioned Turkish, which does remind me that I did have a couple of German born Turks who were not only lazy but useless with it, and whenever they fucked up they could not accept it was their fault. Fucking morons.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Is that good or bad news?

There’s green, amber, red and black which is used by a south east CCG. 

Green is where things should be. 

Is that because people with others matters aren’t being admitted and there’s been concerted efforts to clear wards?

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

I wonder if we will see less people turning up to hospital and the doctors for a while after this subsides - I must admit the few times I've been unfortunate enough to have to go to A and E or an observation ward in the last few years, there were loads of drunks and addicts in, i wonder if that has dropped off, or are they still turning up to A and E ? 

They are indeed, at least in Glasgow and Lanarkshire. The bloke who works for me has just done Saturday and Sunday night shifts in A&E. These are 3 genuine cases he’s had in over the weekend, all of them accompanied by the coppers......

1. Bloke who got a kicking from his neighbours after he’d twatted his neighbour with a shovel. When asked why he’d twatted said neighbour he just said that the neighbour had “put the bins out too loudly” and he was getting pissed off with the lockdown and needed to “hit someone”. Completely unconcerned that he could barely stand up due to his booze consumption and the fact that the rest of the neighbours had turned on him

2. Well known usual attendee at A&E. Dealer known for taxing other dealers and suspected of ending a few lives previously. Stabbed in the neck. Ended up with his rib cage being cut open and open heart massage applied. “Sadly” didn’t make it

3. Another well known attendee from the drug underworld. He fell downstairs apparently. My man asked him if he’d fallen on a shoe rack and bounced up and down a few times as there were at least four different shoe prints on his body

Dunno what @escobarp is seeing and hearing on the other side of Scotchland but over on the West they planned for CV admissions and haven’t yet seen the levels that they expected, but a big increase in stabbings and kickings. He’s heard that Lothian and Tayside are particularly bad for both these, particularly Dundee where the addicts/dealers are going crazy and causing mayhem with A&E admissions

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Caught a business owner on the radio saying the form was really long winded, confusing and/or complicated

She had to submit how much each employee paid in NI contributions over the last however many months

She had no idea as she doesn't do payroll and the most recent hadn't been processed yet

Be interesting to see how many successful applicants there are compared to how many are rejected due to lack of info

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

They are indeed, at least in Glasgow and Lanarkshire. The bloke who works for me has just done Saturday and Sunday night shifts in A&E. These are 3 genuine cases he’s had in over the weekend, all of them accompanied by the coppers......

1. Bloke who got a kicking from his neighbours after he’d twatted his neighbour with a shovel. When asked why he’d twatted said neighbour he just said that the neighbour had “put the bins out too loudly” and he was getting pissed off with the lockdown and needed to “hit someone”. Completely unconcerned that he could barely stand up due to his booze consumption and the fact that the rest of the neighbours had turned on him

2. Well known usual attendee at A&E. Dealer known for taxing other dealers and suspected of ending a few lives previously. Stabbed in the neck. Ended up with his rib cage being cut open and open heart massage applied. “Sadly” didn’t make it

3. Another well known attendee from the drug underworld. He fell downstairs apparently. My man asked him if he’d fallen on a shoe rack and bounced up and down a few times as there were at least four different shoe prints on his body

Dunno what @escobarp is seeing and hearing on the other side of Scotchland but over on the West they planned for CV admissions and haven’t yet seen the levels that they expected, but a big increase in stabbings and kickings. He’s heard that Lothian and Tayside are particularly bad for both these, particularly Dundee where the addicts/dealers are going crazy and causing mayhem with A&E admissions

Re covid it’s relatively quiet over here. 1100 cases in total and nurse who lives round the corner says it’s as good as it can be but a and e is like a ghost town  

Couple of disturbances over the other side of the city by all accounts. Not sure what was behind them. 
Over my side the dealers are doing a roaring trade. Was speaking to one in the queue for the coop week last Sunday and he said he was mega busy as folk are spending their money staying in. No shortage of supplies here so that means there’s enough to keep them all happy. When that stops then likely all hell will break loose. 

i suspect the only reason the dealer related incidents are becoming more prominent is simply due to the lack of other issues caused by the boozers being shut?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep.

Not too long back plenty of people from these shores did such work.

Lots of things have changed that around, but now we could do with some public information films/adverts outlining what's involved and the benefits of such work.

Some of these large fruit farms for example have accommodation, health care facilities and even entertainment all on site.

Potential for a decent summer; some paid work, shagging, leisure activities, more shagging and even someone to help treat your dose afterwards. :)

Sounds like Pontins with hard graft chucked in. 

Fuck. That. 

11 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Crude Oil price dropped 141% in a day. Negative... 

Cheaper than a Big Mac meal, I read

I hope our Govt is stocking up

I bet Richard Branston is all over it

Just now, Rudy’s Message said:

Branson wants £500m government bailout.

Hes worth £4.4b. 

What a cunt.

Was worth 4.4bn. On paper 

Super rich people don’t get super rich by investing all their own money in their businesses. 

im not defending him I’m just adding a bit of perspective. He’s also offered to put necker island up as security for a loan.

he also put 215m of his own Money into virgin airlines last month. Now asking for a loan of 500m not a handout. 

how many folk own business with cash in the bank who haven’t and won’t put a penny of their own money in and will furlough staff and take grants loans whatever is available? Yet that’s deemed acceptable?? But Branson putting in 215m of cash and then asking for a loan is so bad?

not for me

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Cheaper than a Big Mac meal, I read

I hope our Govt is stocking up

I bet Richard Branston is all over it

Minus 299% now. 

Apparently because all storage is full up due to production continuing but demand falling off a cliff. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Was worth 4.4bn. On paper 

Super rich people don’t get super rich by investing all their own money in their businesses. 

im not defending him I’m just adding a bit of perspective. He’s also offered to put necker island up as security for a loan.

he also put 215m of his own Money into virgin airlines last month. Now asking for a loan of 500m not a handout. 

how many folk own business with cash in the bank who haven’t and won’t put a penny of their own money in and will furlough staff and take grants loans whatever is available? Yet that’s deemed acceptable?? But Branson putting in 215m of cash and then asking for a loan is so bad?

not for me

Didn’t he put loads of staff on unpaid leave right at the start of all this?

Fuck him. 

And if his island does end up held in hock by the British taxpayers, bagsie last week in August.